Should Jason Richardson Pack It In For The Season?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:05 pm
Could be a blessing in disguise,gives his knee a lot more time

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:18 pm
aaustria wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:One of the biggest problems with the Warriors is the best players are injury prone (Baron, J-Rich, Pietrus, Ike and Monta). all these guys have missed a lot of time in the last two seasons. For some reason, the Mike Dunleavys never get hurt. I wonder why?

From what I remember, Monta Eliis wasn't considered one of the better players last year, and anyone who took a fall like he did shouldn't be labeled as, "injury prone". Instead, Monta just got, "injured".

If you remember, Monta missed almost all or training camp with a nagging injury. Nelly even questioned his heart and his work ethic.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:57 pm
John Patrick wrote:He's not hurting the team. I'd rather have a 70-80% J-Rich in there than Dunleavy, McLeod, or whoever. Still, it may be smart to pack it in for the season.

If he kept playing on, he might never get back to being a 100% JRich

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:11 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:One of the biggest problems with the Warriors is the best players are injury prone (Baron, J-Rich, Pietrus, Ike and Monta). all these guys have missed a lot of time in the last two seasons. For some reason, the Mike Dunleavys never get hurt. I wonder why?

Sure Dunleavy doesn't get hurt. He's like a non-scoring deion sanders out there on the court... Maybe, just maybe he'll be hurt taking one of those charges he does...
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:27 pm
uptempo wrote:Jason Richardson is my favorite player on this Golden State Warrior team. His game has improved consistently since his rookie year. If he needs 4-6 weeks to recover from the broken hand and can come back to play, then that is great. If he needs a whole season to get healthy, then that is OK too.

This team is going to be fine at shooting guard. Nelson may decide to put Dunleavy or Pietrus at the 2 spot, the other player (Dunleavy or Pietrus at the three, and Barnes at the 4. Nelson may also decide to leave the lineup as it is and put Dunleavy at the 2 or Nelson may change things up and play Ike at the 4, Pietrus at the 3 and Barnes at the 2 with Dunleavy spelling Ike.

The 2 and 3 spots are interchangeable (as is the 4) on a Don Nelson team. If this injury were to happen to Baron Davis, then I would be seriously worried, although Robertson can develop into a "nice" backup point guard and Monte when he returns from injury will be able to also run the offense.

Spot on, buddy. Jason Richardson's earned enough respect to get a year off, if need be. The man's earned it. It just sucks that the heart and soul of this team (for the past 5 years) might not be here when we're making our biggest playoff push of his career.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:20 am
well 4-6 weeks pretty much means that hes gonna be out until 3/4 of the season has passed.

Good news, he can rest up that knee. Bad news, we aren't with one of our court leaders and leading scorer.

Well, hopefully this D-League guy from Kentucky can fill the void at least.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:52 pm
#32 wrote:Jason Richardson's earned enough respect to get a year off, if need be. The man's earned it. It just sucks that the heart and soul of this team (for the past 5 years) might not be here when we're making our biggest playoff push of his career.

AGREED... SO NO ONE SHOULD BE GIVING HIM SH-T!

I'm really sick of the Jason Richardson bashing this year (no just on this forum, but by my friends as well)! How can any Warriors fan give this guy sh-t when he was our team last year! Give him a chance to recover. He's never had a big injury like this before. It's bound to happen with every star NBA player. He will overcome these injuries and be the J-Rich of old, but it's just gonna take time. He'll be back at the end of the season if the Warriors have play-off chances, but if not, expect him to come back on fire next year. Sh-t... J-Rich would play with his broken hand if the doctors had no say (that's how much passion he has). Yes, it is very disappointing to see J-Rich struggle, but it's not his heart, his passion, or ability that is struggling... it's his nagging injuries. When he's been in the game this year he played the best he could and by the way he played last year you should all know that J-Rich plays his hardest no matter what the situation.

To look on the bright side of J-Rich breaking his hand... at least he can rest his knee!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:16 am
Josh Jamison wrote:
#32 wrote:Jason Richardson's earned enough respect to get a year off, if need be. The man's earned it. It just sucks that the heart and soul of this team (for the past 5 years) might not be here when we're making our biggest playoff push of his career.

I'm really sick of the Jason Richardson bashing this year (no just on this forum, but by my friends as well)! How can any Warriors fan give this guy sh-t when he was our team last year! Give him a chance to recover. He's never had a big injury like this before. It's bound to happen with every star NBA player. He will overcome these injuries and be the J-Rich of old, but it's just gonna take time. He'll be back at the end of the season if the Warriors have play-off chances, but if not, expect him to come back on fire next year. Sh-t... J-Rich would play with his broken hand if the doctors had no say (that's how much passion he has). Yes, it is very disappointing to see J-Rich struggle, but it's not his heart, his passion, or ability that is struggling... it's his nagging injuries. When he's been in the game this year he played the best he could and by the way he played last year you should all know that J-Rich plays his hardest no matter what the situation.

To look on the bright side of J-Rich breaking his hand... at least he can rest his knee!

JRich is great and deserves nothing but credit for his performances and desire but I would not be against either him or Monta being traded, along with either Murphy or dun (be great if it was both) for a good player or even expirers. The only way to get rid of any of the three bad contracts is like this and with Monta, Biedrins, Diogu, Pietrus and Barnes getting much better, it would be more favourable for the team

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:11 pm
migya wrote:JRich is great and deserves nothing but credit for his performances and desire but I would not be against either him or Monta being traded, along with either Murphy or dun (be great if it was both) for a good player or even expirers. The only way to get rid of any of the three bad contracts is like this and with Monta, Biedrins, Diogu, Pietrus and Barnes getting much better, it would be more favourable for the team

I'd trade Baron before J-Rich. J-Rich is more bang for the buck. I mean, Baron is not $5 million better than J-Rich.

I know it may not be the best of times to say so, as this is Baron's best season in years, but I honestly would rather trade him than J-Rich, in case one of them had to go.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:40 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:

wow - I must have missed it, cause I have not read one thing where JRich was being bashed. Recognizing that he is not 100% recovered from injury is not bashing. :?:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:44 pm
I haven't heard any bashing either. Bashing JRich would be blasphemy. Calls for banishment, in my book. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:50 pm
Definitely. Jason has proved far more than any other Warriors in his 5 years apart of this franchise. If he takes the rest of the year off, so be it. And if anyone does or has bashed on him, then they should be condemned to a private showing of nude pics that include Dun, St. Jean, Webber, and Smith.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:18 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Definitely. Jason has proved far more than any other Warriors in his 5 years apart of this franchise. If he takes the rest of the year off, so be it. And if anyone does or has bashed on him, then they should be condemned to a private showing of nude pics that include Dun, St. Jean, Webber, and Smith.

Dun obviously must have nude pics of Mully, Nelly, and Cohen with Rosie O'Donnell in a gang bang because he got the huge contract and keeps getting major minutes no matter how he sucks. :)

But back to J-Rich. The guy has the heart of a lion. He is like a prize race horse that fights a broken leg in a cast. The only way to get him off that knee was to break shooting hand. If Monta had J-Rich's heart he would be unstoppable.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:58 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:JRich is great and deserves nothing but credit for his performances and desire but I would not be against either him or Monta being traded, along with either Murphy or dun (be great if it was both) for a good player or even expirers. The only way to get rid of any of the three bad contracts is like this and with Monta, Biedrins, Diogu, Pietrus and Barnes getting much better, it would be more favourable for the team

I'd trade Baron before J-Rich. J-Rich is more bang for the buck. I mean, Baron is not $5 million better than J-Rich.

I know it may not be the best of times to say so, as this is Baron's best season in years, but I honestly would rather trade him than J-Rich, in case one of them had to go.

It might be harder to replace Baron that's all. Monta could be either a PG or SG but either way, Murphy and dun will be hard to trade without adding a star young player as well

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:38 am
migya wrote:It might be harder to replace Baron that's all. Monta could be either a PG or SG but either way, Murphy and dun will be hard to trade without adding a star young player as well

Not so hard. He can be replaced in the same trade. I mean, take for example a trade of Baron and Pietrus for Andre Miller and Iguodala (doesn't work under the cap, would need fillers. It's just an example). With a trade like that we replace Baron, while at the same time improving the team and the salary cap...
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball