Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:24 pm
The same was said about Bedrins, now look :-$
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:52 pm
O.G. broe wrote:The same was said about Bedrins, now look :-$

I don't recall people saying that Biedrens was a bust like I am seeing people post on POB.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:39 pm
Were you on the board Bedrins first year :?:
I thought 7'5 Pavel was the way to go :roll: <----Giving myself attitude :mrgreen:
I watched the Draft at Wille Mccoveys Restraunt in Concord, Nice Spot.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:38 pm
cladden wrote:Yeah. All of them. Both Philly and ... That awesome supporting cast that he took to the finals back in 2000/2001 would have totally won the title with just about any other player than AI. Give me a break. No other player this side of Jordan (maybe not even him) would have taken a single game from the Lakers in that series with that shitty ass excuse for a supporting cast, let alone making it to the finals. Iversen is a great player that has achieved a lot in the NBA. Not sure if putting him and Melo on the same team will spell success but it just might.

:D

Beautifully said!

Allen Iverson continues to be knocked by alot of people while those same people give credit to Kobe, who is no more than a wanna be Iverson just 7 inches taller! and not capable of pulling off what he did that year with that garbage team he had!

Iverson is just a bit of a question mark with how he wil play on another team and so far in the Nugs he has been great! When the suspended guys come back, it will be interesting to see what happens but talentwise, the Nuggets could be championship caliber

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:27 am
migya wrote:
cladden wrote:Yeah. All of them. Both Philly and ... That awesome supporting cast that he took to the finals back in 2000/2001 would have totally won the title with just about any other player than AI. Give me a break. No other player this side of Jordan (maybe not even him) would have taken a single game from the Lakers in that series with that shitty ass excuse for a supporting cast, let alone making it to the finals. Iversen is a great player that has achieved a lot in the NBA. Not sure if putting him and Melo on the same team will spell success but it just might.

Beautifully said!

Allen Iverson continues to be knocked by alot of people while those same people give credit to Kobe, who is no more than a wanna be Iverson just 7 inches taller! and not capable of pulling off what he did that year with that garbage team he had!

Iverson is just a bit of a question mark with how he wil play on another team and so far in the Nugs he has been great! When the suspended guys come back, it will be interesting to see what happens but talentwise, the Nuggets could be championship caliber

I agree with your point, but calling Kobe a wannabe-Iverson is not reality. Kobe has rings, too. Yeah, Iverson didn't have Shaq but still, we don't know Iverson would have won a ring if he were on the Lakers that year.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:43 am
John Patrick wrote:
migya wrote:

Beautifully said!

I agree with your point, but calling Kobe a wannabe-Iverson is not reality. Kobe has rings, too. Yeah, Iverson didn't have Shaq but still, we don't know Iverson would have won a ring if he were on the Lakers that year.

Are you kidding JPat! The Lakers would have been better with Iverson instead of Kobe in the championship years! Kobe has only reached the highest level in the last three years, Iverson has been there for the last 8 at least!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:00 am
I remember that during the lakers' first championship kobe was thought of as an inferior player to reggie miller

The next season AI was the MVP of the whole league

And the next AI was still better than kobe

One can argue that kobe has now attained AI level but he wasn't during the three peat. AI would have won (at least) three rings with shaq without a doubt

Not to mention that the more perimeter oriented and small AI (Kobe was much more of a slasher in those days) would have opened shaq up better.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:14 am
Those Lakers teams were so reliant on Shaq! He got all three finals MVPs for a reason, everything revolved around him

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:06 am
migya wrote:Those Lakers teams were so reliant on Shaq! He got all three finals MVPs for a reason, everything revolved around him

Yeah, you just have to look at the current Lakers. Are they closer to a ring now or with Shaq?. The better Kobe's numbers are, the more he hurts his team.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:48 pm
wow a little early for draft talk considering we have no idea what draft pick we will receive. but we dont need another player with "potential". We need a player who we know is going to be good. For instance brandon roy from this years draft, he is doing great with portland. so your pretty much an idiot

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:20 pm
O.G. broe wrote:Were you on the board Bedrins first year :?:
I thought 7'5 Pavel was the way to go :roll: <----Giving myself attitude :mrgreen:

Pavel, the 21st century version of Shawn Bradley? Ouch.

Willie McCovey's; I've only been to the one in Walnut Creek. I did not know that there was one in Concord, too.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:47 am
POB would be a good player if he had that mean streak to him!!! I remember a article on Biedrins a few days before the draft and they were noting his post play, quickness and his lean body mass!!!

They said the same thing for Joe Smith when the W's drafted him. Just wait a few years and let him have a couple of his mom's home cooking and he'll be ok!!! Just by watching him a few days ago he doesn't look that much bigger at all!!!

Some players were just meant to have lean physiques and that will include AB!!! That's why we need Ike in there to have AB out!!! Murphy was able to get alot of rebs because he only had to worry about grabbing loose balls in the paint and not in the perimeter!!! The man is too slow and that's why he had probs with his Achillles...Reason being he runs flat footer and it puts more pressure on his back part of the foot rather than the ball of he foot!!! I know this becasue I used to run track and basketball when I played for my school...

Murphy will have constant foot probs because of this!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:07 pm
uptempo wrote:
O.G. broe wrote:Were you on the board Bedrins first year :?:

Pavel, the 21st century version of Shawn Bradley? Ouch.

Willie McCovey's; I've only been to the one in Walnut Creek. I did not know that there was one in Concord, too.

yeah, I remember the hype on Pavel. If you are 7' 5 and 300 lbs and you can't get any playing time, you must TRULY suck...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:52 pm
coltraning wrote:yeah, I remember the hype on Pavel. If you are 7' 5 and 300 lbs and you can't get any playing time, you must TRULY suck...

Hey, there are worse examples. Tskitissfhaklfjsdovili was drafted #7 overall averaging less than 2 minutes per game in Europe. At least Pavel wasn't a top 10 pick.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:56 pm
well seen on Pavel and POB, but with the emergence of Biedrins we might not need them for a long time....
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball