How you like Mike now?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:24 pm
cladden wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:[quote="Trolloc"
Ive been to numerous games and Im sick of the " dont put the white guy in the game" comments coming from the fans around me...its just f*cking lame.

Cant imagine what the crowd around me would do if i said the same about a black player.

Trolloc

Are you feeling sorry for Dunleavy because he is a minority for once in his life? I'm the only black at my job and cannnot get promoted because I don't project the corporate image. Feel sorry for me, I'm not a multi-millionaire like Mikey. So let's don't start with the white boy crap again. It has nothing to do with his race. He's just not very good. Even a blind pig finds an acorn every now and then.

I hate Dunleavy the same way I hated Johnny LeMaster on the Giants years ago. I hate the way we HAVE TO play him to justify his #3 selection. I hate his new contract. I hate the way he always try to take a charging foul instead of playing defense. I hate the way he rags on his team mates. I hate we traded Antawn Jamison so Mikey could start. I hate the Barnett and Fitzgerald kisses his ass all the time.

I can relate to your hate for Dun but taking charges is just about the only thing he's good at. He's so frail that his charges look really realistic. In my book that's his number one skill. :-)

I find it hilarious how Fitz struggles to keep his stance on the charging rule while still defending Dun in every way.[/quote]

Nobody on this board feels sorry for Dunleavy. If anything, he, Dunleavy has been the board's resident whipping boy (maybe for good reason).

Every Warrior fan wants to see the team and individual players do well; however, it appears that Dunleavy may not have the skills nor the desire necessary to succeed in the NBA. It was not his fault that he was drafted #3 nor that Mullin decided to go with him instead of Jameson. It is Dunleavy's fault for not improving his game and for his whining and complaining attitude.

Dunleavy's last chance may be to effectively run the offense from the point power forward position in Nelson's offense. Other than that, Dunleavy is truly awful.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:29 pm
Dunleavy: 5-19 from the field, 1-6 threes. BRILLIANT. How do you like Mike now?

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:35 pm
John Patrick wrote:Dunleavy: 5-19 from the field, 1-6 threes. BRILLIANT. How do you like Mike now?

It was a mistake to draft him with the #3 pick. It was a bigger mistake to re-sign him for the big dollar contract. It was a huge mistake to pick Dunleavy over Jameson. Mullin is responsible for much of this mess. That being said, no one is going to trade anything of value for Dunleavy (Foyle or Murphy, too), for his contract is way out of line for what he is worth. With that being said, only Eric Musselman was willing to take an honest look at Dunleavy and sit him on the bench. Monty and now Nelson could not do this. Both have had to toe the Dunleavy line and give him minutes.

Dunleavy's best chance to succeed is to run the offense from the point power forward position. Other than that, it is hard to see where Dunleavy has a chance to do well.

...sigh...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:10 pm
uptempo wrote:
John Patrick wrote:Dunleavy: 5-19 from the field, 1-6 threes. BRILLIANT. How do you like Mike now?

It was a mistake to draft him with the #3 pick. It was a bigger mistake to re-sign him for the big dollar contract. It was a huge mistake to pick Dunleavy over Jameson. Mullin is responsible for much of this mess. That being said, no one is going to trade anything of value for Dunleavy (Foyle or Murphy, too), for his contract is way out of line for what he is worth. With that being said, only Eric Musselman was willing to take an honest look at Dunleavy and sit him on the bench. Monty and now Nelson could not do this. Both have had to toe the Dunleavy line and give him minutes.

Dunleavy's best chance to succeed is to run the offense from the point power forward position. Other than that, it is hard to see where Dunleavy has a chance to do well.

...sigh...

have to dissent here, Uptempo. Dung has neither the bulk, handles nor down low finish, nor even the outside Dirk style shot to be a power forward.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:46 pm
I think Baron was 3-13; 1-5 on 3s; with 8 points:

So dont start blaming one player ( a non-starter) for that lousy performance in Sac.

I wouldnt care if they traded Dunleavy tomorrow if it helped improve the team. Im a Warriors fan not a Milke fan.

I was only pointing out an inequality in the distribution of blame when things go bad for the Warriors.

Trolloc

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:08 pm
Trolloc wrote:...I was only pointing out an inequality in the distribution of blame when things go bad for the Warriors.

Trolloc

You might be right on this point; however, Dunleavy is a lightening rod when it comes to poor Warrior performances. With being a #3 pick and having the huge contract, fans expect Dunleavy to step up his marginal game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:28 pm

I don't, he might not even be good enough as food for the dogs!

This is actually a consistent performance by the loser!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:10 am
migya wrote:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think it's pretty clear by now that Dunleavy is more than a lousy player. He's also the scapegoat for the whole team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:50 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

I think it's pretty clear by now that Dunleavy is more than a lousy player. He's also the scapegoat for the whole team.

You mean GOAT of the team! The performace he gave last game can't be defended but can be said to be much like most of his performances :oops:

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:48 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

Yes, that is the problem: The King's game on consistent with Dunleavy's career performance, and a good game is the exception.

If Dunleavy can put up good numbers on an inconsistent basis, would it not be correct to believe that he has the talent to do this on a regular basis? It is very frustrating to watch him play. It is even more frustrating to watch Dunleavy play and then watch ESPN highlights or read box scores in the paper where Jameson, Stoudemire, Prince, and Butler's numbers are posted.

At this point in his career, fans would be happy if Dunleavy could become an Aaron McKie type of player...consistent and complimentary. It is actually quite sad to watch Dunleavy play. He looks like he would rather be sitting around the coffee table with his friends smoking whatever, watching MTV, and playing video games than battling against NBA players.

You mean GOAT of the team! The performace he gave last game can't be defended but can be said to be much like most of his performances :oops:

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:02 am
coltraning wrote:
uptempo wrote:

...sigh...

have to dissent here, Uptempo. Dung has neither the bulk, handles nor down low finish, nor even the outside Dirk style shot to be a power forward.

I don't like it when he is on the point, either as a foreward or guard. He takes 5 minutes to bring the ball up, surveys the court for another 3 and then passes to the nearest player who is open and sometimes to those that aren't.

He does very well when the game is flowing and he has limited minutes and responsibilities. That's when he gets those nice assists, loose balls, long rebounds and makes his shots.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:57 am
Trolloc wrote:I think Baron was 3-13; 1-5 on 3s; with 8 points:

So dont start blaming one player ( a non-starter) for that lousy performance in Sac.

the difference is that it is unusual for Baron to have that kind of game, whereas it is the norm for Dung

ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:02 am
A trend I've noticed: when Dunleavy has a shitty game, Dun fans point to other people and blame them. They say "yeah, but why isn't "X" (mostly Baron, all Dun fans hate Baron) getting the blame".

Hey bud. We're not talking about Baron. We're talking about Dunleavy. He put in a shitty game. Period.

Every time Baron has a good game (and he has a heck of a lot more than Dunny-Dun), does the "Warriors Basketball" section start sprucing with "Baron love vibe" or "How do you like him now?" threads? NO. That's cause Baron consistently has good games. Yes, we know he had an off-night in Sacto. But Dunleavy always has an off-night, and that's why Dun fans try to blame other teammates.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:30 am
John Patrick wrote:A trend I've noticed: when Dunleavy has a shitty game, Dun fans point to other people and blame them. They say "yeah, but why isn't "X" (mostly Baron, all Dun fans hate Baron) getting the blame".

Hey bud. We're not talking about Baron. We're talking about Dunleavy. He put in a shitty game. Period.

Every time Baron has a good game (and he has a heck of a lot more than Dunny-Dun), does the "Warriors Basketball" section start sprucing with "Baron love vibe" or "How do you like him now?" threads? NO. That's cause Baron consistently has good games. Yes, we know he had an off-night in Sacto. But Dunleavy always has an off-night, and that's why Dun fans try to blame other teammates.

what he said :D

ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:38 pm
Look: Dunleavy is worth maybe two mil a year as a 20 minute a game bench player. Problem is he's getting 9 a year and way more time than he deserves. And, honestly, every time I'm at a game I can literally FEEL the energy in the arena die out when Mike's subbed in. Fair or unfair, it's true. He's a buzzkill, plain and simple.

Blame Mullin for drafting him; Blame Mullin for overpaying him; but blame Dunleavy for playing passionless, mediocre ball.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball