Should Jason Richardson Pack It In For The Season?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:21 pm
I think Richadson should pack it n the season. he has no explosion or quickness off of that repaired knee. Jason whole game is revolves around his uncanny athletic ability. I know he wants to help the team make it to the playoffs but he is actually hurting the team by playing. i love JRich, but he is hurting the team by coming back at about 70%.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:37 pm
I agree with you Reginald!!! There are other players on this team that makeup for J-Rich!!! And J-Rich is not ever going to have big years like his former years!!! He is definitely struggling in this system even if he were healthy...it would be hard!!!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:51 pm
Doesnt matter what you guys think.... It appears that J Rich has broken his hand... Matt Steinment sent me a txt msg... HAHAHA and he said he is done for the season
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:24 am
~W~ wrote:Doesnt matter what you guys think.... It appears that J Rich has broken his hand... Matt Steinment sent me a txt msg... HAHAHA and he said he is done for the season

Well that's just awful for him! Maybe it is better for him to take off 4 to 6 weeks and then come back healthy

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:39 am
J-Rich wrote:I agree with you Reginald!!! There are other players on this team that makeup for J-Rich!!! And J-Rich is not ever going to have big years like his former years!!! He is definitely struggling in this system even if he were healthy...it would be hard!!!

Whats your reasoning saying J-rich will never have big years like the last few years again? the guy hasnt even hit his prime for christ sakes! I dont think this knee think is going to hamper him his whole career. He might not get back to full health this year but I would be very surpised if he didnt return to form in years to come.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:22 am
J-Rich the perpetrating impersonator said the same thing about Stoudamire :roll:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:44 am
migya wrote:
~W~ wrote:Doesnt matter what you guys think.... It appears that J Rich has broken his hand... Matt Steinment sent me a txt msg... HAHAHA and he said he is done for the season

Well that's just awful for him!

For him?. And what about me?. That f*cker just ruined my fantasy team!!! :mrgreen:

No, really, he should take his time to recover and not be back til he's at 100%. Having him hobbling up and down the court won't do any good to the team or even himself.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:51 am
Well, so far, it has been estimated to 6-8 weeks. But Jason has endured a harsh season due to the injuries. If he does pack it in for the season, it would take a big hit to the Warriors. We're already down on bodies. Our depth in the guards are declining with only Baron and McLeod healthy. Monta and Roberson are out, and you can count Pietrus as a SG, but I don't think our lineup would work out well like that. Because then it'd be...

Biedrins, Murphy, Barnes, Pietrus, Baron

Murph hasn't flourished in Nellie's system and he has really done nothing as a starter. Time to bring Wagner or Brown back!!! Okay, I was kidding, but just remember that guard position is real fragile right now with the amount of depth left.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:12 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Time to bring Wagner or Brown back!!! Okay, I was kidding, but just remember that guard position is real fragile right now with the amount of depth left.

Yeah, kidding but we'll probably have to sign somebody with Monta and J-Rich out. At least til Monta comes back.

Andre Owens comes to mind, as he already knows the system and played decent for Utah. Brown's already playing for the Hornets and Wagner... well, if we had to cut him after signing him to a two year contract, I don't think he's healthy enough to play.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:31 am
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Time to bring Wagner or Brown back!!! Okay, I was kidding, but just remember that guard position is real fragile right now with the amount of depth left.

Yeah, kidding but we'll probably have to sign somebody with Monta and J-Rich out. At least til Monta comes back.

Andre Owens comes to mind, as he already knows the system and played decent for Utah. Brown's already playing for the Hornets and Wagner... well, if we had to cut him after signing him to a two year contract, I don't think he's healthy enough to play.

Yeah, they could just sign Owens for insurance. Of course, he's not guarenteed to play even with the bodies left but you never know what you could get from a player. Could be one of those suprise talents so hey, worth it ain't it? Someone's going to get signed though whether he's from the NBADL or not. I doubt they can survive with those many guards at a time.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:20 am
Jason Richardson is my favorite player on this Golden State Warrior team. His game has improved consistently since his rookie year. If he needs 4-6 weeks to recover from the broken hand and can come back to play, then that is great. If he needs a whole season to get healthy, then that is OK too.

This team is going to be fine at shooting guard. Nelson may decide to put Dunleavy or Pietrus at the 2 spot, the other player (Dunleavy or Pietrus at the three, and Barnes at the 4. Nelson may also decide to leave the lineup as it is and put Dunleavy at the 2 or Nelson may change things up and play Ike at the 4, Pietrus at the 3 and Barnes at the 2 with Dunleavy spelling Ike.

The 2 and 3 spots are interchangeable (as is the 4) on a Don Nelson team. If this injury were to happen to Baron Davis, then I would be seriously worried, although Robertson can develop into a "nice" backup point guard and Monte when he returns from injury will be able to also run the offense.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:16 am
The team has stayed afloat so far with the horror run of injuries and if Pietrus can do well at SG and either Murphy plays like he did the last two seasons or Diogu is finally given more court time and keeps playing the way he has, the team will continue to be decent.

It is unbelievable the injuries that have happened!

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:02 pm
One of the biggest problems with the Warriors is the best players are injury prone (Baron, J-Rich, Pietrus, Ike and Monta). all these guys have missed a lot of time in the last two seasons. For some reason, the Mike Dunleavys never get hurt. I wonder why?
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:33 pm
He's not hurting the team. I'd rather have a 70-80% J-Rich in there than Dunleavy, McLeod, or whoever. Still, it may be smart to pack it in for the season.
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:27 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:One of the biggest problems with the Warriors is the best players are injury prone (Baron, J-Rich, Pietrus, Ike and Monta). all these guys have missed a lot of time in the last two seasons. For some reason, the Mike Dunleavys never get hurt. I wonder why?

From what I remember, Monta Eliis wasn't considered one of the better players last year, and anyone who took a fall like he did shouldn't be labeled as, "injury prone". Instead, Monta just got, "injured".
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball