Warriors Now and Later

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:57 am
John Patrick wrote:...and get a good/great and non-injury prone player in return.



I'd be happy with an expirer because with Murphy gone, Diogu can get much more time and develop and there will much more salary room to sign guys like Pietrus, Barnes and Biedrins (which ever ones Mullin wants to keep). Combo guards like Monta are more frequent than good bigs like Diogu so it wouldn't be a loss that can never be replaced and the great backcourt of Baron and JRich would still be intact
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:04 am
John Patrick wrote:...and get a good/great and non-injury prone player in return.


That’s it, I changed my mind. I want that Charles Booster stud in Utah.

Rookie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:28 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:00 am
We have big cap problems going into next year,because nobody wants Dunleavy's contract,but Murphy must go.I would not get rid of Ellis under any circumstances.I would keep Petrius.

The team has too many problems with injuries on on a game to game basis.I would rather make a trade that will include a ist round pick in 2007,since this is a great draft coming up.

Here is a trade that works under the cap rules and helps the Warriors down the road.The Warriors unload Murphy and Diogu which are owed 11.5 million combined for next year to Charlotte for their ist round pick,the expiring contract of Melvin Ely(3.3m) and Gerald Wallace who has one more year on his contract(6m). Under the Bird rule Melvin Ely would have to agree on the trade.You do not resign Melvin Ely,but you save 5.5 million on the diffference between the salaries of Murphy and Wallace.You can just let Wallace's contract expire at the end of next season,which saves us another 6m.In the meantime we get the ist round pick from Charlotte and grab a big man.We can pick up Hansbro,Thorton,Noah,if he is still there.If we win the lottery with the Charlotte pick maybe we have a long shot at Oden or Durant.

We are a middle of the pack team,which is the worst position to be in.I do not want to be the Minnesota T-Wolves.If the Warriors were in the east with Philadelphia with Boston,they would win this division.We are in the West with no margin for error.We need to start stockpiling draft picks and put a cornerstone player next to Biedrins.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:16 am
is1531 wrote:Here is a trade that works under the cap rules and helps the Warriors down the road.The Warriors unload Murphy and Diogu which are owed 11.5 million combined for next year to Charlotte for their ist round pick,the expiring contract of Melvin Ely(3.3m) and Gerald Wallace who has one more year on his contract(6m). Under the Bird rule Melvin Ely would have to agree on the trade.You do not resign Melvin Ely,but you save 5.5 million on the diffference between the salaries of Murphy and Wallace.You can just let Wallace's contract expire at the end of next season,which saves us another 6m.In the meantime we get the ist round pick from Charlotte and grab a big man.We can pick up Hansbro,Thorton,Noah,if he is still there.If we win the lottery with the Charlotte pick maybe we have a long shot at Oden or Durant.


Great. Except that trade would be too dumb for words from Charlotte's point of view.

Why would they make that trade for two PFs having Okafor and Sean May?. Not only that, Murphy's contract ain't exactly cap friendly... and they also would give us their first rounder (a high first rounder) in the most loaded draft of the least few seasons... Completely crazy trade for Charlotte.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:33 pm
is1531 wrote:Here is a trade that works under the cap rules and helps the Warriors down the road.The Warriors unload Murphy and Diogu which are owed 11.5 million combined for next year to Charlotte for their ist round pick,the expiring contract of Melvin Ely(3.3m) and Gerald Wallace who has one more year on his contract(6m). Under the Bird rule Melvin Ely would have to agree on the trade.You do not resign Melvin Ely,but you save 5.5 million on the diffference between the salaries of Murphy and Wallace.You can just let Wallace's contract expire at the end of next season,which saves us another 6m.In the meantime we get the ist round pick from Charlotte and grab a big man.We can pick up Hansbro,Thorton,Noah,if he is still there.If we win the lottery with the Charlotte pick maybe we have a long shot at Oden or Durant.


::lol:

Rookie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:28 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:08 pm
TMC wrote:
is1531 wrote:Here is a trade that works under the cap rules and helps the Warriors down the road.The Warriors unload Murphy and Diogu which are owed 11.5 million combined for next year to Charlotte for their ist round pick,the expiring contract of Melvin Ely(3.3m) and Gerald Wallace who has one more year on his contract(6m). Under the Bird rule Melvin Ely would have to agree on the trade.You do not resign Melvin Ely,but you save 5.5 million on the diffference between the salaries of Murphy and Wallace.You can just let Wallace's contract expire at the end of next season,which saves us another 6m.In the meantime we get the ist round pick from Charlotte and grab a big man.We can pick up Hansbro,Thorton,Noah,if he is still there.If we win the lottery with the Charlotte pick maybe we have a long shot at Oden or Durant.


Great. Except that trade would be too dumb for words from Charlotte's point of view.

Why would they make that trade for two PFs having Okafor and Sean May?. Not only that, Murphy's contract ain't exactly cap friendly... and they also would give us their first rounder (a high first rounder) in the most loaded draft of the least few seasons... Completely crazy trade for Charlotte.


Michael Jordan has already stated they wil be active in free agency for the Bobcats. I have seen so many Bobcats games this year,whereby they have lost games due to lack of experience.They need a veteran presence to bring the young kids along.Morrison still has a long way to go.Wallace is still hurt and has just 1 year left on his contract.Sean May has been hurt twice this year,but I only see him as a backup role player.I stongly believe that Goden State and Charlotte will work out a deal before next season.

Remember Charlotte already lost a franchise.This city will not wait forever to be competitive.The Warriors must have a power player playing next to Biedrins.Right now they do not have that.The Warriors are in the middle of the pack right now,so a draft pick at this point would probably come up short.I will not trade Murphy and Diogu for garbage.Charlotte is so weak right now,they blew a 20 point lead at home last weak to Minnesota,by letting Mark Blount dominate the game.This would be the same Mark Blount that would decimate the Spurs in the next game,that would send the Spurs down to defeat for one night.It's all about matchups right now,and the Bobcats can not matchup.Brevin Knight has been around forever.He is not the same player when he played for Cleveland.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:21 pm
is1531 wrote:Michael Jordan has already stated they wil be active in free agency for the Bobcats.


Yep. And they need cap space to do so, not blowing it on Murphy... Also, they'll have another top pick in the draft, which would be pretty stupid to trade. And May is having a good season, much better than any of the guys they would get in the trade (only because Ike doesn't play, tho). He has also played, counting injuries, 10 more games than Murphy and 13 more than Ike.

If anything, the Bobcats would take 10 steps back with that trade. Probably would take them a decade to get the point in which they are right now (as bad as they are).

Rookie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:28 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:35 pm
TMC wrote:
is1531 wrote:Michael Jordan has already stated they wil be active in free agency for the Bobcats.


Yep. And they need cap space to do so, not blowing it on Murphy... Also, they'll have another top pick in the draft, which would be pretty stupid to trade. And May is having a good season, much better than any of the guys they would get in the trade (only because Ike doesn't play, tho). He has also played, counting injuries, 10 more games than Murphy and 13 more than Ike.

If anything, the Bobcats would take 10 steps back with that trade. Probably would take them a decade to get the point in which they are right now (as bad as they are).


Again,Charlotte has enough young players.Do not get caught up with numbers.You have to see the games.I see the Bobcats games,so if May's numbers were really that good the Bobcats would have a better record.The Bobcats do not have chemistry for long periods of time.The Bobcats only have 2 untouchable players,which include Ramond Felton and Omeka Okafor.The rest of the players are available,including May.The Bobcats do not want to be in the lottery in 2008.You can say what you want about the cap,but Murphy and Diogu can play and help the Bobcats. :)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:38 pm
Ok, I don't want to get caught up in a pointless discussion. If the Bobcats have two PFs and want to trade for two more, while at the same time damaging their cap and draft, so be it...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21202
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:02 am
TMC wrote:Ok, I don't want to get caught up in a pointless discussion. If the Bobcats have two PFs and want to trade for two more, while at the same time damaging their cap and draft, so be it...



The Bobcats would want Diogu but not Murphy. Okafor can play center alongside Diogu. Mullin is likely not that stupid
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron