Troy Murphy & Mike Dunleavy

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:42 am
:evil: Okay... I know most of us are very frustrated with both of these underachiving bums and I'm just not going to say that without explaining myself, so here ya go...

Jim Barnett, even though I don't care for the guy, finally stated my same feelings about both Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy during last nights game against the Hornets. I'm so happy that Barnett finally looks right through both of these guys and says that they both need to step it up. If Barnett's fed up, and that's someone from inside the organization, than maybe someone will listen, because we all know it goes in one ear and out the other with fan opinions (ourselves).

Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy are making proven talent money, but where's the proof? The proof is in Matt Barnes, Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins, and even the new guy Kelenna Azubuike and that doesn't make any sense! Azubuike showed more hustle and pretty much had better stats than both Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy last night. Matt Barnes is another one that is murdering both of these guys statistically and with huslte. What's the difference between Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy to Kelenna Azubike and Matt Barnes... HUSTLE!!!!! HUSTLE!!!!!! HUSTLE!!!!!

Where's the God damned hustle Troy and Mike!!!! You need to earn your respect on this team and on this floor! Do you both expect the fans to cheer heavily for you because you're making big bucks and were top players in the NCAA during your time there? We Warriors fans don't give a ****ing sh-t about that... We want assertion, we want hustle, we want desire, we want winner mentalities! I don't see that at all in Troy and Mike. For cryin' out loud we've went the most seasons without making it to the play-offs for 13 piece of sh-t years! Do Troy and Mike care? NO! Step it up!! You want us to give you both slack? Fu-k off... both of you! I'm finished with both of you! You got these guys making the league minimum on our team and they are playing better than both of you! What's that tell you? This is ****ing ridiculous! I see the potential in both of you, but neither of you have the heart to let it out! I'm sorry I have to say this, but play hard and hustle or get the f-ck out of a Warriors uniform (easier said than done)! I'm sick of it! I don't want slackers on my favorite team. I love the Golden State Warriors, but I don't like you Troy and Mike, not anymore! I hate players that don't try on the court!

Sorry to all about my bashing of these two so called "Warriors players," but I just could not hold it in anymore.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:16 pm
Josh Jamison wrote::evil: Okay... I know most of us are very frustrated with both of these underachiving bums and I'm just not going to say that without explaining myself, so here ya go...

Jim Barnett, even though I don't care for the guy, finally stated my same feelings about both Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy during last nights game against the Hornets. I'm so happy that Barnett finally looks right through both of these guys and says that they both need to step it up. If Barnett's fed up, and that's someone from inside the organization, than maybe someone will listen, because we all know it goes in one ear and out the other with fan opinions (ourselves).

Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy are making proven talent money, but where's the proof? The proof is in Matt Barnes, Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins, and even the new guy Kelenna Azubuike and that doesn't make any sense! Azubuike showed more hustle and pretty much had better stats than both Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy last night. Matt Barnes is another one that is murdering both of these guys statistically and with huslte. What's the difference between Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy to Kelenna Azubike and Matt Barnes... HUSTLE!!!!! HUSTLE!!!!!! HUSTLE!!!!!

Where's the God damned hustle Troy and Mike!!!! You need to earn your respect on this team and on this floor! Do you both expect the fans to cheer heavily for you because you're making big bucks and were top players in the NCAA during your time there? We Warriors fans don't give a ****ing sh-t about that... We want assertion, we want hustle, we want desire, we want winner mentalities! I don't see that at all in Troy and Mike. For cryin' out loud we've went the most seasons without making it to the play-offs for 13 piece of sh-t years! Do Troy and Mike care? NO! Step it up!! You want us to give you both slack? Fu-k off... both of you! I'm finished with both of you! You got these guys making the league minimum on our team and they are playing better than both of you! What's that tell you? This is ****ing ridiculous! I see the potential in both of you, but neither of you have the heart to let it out! I'm sorry I have to say this, but play hard and hustle or get the f-ck out of a Warriors uniform (easier said than done)! I'm sick of it! I don't want slackers on my favorite team. I love the Golden State Warriors, but I don't like you Troy and Mike, not anymore! I hate players that don't try on the court!

:D :D :D

Perfect post, til this point...

Josh Jamison wrote:Sorry to all about my bashing of these two so called "Warriors players," but I just could not hold it in anymore.

This part ain't so perfect. You don't have to apologize for anything, Josh. Those two slackers have to...
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:44 pm
TMC wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote::evil: Okay... I know most of us are very frustrated with both of these underachiving bums and I'm just not going to say that without explaining myself, so here ya go...

:D :D :D

Perfect post, til this point...

Josh Jamison wrote:Sorry to all about my bashing of these two so called "Warriors players," but I just could not hold it in anymore.

This part ain't so perfect. You don't have to apologize for anything, Josh. Those two slackers have to...

yeah - great post! and not to beat a dead horse, but the same night Murphy and Dung get yet more unwarranted minutes, 12 step Nelson ices a kid who makes the absolute most of his limited minutes in Ike. It is all sickening. Murph and Dung are the photo-negative of barnes and diogu, effort and contribution-wise per minutes...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:55 pm
Many on this board share your frustration with Murphy and Dunleavy; however, Nelson has to play these two. Mullin let Musselman go because of Musselman not playing Dunleavy. With the big contracts that Mullin has handed these two, Nelson has no choice but to play them.

It may come down to combinations where both Dunleavy and Murphy cannot be on the floor together.

Lastly, I agree with you about the hustle that we see in the youngsters. Dunleavy and Murphy lack the hunger and desire to play hard like the youngsters.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:46 pm
uptempo wrote:Mullin let Musselman go because of Musselman not playing Dunleavy.

When are you ever gonna give this up? :wink: I don't wanna respond to this (again) because I haven't gotten a direct response back yet when I prove otherwise.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:51 am
Murphy and dun are not worth keeping and yet Nelson plays them while not playing Diogu who has been doing great. This and this alone is the most mystifying thing to me this season

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:50 pm
Again... against Memphis Azubike shows up Murphy and Dunleavy!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:39 pm
migya wrote:Murphy and dun are not worth keeping and yet Nelson plays them while not playing Diogu who has been doing great. This and this alone is the most mystifying thing to me this season

there is a back story here none of us know, cause there is no rational explanation
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:49 pm
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:Murphy and dun are not worth keeping and yet Nelson plays them while not playing Diogu who has been doing great. This and this alone is the most mystifying thing to me this season

there is a back story here none of us know, cause there is no rational explanation

thats what i was a bout to say.There has to be more to it than we get to seem.Maybe Ike slept with Nellies wife or somethin
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:03 pm
Quazza wrote:
coltraning wrote:

thats what i was a bout to say.There has to be more to it than we get to seem.Maybe Ike slept with Nellies wife or somethin

It is probably just about playing the guys that get paid the most but it is not working!

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:07 pm
uptempo wrote:Many on this board share your frustration with Murphy and Dunleavy; however, Nelson has to play these two. Mullin let Musselman go because of Musselman not playing Dunleavy. With the big contracts that Mullin has handed these two, Nelson has no choice but to play them.

It may come down to combinations where both Dunleavy and Murphy cannot be on the floor together.

Lastly, I agree with you about the hustle that we see in the youngsters. Dunleavy and Murphy lack the hunger and desire to play hard like the youngsters.

I agree with you uptempo. I said it before and I say it again. Money talks and bull sh_t walks. Big bucks must play. Even at the cost of losing games. Look at these two, all of a sudden Antawn Jamison's contract don't look so bad.
Last edited by The Coooach on Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:08 pm
uptempo wrote:Many on this board share your frustration with Murphy and Dunleavy; however, Nelson has to play these two. Mullin let Musselman go because of Musselman not playing Dunleavy. With the big contracts that Mullin has handed these two, Nelson has no choice but to play them.

I agree with you uptempo. I said it before and I say it again. Money talks and bull sh_t walks. Big bucks must play. Even at the cost of losing games. look at these two,all of a sudden atawn Jamison's contract don't look so bad.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:26 am
not to sound crasy here but nellie knows more about personnel than mully does you would think. he needs to play to win. and i believe he has, murphy hasnt played many mins, and dunleavy hasnt played much in the 4th. the ike situation is what boggles my mind. when the w's go on one of those 3 points in 5 min spans, give ike the ball down low 5 times i'll bet ya he'll score or get fouled 3 out of 5 times. ike is a waste of production as far as scoring goes, rotting on the bench. i mean i know the w's want to run, but the run isnt always there, which is where nelly needs to sit the white boys and let ike bang in the post!!!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:38 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:Look at these two, all of a sudden Antawn Jamison's contract don't look so bad.

Well that's true isn't it. Jamison in place of dun and Diogu in place of Murphy would make this team top 5 :x

Return to Warriors Basketball