All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:35 pm
He's gone. See ya next year.

(Read it in the Chronicle.)
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:46 pm
good. he isn't ready for the NBA yet. still, that sucks for a ninth pick. my guess is that it was just a project pick that was like, "maybe he'll pan out, if not we don't have to waste money on resigning him since we need all the cash we can get to sign out other guys"
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:47 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:good. he isn't ready for the NBA yet. still, that sucks for a ninth pick. my guess is that it was just a project pick that was like, "maybe he'll pan out, if not we don't have to waste money on resigning him since we need all the cash we can get to sign out other guys"

Well it wasn't a great pick but we have some nice pieces, some might consider it enough. Maybe a good backup PG.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:59 pm
I did get to see POB in last year's NCAA tournament. Does anyone here see him becoming a good NBA player? He looks athletic and like he can run the floor. If he has upside, should he not be with the Warriors fighting for playing time? I do not see Foyle having any upside.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:14 pm
makes sense since he was not ready for prime time - hope he gets some skills together down there, because he has promise
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:25 pm
coltraning wrote:makes sense since he was not ready for prime time - hope he gets some skills together down there, because he has promise

Sorry to disagree with you col, but the only promide POB has is to be another Warrior draft stiff. This guy is weak, awkward, and clumsy. I'm sure he is a nice guy. He looks like one of those guys who play basketball because he is tall. If he had any promise at all he would have shown something in the limited minutes that he got. I never saw POB get a foul on an aggresive shot atempt. I never saw him try to dunk over someone. I never saw him get a goaltending call against him. his attitude is too layed back. like an unskilled Joe Barry Carroll.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:21 pm
So...... who's the Warriors going to sign for some injury insurance? With POB gone to the development league, Jrich, Monta, Roberson, and Caparkapa(not that he matters) out, this team has been battered and beaten.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:29 pm
i saw him at the NCAA Regionals. He played pretty good I thought he was grabbing boards like crazy. But you can see that he needed some more work to become a good player in the NBA. But maybe going to the D-League will be good for him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:19 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:
coltraning wrote:makes sense since he was not ready for prime time - hope he gets some skills together down there, because he has promise

Sorry to disagree with you col, but the only promide POB has is to be another Warrior draft stiff. This guy is weak, awkward, and clumsy. I'm sure he is a nice guy. He looks like one of those guys who play basketball because he is tall. If he had any promise at all he would have shown something in the limited minutes that he got. I never saw POB get a foul on an aggresive shot atempt. I never saw him try to dunk over someone. I never saw him get a goaltending call against him. his attitude is too layed back. like an unskilled Joe Barry Carroll.

I agree with Reggie here. POB looks like a slacker. I'm sure he COULD be a good player (and much more, given how bad the center position is nowadays), but I don't think he has the right attitude to do so. He lacks that killer instinct, that nastiness.

He can be a 12 and 6 guy in this league once he's fully developed, but I don't foresee any more than that.

Just my 2 cents...

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:So...... who's the Warriors going to sign for some injury insurance? With POB gone to the development league, Jrich, Monta, Roberson, and Caparkapa(not that he matters) out, this team has been battered and beaten.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think players can be recalled at any time from the development league. We'll probably sign a SG to a 10 year contract with Monta and J-Rich out, but that's all.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:57 am
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:So...... who's the Warriors going to sign for some injury insurance? With POB gone to the development league, Jrich, Monta, Roberson, and Caparkapa(not that he matters) out, this team has been battered and beaten.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think players can be recalled at any time from the development league. We'll probably sign a SG to a 10 year contract with Monta and J-Rich out, but that's all.

Yes, they can. That Bynum kid was recalled last year.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:36 am
TMC wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:
coltraning wrote:...his attitude is too layed back. like an unskilled Joe Barry Carroll.

I agree with Reggie here. POB looks like a slacker. I'm sure he COULD be a good player (and much more, given how bad the center position is nowadays), but I don't think he has the right attitude to do so. He lacks that killer instinct, that nastiness...Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think players can be recalled at any time from the development league. We'll probably sign a SG to a 10 year contract with Monta and J-Rich out, but that's all.

He was described by some draft analysts before the draft as a "poor man's Michael Olowokandi."

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:32 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:

Ouch. If one was really mean, he could be compared to Todd Fuller.

I wanted to see POB do something interesting out there, but he never did.

To be sent down when the team needs bodies is not encouraging.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:04 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:

you may be right, he certainly didn't catch my eye in the few minutes he had unlike Ike last year or Monta. Still, I guess some folks liked what they saw in the summer league (32, I think) and Nelson was high on him. I just think bigs develop more slowly in general, and he is still only what? 21? I am also guessing that Nelson has come to terms with Foyle as a backup center, so that is another reason for the demotion of POB>
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:34 pm
Big men are projects, 9 times out of 10. O'Bryant will come back next year with more skills... but probably won't reach his full potential until his 3rd or 4th year.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:36 pm
#32 wrote:Big men are projects, 9 times out of 10. O'Bryant will come back next year with more skills... but probably won't reach his full potential until his 3rd or 4th year in the NBDL

Fixed that for you, buddy. :thumbup:
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball