I didn't know this about Ike.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Starting Lineup
Posts: 913
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:01 am
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:40 am
Unfortunately, Ike is a very raw basketball player, and untils he grows up his basketball IQ he will continue to be in Don Nelson cellar. I can't blame Nelson about favoring certain players that fit his system when this team was built around a failed college system and coach. On the bright side, key post players like Kwame Brown, Jermaine O'Neil, Zach Randoph and Chris Wilcox take several years to develop, much longer than guard to determine whether they can make an impact in the league. I blame Murphy for most of our problems, he is the worst defensive player in the league and we can't even blame Dunleavy for he crappy defensive when he comes off the bench. Overall, we can't complain. We are missing two of three of our best guards and our youthful center Biedrins is not accustomed to playing huge minutes and we are still in playoff contention.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21375
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:56 am
But Nelson's favourites, such as dun and Murphy, stink more than the rotting bog and cost the team, not help it like Diogu does. Plain and simple, you play the players that perform the best, like Nelson himself said at the start of the season. Yet this is not happening with the situation with Diogu but instead, the better he plays, the less time he gets to play, as has been seen by him being inactive the last two games.

Just doesn't make sense
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:13 am
dareedle wrote: On the bright side, key post players like Kwame Brown, Jermaine O'Neil, Zach Randoph and Chris Wilcox take several years to develop, much longer than guard to determine whether they can make an impact in the league.


I wouldn't count Randolph there. He didn't take as long. He was part of the rotation in his second season and a starter by the third, so it's not like it has taken a lot of time to develop him.

About the rest of those players... they have one thing in common. They didn't have play time with the team that draftem them and ended up playing (once "developed") for other teams.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:20 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
jsw548 wrote:Nelson said before the game Diogu has problems posting against longer players who tend to stay on their feet, such as Memphis' Gasol.


That sounds utterly ridiculous after allowing 144 points. Ike can score against anyone. He can't defend much, but nobody does it anyway... Nellie better starts working on another lame excuse to not play Ike.



That was a disrespect by Nelson if it is what he said! What garbage


yup, quoted in about fifteen different press sources....the folks who say it is Ike's play never address why he got 2 sraight DNPs after scoring 31 points in 35 minutes on 70% shooting...can you imagine all the Dung or Troy-sucking posts and threads if either of them did that?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21375
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:12 pm
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
jsw548 wrote:Nelson said before the game Diogu has problems posting against longer players who tend to stay on their feet, such as Memphis' Gasol.


That sounds utterly ridiculous after allowing 144 points. Ike can score against anyone. He can't defend much, but nobody does it anyway... Nellie better starts working on another lame excuse to not play Ike.



That was a disrespect by Nelson if it is what he said! What garbage


yup, quoted in about fifteen different press sources....the folks who say it is Ike's play never address why he got 2 sraight DNPs after scoring 31 points in 35 minutes on 70% shooting...can you imagine all the Dung or Troy-sucking posts and threads if either of them did that?



There would be about 5 posts for each one saying what an injustice it was :roll:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13525
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:03 am
coltraning wrote:can you imagine all the Dung or Troy-sucking posts and threads if either of them did that?

Are you kidding?

Nobody here gives Murphy or Dunleavy any respect, even when they do show up like that. Murphy could have an 18 and 16 game and everybody'd be bitching.

"Oh, he got all the CHEAP rebounds!... 16 times." :roll:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:16 am
#32 wrote:
coltraning wrote:can you imagine all the Dung or Troy-sucking posts and threads if either of them did that?

Are you kidding?

Nobody here gives Murphy or Dunleavy any respect, even when they do show up like that. Murphy could have an 18 and 16 game and everybody'd be bitching.

"Oh, he got all the CHEAP rebounds!... 16 times." :roll:



Yeah, there are dozens of teams waiting in line to trade for him...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:06 pm
#32 wrote:
coltraning wrote:can you imagine all the Dung or Troy-sucking posts and threads if either of them did that?

Are you kidding?

Nobody here gives Murphy or Dunleavy any respect :roll:

I cannot let that one pass, 32. No one gives Dunleavy any respect? Are you and I on the same forum? There have been at least 7 threads singing his praises since I've joined, and let's not forget the legendary Thinking Warriors, OG Pawno and others, who were tireless advocates for Dunleavy. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:10 pm
coltraning wrote:I cannot let that one pass, 32. No one gives Dunleavy any respect? Are you and I on the same forum? There have been at least 7 threads singing his praises since I've joined, and let's not forget the legendary Thinking Warriors, OG Pawno and others, who were tireless advocates for Dunleavy. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


Don't blame pawno. She has to support Dunleavy. It's her son we're talking about. :mrgreen:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:16 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:I cannot let that one pass, 32. No one gives Dunleavy any respect? Are you and I on the same forum? There have been at least 7 threads singing his praises since I've joined, and let's not forget the legendary Thinking Warriors, OG Pawno and others, who were tireless advocates for Dunleavy. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


Don't blame pawno. She has to support Dunleavy. It's her son we're talking about. :mrgreen:

ya know, as one of "them" i have to object to your misogyny. Here's my pic, to refresh your memory, and I look damn hot for 82 :mrgreen:
Image
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13525
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:25 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:
coltraning wrote:can you imagine all the Dung or Troy-sucking posts and threads if either of them did that?

Are you kidding?

Nobody here gives Murphy or Dunleavy any respect, even when they do show up like that. Murphy could have an 18 and 16 game and everybody'd be bitching.

"Oh, he got all the CHEAP rebounds!... 16 times." :roll:



Yeah, there are dozens of teams waiting in line to trade for him...

See? TMC just proved my point.

coltraning wrote:I cannot let that one pass, 32. No one gives Dunleavy any respect? Are you and I on the same forum? There have been at least 7 threads singing his praises since I've joined, and let's not forget the legendary Thinking Warriors, OG Pawno and others, who were tireless advocates for Dunleavy. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

ThinkingWarriors has been gone since before June. OG broe likes EVERY player on the team.

Pawno is the only guy. Name one other person who consistently gives Mike Dunleavy praise. Everyone else hates him.

migya.
You.
Pest.
TMC.
4 of the forums most regular posters, just to name a few. And that list, my friend, goes on and on.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:32 pm
coltraning wrote:ya know, as one of "them" i have to object to your misogyny. Here's my pic, to refresh your memory, and I look damn hot for 82 :mrgreen:
Image


Nah, it's just makeup and surgery. You know, professionals can do wonders with that. :wink:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:33 pm
yes, but dunleavy has gotten more praise threads than any other player and many of the non-regulars give him love (they are quickly chased off the forum.

And WHENEVER DUN HAS A GOOD GAME he gets a praise thread. Remember the time he had a quite good game (15-7-7 or something) and there were FOUR threads started about it? The dung fans are here, they just hide in the woodwork
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:41 pm
TMC wrote:
Nah, it's just makeup and surgery. You know, professionals can do wonders with that. :wink:

o.k. - ya got me - here's the before and after:
Image
Image
thank god for modern medicine

:D
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:49 pm
coltraning wrote:Image
thank god for modern medicine

:D


Yeah, naturals... F*ck naturals!!!. Surgery is the way to go. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: *











* Millions of plastic surgeons agree with me. That proves I'm right.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests