Who really cares about sicko tomahawks?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:43 am
Prejudice
it clearly exposes SoCoolBob as the moderator's pet

TMC wrote:Yeah... sort of. :mrgreen:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Pkc7f7cmQY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="340" height="280"></embed>
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Shoot Hoops Not Troops !!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:02 pm
That clip was from early in the 1992/93 season!

Bob, this is looking like you're trying to incite another spat! Not needed!

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:35 pm
I was hoping that :mrgreen: was going to expose the fact that
I'm really just trying to be incredibly funny.

I guess I'm now hoping that trying to be funny won't be the latest
reason to jump on SoCô¿ôL Bob. But ... it's OK. If one thinks that
jumping on SoCô¿ôL Bob is going to do someone some good, then jump away.

Bob ...

1) Please don't try to entertain us
2) Please don't try to help educate us
3) Please don't try to tell us how to shoot free throws
4) Please don't ...

If "we" lose our sense of humor ... then we've really lost
something EXTREMELY VALUABLE !!!

Bob

Please try not to "blame" it on me ...

Aw ... nevermind.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:32 am
just a reminder that the original post was this and is looking funnier by the minute
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:EMail to GSWarriors ...

January 12th, 2007, Shaquille O'Neal and the Miami Heat visit the Golden State Warriors. I think this should be the beginning, continuing, of an annual opportunity to celebrate the cool factor of and the accomplishment of hitting a high percentage of one's dunks ... and making them look snazzy.

Int'L Who Can Jump the Highest Based on Their Natural Ability Day At The GS Warriors
Have a Good Contest ... what the heck ... Make Em Count !!!

Please ... :D

LET THE THREAD BEGIN

In ALL the THINGS that each of us does well ... there are LITTLE THINGS
that make ALL THE DIFFERENCE.

Little things like going 360º, getting fouled, AND ONE, going to the free throw line and missing free throws because you're so pumped. What the Warriors need to win more games is more guys who feel the need to risk injury and extreme humilitation by going for unlikely dunks

And Good Animations!

Back to the original posting ...

Dunk mania is spreading on the I HATE FUNDAMENTALS Web Board, The Miami Heat Web Board, The poker web board, the religion web board, the croquet web board, the spammers delight web board, the San Jose Mercury News Web Board, the Al Jazeera web board, the I beat you all at basketball web board, and here on the Golden State Web Board.

It has a simple point.

There's this "skill" in basketball called the "Dunk."
One could even call it a "skill that pay the bills" as the homies with their bling bling and their color televisions and their pokemon toasters and their david cross say these days.
It is entirely possible that a number of basketball practitioners, including current and future NBA players, could improve their ability to HAMMER JAM ... if they considered and then logically followed the conclusions that might be drawn from analyzing this skill....... and then cast them to the four winds and did their own thing

This Random player from UNC is the number one example at lack of success at this shot
Did you know Chris "the birdman" Anderson of the World Champion Atlanta Hawks (they were champs once.....) is apparently worse than him?

Thus, flizash the super dope beatxx jammer 2093 has at designated January 12th {Miami Heat v. Golden State Warriors} as The First Annual Let's All posterize a fool day .. when fans of all athletic shapes and tall sizes gather together, in thought at least, to consider one of ALL sports potentially most difficult achievements.

This shot should "theoretically" be the HARDEST POSSIBLE thing to achieve in ANY sport. Examined semi-critically, anyone will notice that THE MILLION WAYS of making this shot involve THOUSANDS OF MUSCLES of THE BODY, to be utilized to get from a random spot on the court to a ten foot hoop, with a seven foot tall behemoth guarding the shooter. How's that for an achieveable, unrepeatable athletic accomplishment?

Anyone want to do that ?
Birdman?

What do you think?

Did you know that Mike Dunleavy shoots only 80% on dunks?

If he used tomahawks instead of one handed dunks, like Dr J (the second best dunker of all time) then he would shoot better
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:08 pm
Damn, I can't believe migya turned a harmless, funny, parody post into a multipage spat. I don't see how something can be that misinterpreted. I guess it's just different cultures
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:17 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Damn, I can't believe migya turned a harmless, funny, parody post into a multipage spat. I don't see how something can be that misinterpreted. I guess it's just different cultures

yeah, well...the parody was really funny and harmless and you got a bad rap for it, but such is life...anyway, I've said it before. If Socool annoys or frustrates you, just walk away - no response is the best response. Sometimes almost impossible to do but a worthy goal.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:56 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Damn, I can't believe migya turned a harmless, funny, parody post into a multipage spat. I don't see how something can be that misinterpreted. I guess it's just different cultures

Once again ... occasional wisdom from Pestilence ...

I wonder if he's any good shooting free throws? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:40 pm
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:28 am
coltraning wrote:

yeah, well...the parody was really funny and harmless and you got a bad rap for it, but such is life...anyway, I've said it before. If Socool annoys or frustrates you, just walk away - no response is the best response. Sometimes almost impossible to do but a worthy goal.

I've already said that at the time it looked a plain put down! That's all it seemed

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:53 am
I guess it would be too much to ASK that everybody get along.
That was Rodney King and frankly he didn't seem to be too "bright."

I suppose it would be too obvious to point out that the really righteous
tend to think more about others than they do about themselves. That would be too "utopian."

I'm relatively certain that none among us is perfect ... although I do believe it's better to "shoot" for something positive than it is to "believe" in failure.

I guess that's why I find the most exciting accomplishments in life are achieved when one "recognizes" there are certain things beyond simple "human achievement." The really miraculous things are most often achieved when one recognizes that the only way to achieve them is with help from "The Big Fellow."

I guess true "Warriors" will always have to "guard" against having wrong thoughts, wrong feelings, wrong folks at their "center."

At the start of the 74-75 season, the Warriors underwent numerous roster changes, trading away Nate Thurmond {One of the Top 50 NBA Basketball players of All Time} for Clifford Ray {part of an able supporting cast}, a first round draft pick and $500,000 cash, which was the original motive of the trade. This led some sports writers to not even predict the Warriors to make the playoffs. To this date, this is the only championship ever won by the Warriors in the San Francisco Bay area.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball