1994 Joventut Badalona x Golden state Warriors - in Spain

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:41 am
Location: santa cruz-Portugal
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:48 am
Joventut Badalona x Golden state Warriors

Q1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn_7YbrOzQc

Q2 - part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsHl1Nh780I

Q2 - part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiaCPwOV4Bg

Q3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hJjHXbSCaOc

Q4- coming soon..
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:22 am
I remember watching this game on TV... and these vids work as a reminder of how much I hate(d) Billy Owens. :banghead:
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:41 am
Location: santa cruz-Portugal
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:07 pm
he had skills, but was such a lazy bast@rd :(

BTW, here is the 4th
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_urLIbcOGw
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:26 pm
That Warriors team was one of the most talented I've ever seen! Hardaway, Sprewell, Mullin, Owens, Webber (though he didn't play in this game), Pierce and Gatling. The team just didn't play any defense and never reached their full potential (mostly because they didn't stay together more than a year).

Owens was a talented player but never reached his potential. He averaged decent scoring (15ppg) and rebounded well (8rpg) for a coule of years at the start of his career and then faded into obcsurity
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:41 am
Location: santa cruz-Portugal
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:03 am
mullin hardly played that season, webber was traded to washington for Googs who was then traded for the rookie Donyel marshal who never fit in.

Owens was traded for seikaly who was never taken full advantage.

I still think nellie is a FULL IDIOT
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:08 am
migya wrote:Owens was a talented player but never reached his potential. He averaged decent scoring (15ppg) and rebounded well (8rpg) for a coule of years at the start of his career and then faded into obcsurity


Yeah. The problem is that we traded Richmond for him... he's the Mike Dunleavy of his era, but worse. At least Dunleavy didn't cost us anything.
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:41 am
Location: santa cruz-Portugal
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:10 am
i think richmond was expendable with the emergernce of Sarunas, but Owens was not the answer. A center would have been quite better.

In 1992 Alton lister played in the playoffs...Kemp dunked in his face..
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:33 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Owens was a talented player but never reached his potential. He averaged decent scoring (15ppg) and rebounded well (8rpg) for a coule of years at the start of his career and then faded into obcsurity


Yeah. The problem is that we traded Richmond for him... he's the Mike Dunleavy of his era, but worse. At least Dunleavy didn't cost us anything.



Well dun is costing 8.9 million a year :wink:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:35 am
carloslisboa wrote:i think richmond was expendable with the emergernce of Sarunas, but Owens was not the answer. A center would have been quite better.

In 1992 Alton lister played in the playoffs...Kemp dunked in his face..



There was no real good Center prospect available in that draft (1991) except Mutombo (Longley never was great, especially in the TWolves), so Owens was as good as it got.

It is true that Richmond was somewhat expendable because of Marcilionis but it was the injuries (to Sarunas and Owens) over the first three seasons (the only ones Owens played for the team) that really killed the team
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:38 am
Still was the first of a long list of dumb trades the team did during that era. In fact, I don't think we did a smart trade til we traded for Baron.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:50 am
TMC wrote:Still was the first of a long list of dumb trades the team did during that era. In fact, I don't think we did a smart trade til we traded for Baron.



The trade that got rid of Starks and got Larry Hughes was a good one but Hughes was let go pretty soon because of the presence of JRich. That was pretty stupid because the team could have traded him for something good
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:51 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:Still was the first of a long list of dumb trades the team did during that era. In fact, I don't think we did a smart trade til we traded for Baron.



The trade that got rid of Starks and got Larry Hughes was a good one but Hughes was let go pretty soon because of the presence of JRich. That was pretty stupid because the team could have traded him for something good


Well, yeah. I forgot about that one. You win this time. :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:01 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:Still was the first of a long list of dumb trades the team did during that era. In fact, I don't think we did a smart trade til we traded for Baron.



The trade that got rid of Starks and got Larry Hughes was a good one but Hughes was let go pretty soon because of the presence of JRich. That was pretty stupid because the team could have traded him for something good


Well, yeah. I forgot about that one. You win this time. :wink:



We can't forget Hardaway and Gatling for Bimbo and Willis........... Willis played a total of about half a season and left :oops:

St. Jock should have been shot for such garbage for all those years! Him and Twarzdick!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:41 am
Location: santa cruz-Portugal
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:52 am
and willis played well for th rockets, AFTER he left GSW

All Star
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:56 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:24 am
carloslisboa wrote:and willis played well for th rockets, AFTER he left GSW


Here's one for the stats people: did any player ever do worse when they were traded away from the Ws?
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron