How you like Mike now?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:12 pm
Birdmonster wrote:Look: Dunleavy is worth maybe two mil a year as a 20 minute a game bench player. Problem is he's getting 9 a year and way more time than he deserves. And, honestly, every time I'm at a game I can literally FEEL the energy in the arena die out when Mike's subbed in. Fair or unfair, it's true. He's a buzzkill, plain and simple.

Blame Mullin for drafting him; Blame Mullin for overpaying him; but blame Dunleavy for playing passionless, mediocre ball.

Nice points. I really think you need to be at a game to see just how detrimental he is to the team, because it's only by watching him off the ball that one sees how his poor choices and lack of good basketball instinct damages his team. On TV you see him fumbling, throwing away balls, missing open jumpers, not finishing, getting blown by for layups. However, between the cheerleading squad of Fitz, Barnett, Roy and Hu and NOT seeing how badly he moves without the ball unless you are at the game, it is hard to get the full dimensions of what a drag he is. Yeah, 2 mill a year 20 minutes tops off the bench, he is not an issue. 9 mill, cosseted, media-sucked teammate-bitcher and 4 plus year underachiever, and you see the disenchantment...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:51 am
Birdmonster wrote:Look: Dunleavy is worth maybe two mil a year as a 20 minute a game bench player. Problem is he's getting 9 a year and way more time than he deserves. And, honestly, every time I'm at a game I can literally FEEL the energy in the arena die out when Mike's subbed in. Fair or unfair, it's true. He's a buzzkill, plain and simple.

Blame Mullin for drafting him; Blame Mullin for overpaying him; but blame Dunleavy for playing passionless, mediocre ball.

All good points. :D
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:19 am

What's done is done and won't be undone :x

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:04 am
Nice much needed clutch 3pt shot to seal the victory Dunleavy :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:15 am
seems relevant to repost this right about now
John Patrick wrote:A trend I've noticed: when Dunleavy has a shitty game, Dun fans point to other people and blame them. They say "yeah, but why isn't "X" (mostly Baron, all Dun fans hate Baron) getting the blame".

Hey bud. We're not talking about Baron. We're talking about Dunleavy. He put in a shitty game. Period.

Every time Baron has a good game (and he has a heck of a lot more than Dunny-Dun), does the "Warriors Basketball" section start sprucing with "Baron love vibe" or "How do you like him now?" threads? NO. That's cause Baron consistently has good games. Yes, we know he had an off-night in Sacto. But Dunleavy always has an off-night, and that's why Dun fans try to blame other teammates.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:48 am
O.G. broe wrote:Nice much needed clutch 3pt shot to seal the victory Dunleavy :!:

Doesn't mean he played a good game at all

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:53 pm
I never said I was a Dun fan, just didnt like the treatment he received.

And, I never bleamed Baron...I would never blame Baron hes our best player. I pointed out a fact that more than one player had a bad game against Sac.

Im only replying to the posts that keep this thread alive...Im not posting in support of Dun, just defending my stance everytime someone else wants to keep this discussion alive.

trolloc

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:11 pm
And by the way, I listened to the game last night on the radio and Dunleavy was a complete nightmare.

The only reason I think Dunleavy is getting minutes ahead of Ike is because Nellie can use Mike to bring the ball up and get it into the hands of Baron as a SG.

But after last nights shooting ( think he missed his first 5 or 6 ?) I would think Nellie would be seconding guessing himself.

I predict that when Monta is healthy well see Ike get alot more playing time, with Monta at the PG in more situations.

Trolloc

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:59 pm
O.G. broe wrote:Nice much needed clutch 3pt shot to seal the victory Dunleavy :!:

This is the funniest post i have read in here in awhile.

good times

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:36 am
Thank you I wrote it after Dun hit a big 3 pt shot to seal a victory, Did I go overboard :?: ... There's no :?: Dun has been a disappointment but what's wrong with acknowledging if he contributes to a victory, It sure is cool to constantly kick him in the teeth :boxing:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:51 am
It's alright to say he hit a big shot but you will get roasted a bit because he has been awful and noone likes him for it. Reasonable enough

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:26 pm
O.G. broe wrote:Thank you I wrote it after Dun hit a big 3 pt shot to seal a victory, Did I go overboard :?: ... There's no :?: Dun has been a disappointment but what's wrong with acknowledging if he contributes to a victory, It sure is cool to constantly kick him in the teeth :boxing:

Yea i hear ya OG. But you never see someone write the same thing if Baron hits a big shot or Pietrus or anyone else on the team. I think its just funny that Dunleavy fans over applaude something he SHOULD be doing a semi-regular basis. Im glad Barnett has finally started calling him out on being sub-par and pretty much as Nelly put it "horrible". Maybe now that the coach and one announcer are calling it how it is you are allowed to follow suit? Or do you need direct permission from our sorry worthless loser of an owner?

And i dont knock Dunleavy to be cool. I was actually against drafting him before he was drafted. Against starting him before he became a starter and against signing him to an extension before he was signed. Im an "OG dunleavy realist". Only reason i continue to "hate" on him is so if by chance Mullin or any Warrior in managment read this they know he is not wanted.

You Suck Dunleavy, please ask daddy to trade for you.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:29 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:
O.G. broe wrote:Thank you I wrote it after Dun hit a big 3 pt shot to seal a victory, Did I go overboard :?: ... There's no :?: Dun has been a disappointment but what's wrong with acknowledging if he contributes to a victory, It sure is cool to constantly kick him in the teeth :boxing:

Yea i hear ya OG. But you never see someone write the same thing if Baron hits a big shot or Pietrus or anyone else on the team. I think its just funny that Dunleavy fans over applaude something he SHOULD be doing a semi-regular basis. Im glad Barnett has finally started calling him out on being sub-par and pretty much as Nelly put it "horrible". Maybe now that the coach and one announcer are calling it how it is you are allowed to follow suit? Or do you need direct permission from our sorry worthless loser of an owner?

I find myself in the interesting position of defending OG Broe's posting that had praised Dunleavy. OG Broe praises all of the Warriors, not just Dunleavy. It isn't like Dunleavy was singled out by OG Broe. All Warrior players, regardless how pathetic they may be, get love from OG Broe.

Dunleavy is a lightening rod of controversy on this team: high draft choice, underachiever, big contract, untradeable to other teams. As long as he is on the Warriors, the team needs to find a way to minimize his shortcomings and to take advantage of his limited strengths.

And i dont knock Dunleavy to be cool. I was actually against drafting him before he was drafted. Against starting him before he became a starter and against signing him to an extension before he was signed. Im an "OG dunleavy realist". Only reason i continue to "hate" on him is so if by chance Mullin or any Warrior in managment read this they know he is not wanted.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:24 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:

That will never happen because he would cause his parents to divorce. mama Dunleavy would get pissed at daddy Dunleavy by keeping jr's. little butt on the bench.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:48 pm
tradedunleavy wrote:

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball