Yes
69%
no
31%

Total votes : 13

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:01 am
migya wrote:I'm talking about the last two positions, the 11th and 12th. Baron has a good chance of getting one of those spots. You brought up Deron and he could be a darkhorse as the Jazz have won alot! I actually pick him as the biggest surprise if there is one

I'm talking about those two positions also. There won't be more than 5 guards, and that leaves just one spot available.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:03 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I'm talking about the last two positions, the 11th and 12th. Baron has a good chance of getting one of those spots. You brought up Deron and he could be a darkhorse as the Jazz have won alot! I actually pick him as the biggest surprise if there is one

I'm talking about those two positions also. There won't be more than 5 guards, and that leaves just one spot available.

There's always a chance that TMac has a bad back and sits out )or plays SF like he has been for the Rockets before this season) or Kobe goes missing :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:22 am
Paul seems like he's going to be out at least a month... That's a big blow to his all star chances. And Baron's go up a bit.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:15 am
TMC wrote:Paul seems like he's going to be out at least a month... That's a big blow to his all star chances. And Baron's go up a bit.

It is looking very good for Baron! Only Deron looks like he be named ahead of him for one of the last spots and that is only because of his team's success this season

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:59 am
Tony Parker is the one I inexplicably forgot! Parker is ding well again this season, like he did last season, and the Spurs are again a top 3 team in the West and he has had alot to do with that so he will likely get an allstar spot and that wil likely make Baron miss out

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:04 am
migya wrote:Tony Parker is the one I inexplicably forgot! Parker is ding well again this season, like he did last season, and the Spurs are again a top 3 team in the West and he has had alot to do with that so he will likely get an allstar spot and that wil likely make Baron miss out

Parker?. I like him... but all star?. Seems a bit too much, but you never know. Players in successful teams are not required to do as much as others.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:12 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Tony Parker is the one I inexplicably forgot! Parker is ding well again this season, like he did last season, and the Spurs are again a top 3 team in the West and he has had alot to do with that so he will likely get an allstar spot and that wil likely make Baron miss out

Parker?. I like him... but all star?. Seems a bit too much, but you never know. Players in successful teams are not required to do as much as others.

I like him to and don't think he is worthy of being allstar but he was last season and it looks the same this season; his production and the Spurs record

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:43 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:That's what I'm saying, Allen has been allstar for a few years straight and so they might keep going with him but Baron deserves it more than Allen, Lewis and Brand, so he does have a chance of making it

Yeah, but Baron is a guard, so, from those three, only Allen is on his way. Lewis and Brand are forwards, so that's a different debate.

I still think Nash, AI, Kobe and T-Mac are sure all stars this season. That leaves one spot available for the likes of Baron, Allen, Paul and even Deron Williams.

Should Baron make it?. Sure. Can he make it?. Not so sure. I don't think he has much cred between some coaches.

correct me if im wrong, but i thought 11th and 12th men werent decided by position but by vote
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:51 pm
robersonSHOULDstart wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:That's what I'm saying, Allen has been allstar for a few years straight and so they might keep going with him but Baron deserves it more than Allen, Lewis and Brand, so he does have a chance of making it

Yeah, but Baron is a guard, so, from those three, only Allen is on his way. Lewis and Brand are forwards, so that's a different debate.

I still think Nash, AI, Kobe and T-Mac are sure all stars this season. That leaves one spot available for the likes of Baron, Allen, Paul and even Deron Williams.

Should Baron make it?. Sure. Can he make it?. Not so sure. I don't think he has much cred between some coaches.

correct me if im wrong, but i thought 11th and 12th men werent decided by position but by vote

That's right, which is why I think Baron has such a good chance. There can be 5 or 6 guards on the allstar team

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:07 am
robersonSHOULDstart wrote:correct me if im wrong, but i thought 11th and 12th men werent decided by position but by vote

Yeah, there's no positional needs involved, but I don't think it matters. Baron won't get as many votes as other players... and even if position doesn't matter, I cannot a west team loaded with guards. There's too much talent in the conference to bring 6 guards on the team.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:48 am
TMC wrote:
robersonSHOULDstart wrote:correct me if im wrong, but i thought 11th and 12th men werent decided by position but by vote

Yeah, there's no positional needs involved, but I don't think it matters. Baron won't get as many votes as other players... and even if position doesn't matter, I cannot a west team loaded with guards. There's too much talent in the conference to bring 6 guards on the team.

I disagree. There are too many guards playing great and not as many forwards. Deron, Parker, Paul and Baron are all playing well while only Brand, Lewis and Marion are really any chance of getting allstar. Randolph's team is just not winning enough.

Since the Mavs are winning so much and are #1 in the West and nba, Terry and especially JHoward have a great chance of being chosen, since coaches seem to go for players on the best teams

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:01 am
I'd like to see the NBA try and let the coaches take over. Just like the NFL and their Pro Bowl, the fans vote of course, but they're only worth like 33% of the whole thing and the coaches are 67%. Doesn't necessarily have to be like that, but somewhere around where the coaches do more than the lil kids.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball