I Love Monta

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:45 am
uptempo wrote:Both Monte and Biedrens are the building blocks of the future for this Golden State team. It also looks like we have found our other front court player in Matt Barnes.

Don't count on Barnes coming back next year. The way he's playing, someone will give him the mid-level exception, and we won't do that having to re-sign the youn guns.

uptempo wrote:The Western Conference is very competitve and just loaded with talent. If this team were and Eastern Conference team, it could compete with the whole conference except for Miami, Detroit, and possibly Chicago/New Jersey.

Yeah. I'd also rate Milwaukee and Washington as better... but their awful coaches put them on par with us. In any case, we'd be a playoff team for sure.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:09 am
I've hardly been a Mullin nor Nelson fans; however, I have always given Mullin the proper respect when it comes to his drafting skills. With Biedrens and Ellis (and hopefully Diogu), the pieces are here to build a solid team. With Davis, Richardson, Pietrus, and Barnes, the team has a nice seven person rotation.

Your comment about Barnes is quite depressing, although understandable.

Do you see the team being able (or even wanting to) re-signing Pietrus to a contract extension? He and Monte are (in my opinion) the two players who can play perimeter defense on this team (Biedrens plays really good interior defense).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:35 am
uptempo wrote:Do you see the team being able (or even wanting to) re-signing Pietrus to a contract extension? He and Monte are (in my opinion) the two players who can play perimeter defense on this team (Biedrens plays really good interior defense).

Able?. Sure... Will do it?. I don't know. Guess it depends on how MP is going to ask for and if we're able to move some contracts during the season (Murphy...)

btw, it's true that those two, with Barnes, are the only players that defend a bit on the perimeter. It would be a big problem losing them all, but I don't think will happen. Not with Monta, at least. I've got my doubts with the others.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball