Game Thread: Boston Celtics @ Warriors 2006-12-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors sweep the season series against the Celtics?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:14 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 15

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:09 pm
warriors win by 14. barnes scores 30.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:09 pm
Yes to the first... but the second is unlikely. Barnes JUST blew up on the Sixers. I dunno if he'll do the same to Boston. I'm looking for Baron Davis to be the top player in this game against Bassy's non-existent defense.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:29 pm
warriors should win this one

warriors by 16 BD get a double double
This is the year
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:41 pm
#32 wrote:Yes to the first... but the second is unlikely. Barnes JUST blew up on the Sixers. I dunno if he'll do the same to Boston. I'm looking for Baron Davis to be the top player in this game against Bassy's non-existent defense.

Yeah. He wanted to show off and prove the Sixers made a huge mistake in not playing him. But I doubt he'll do it again with Boston. He only sparks up like that every now and then.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:26 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Yeah. He wanted to show off and prove the Sixers made a huge mistake in not playing him. But I doubt he'll do it again with Boston. He only sparks up like that every now and then.

Yep. He didn't even play for the Celtics. Was sent there as filler and cut right away.

But I can't wait til he plays against the Knicks...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:35 pm
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Yeah. He wanted to show off and prove the Sixers made a huge mistake in not playing him. But I doubt he'll do it again with Boston. He only sparks up like that every now and then.

Yep. He didn't even play for the Celtics. Was sent there as filler and cut right away.

But I can't wait til he plays against the Knicks...

Yeah, especially at the Garden. BTW, lets see.... he's got the Knicks twice, the Kings twice, and the Sixers once more to show off.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:50 pm
Must win, will win. By, say, 15. Or 90. Either one.
Should win their next few games, lookin at the schedule, honestly. @ Sacto, @ New Orleans (with about 50% of their team injured), then @ Memphis, who, last I checked sucked horrifically, then home vs. Seattle. Need to win 4 of these, I think. Tonight, NO, Seattle, & Memphis should be locks.

Of course, these are the Warriors.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:59 pm
Birdmonster wrote:Must win, will win. By, say, 15. Or 90. Either one.
Should win their next few games, lookin at the schedule, honestly. @ Sacto, @ New Orleans (with about 50% of their team injured), then @ Memphis, who, last I checked sucked horrifically, then home vs. Seattle. Need to win 4 of these, I think. Tonight, NO, Seattle, & Memphis should be locks.

Of course, these are the Warriors.

Good point and they are al more than winnable, they should be wins. If so, the team will be some 4 games over 50% and looking great!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:30 pm
I hope JRich can get it going. Hes not playing with that smooth confidence he had before the surgery.

Hes not getting passes on the cuts to the basket and seems like hes trying to back it in to much.

Cant wait to see him go for 30 one of these nights.

Trolloc
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:17 pm
At the end of the 3rd, this game is looking real sloppy. Jeez guys, home game against the Pierce-less Celts? No good.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:11 am
didn't see the game, but a nice, convincing win on paper - Dung shot 1-8, but dished 8 dimes so that is cool. Baron, Pietrus and Andris all strong. Only thing...Someone please explain to me Nelson's hard-on for Ike. Dude gets 13 points in 17 minutes with zero turnovers previous game and is rewarded with 4 minutes??? 4 - please don't recycle he doesn't know the offense, plays bad defense, etc...4 minutes? you can't tell sh*t in 4 minutes. Did he get hurt? Otherwise, this is just starting to smell like Nelson being a dick...otherwise, glad they are winning what they should win.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:58 am
Ok win but still no IKE! Only 4 minutes what the hell? I dont get it the guy is instant offense. If we were losing more games I would really be angry but you cant really argue with the results right now. If murphy gets minutes why cant Ike i just dont get it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:58 am
Not a thrashing but a win so well done. Pietrus looking good and Baron showing that he is a serious allstar contender! Biedrins himself is a worthy allstar contender at Center and he performed well today (though no chance of being allstar).

Diogu getting only 4 minutes is strange and it really does look like Nelson does not like him at all

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:37 am
May not be a thrilling one but they got the W regardless. The Warriors are fantastic at home.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:05 am
migya wrote:Diogu getting only 4 minutes is strange and it really does look like Nelson does not like him at all

Atcually, it's pretty easy to understand. He's in Nellie's doghouse right now... as to why, only Nellie knows. But this will keep happening until Ike figures a way to get out of it.

About the game, it was a good win. The team is back over .500, so I hope they can use it to build some momentum.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads