Game Thread: Boston Celtics @ Warriors 2006-12-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors sweep the season series against the Celtics?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:14 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 15

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:22 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Diogu getting only 4 minutes is strange and it really does look like Nelson does not like him at all

Atcually, it's pretty easy to understand. He's in Nellie's doghouse right now... as to why, only Nellie knows. But this will keep happening until Ike figures a way to get out of it.

About the game, it was a good win. The team is back over .500, so I hope they can use it to build some momentum.

If the team were to lose 4 straight or something like that, Nelson would have to play Diogu more

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:34 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Diogu getting only 4 minutes is strange and it really does look like Nelson does not like him at all

Atcually, it's pretty easy to understand. He's in Nellie's doghouse right now... as to why, only Nellie knows. But this will keep happening until Ike figures a way to get out of it.

We all know he's in the doghouse...but I think the question is why? He continues to do well in the few minutes he gets...I think Nelson has always had a pattern of playing favorites and getting irrational hard-ons - look at Sarunas...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:41 am
coltraning wrote: We all know he's in the doghouse...but I think the question is why? He continues to do well in the few minutes he gets...I think Nelson has always had a pattern of playing favorites and getting irrational hard-ons - look at Sarunas...

Probably because he can't run all that well. Or at least hasn't showed that... Also, Nellie surely has a hard on with Barnes play at PF (he came from nowhere, so Nellie must have some merit too). Just guessing.

Only Nellie knows the real reasons, but the undeniable fact is that he produces whenever he plays. And still gets no time (or close to no time). Puzzling, to say the least.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:01 pm
Great game by the Warriors.

They built up a lead early and this time, they didn't just hang on to it, they did well to play their game in the end and did not lose face.

The only thing I didn't understand was, the cheering was louder for Leon Powe than it was for the home team. Le-on Powe, Le-on Powe!
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:08 pm
tkono wrote:The only thing I didn't understand was, the cheering was louder for Leon Powe than it was for the home team. Le-on Powe, Le-on Powe!

::lol:

Way to remind the front office that it's a good move to pick local hero's with second rounders.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:40 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote: We all know he's in the doghouse...but I think the question is why? He continues to do well in the few minutes he gets...I think Nelson has always had a pattern of playing favorites and getting irrational hard-ons - look at Sarunas...

Probably because he can't run all that well. Or at least hasn't showed that... Also, Nellie surely has a hard on with Barnes play at PF (he came from nowhere, so Nellie must have some merit too). Just guessing.

Only Nellie knows the real reasons, but the undeniable fact is that he produces whenever he plays. And still gets no time (or close to no time). Puzzling, to say the least.

it just seems like a slo-motion train wreck...once again we may watch a talented W move on to star somewhere else, and if I were Ike, I would be starting to develop a fairly full and justifiable bag of resentment at how first Monty and now Nelson treat him.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:53 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:May not be a thrilling one but they got the W regardless. The Warriors are fantastic at home.

Nasty wins like this one give me hope. Even the worst teams have great nights where every 3 falls and every rebound is a long one.

Those wins, in the words of a '70s comic strip guru, "don't mean sheeet".

He said that in response to every question about heavy stuff.
Previous

Return to Game Threads