Yes
69%
no
31%

Total votes : 13

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:46 pm
#32 wrote:Baron's definately the 2nd best point guard in the game today (besides Nash). But that doesn't make him the most popular... and, unfortunately, the All-Star Game is a popularity contest.

yea, i know what your sayin. T-mac doesnt deserve it more than him or AI considering AI only has played 2 games for the West so far.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:47 pm
Quazza wrote:2 words-Steve Nash

3 words: two starting guards

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:49 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:BD is no way an allstar starter and in my opinion not an allstar for reasons I said in another thread

I'm not hatin', I'm just being a realist

No way baron makes the allstar team.

Kobe and Tmac are probably starting

AI and Nash are probably coming off the bench

Yao and Amare are probably playing center

Dirk, KG, Carmelo, and duncan should get forward spots

That means Baron has to contend with Marion, Boozer, Ginobili, Parker, Randolph, Allen, Brand, and Paul for the final two spots

now I'm not saying all those guys are better than him but do you really think that he'll be one of the best two out of those eight? I doubt it.

IM not saying he is going to make it, im saying he deserves it more than T-mac and AI. AI has only played 2 games so far so he doesnt deserve to start. and t-mac is old and not playin well. DO you research before you make a statement?

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:51 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:I thought that the starting five for the West and East were chosen by fan votes and all the bench players are chosen separately by NBA personnel with some fan influence.

This is true... right? I'm pretty sure the fans do not get all the say for the whole all-star roster, but just the starting five.

thats true. ALl im saying is he deserves to be an all star.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:56 pm
cladden wrote:AI was on the East ballot. Wonder what happens with that. Maybe he'll play for the east.

hes in the west ballot now
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:43 pm
robersonSHOULDstart wrote:
cladden wrote:AI was on the East ballot. Wonder what happens with that. Maybe he'll play for the east.

And his play for the entire season so far, as well as votes he has accumalated so far, count towards him being an allstar for the West!!!!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:37 pm
Baron is playing at an all star level. This is his best year professionally. But overall, like 32 said, the all star game is a popularity contest. You can play your heart out until the polls close and put up the numbers and hell, even win. But in the end, you have lil kids voting for Yao or Kobe or Tmac over and over. Baron's chance is to keep winning and keep the solid play up. And hopefully, the coach of the west takes notice.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:51 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Baron is playing at an all star level. This is his best year professionally. But overall, like 32 said, the all star game is a popularity contest. You can play your heart out until the polls close and put up the numbers and hell, even win. But in the end, you have lil kids voting for Yao or Kobe or Tmac over and over. Baron's chance is to keep winning and keep the solid play up. And hopefully, the coach of the west takes notice.

the fans only vote for starters and there is no way baron is better than nash or kobe. And the starters are gonna be kobe and AI or kobe and tmac. After that it's not the fans voting it's the coaches
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:46 am
robersonSHOULDstart wrote:IM not saying he is going to make it, im saying he deserves it more than T-mac and AI. AI has only played 2 games so far so he doesnt deserve to start. and t-mac is old and not playin well. DO you research before you make a statement?

The starters are only about votes, not who deserves it more. Right now, T-Mac is second on the ballot, so he's starting. It always happens with fan vote. Some players get to start without really deserving that spot.

robersonSHOULDstart wrote:

Yeah, and he keeps his votes...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:33 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Baron is playing at an all star level. This is his best year professionally. But overall, like 32 said, the all star game is a popularity contest. You can play your heart out until the polls close and put up the numbers and hell, even win. But in the end, you have lil kids voting for Yao or Kobe or Tmac over and over. Baron's chance is to keep winning and keep the solid play up. And hopefully, the coach of the west takes notice.

the fans only vote for starters and there is no way baron is better than nash or kobe. And the starters are gonna be kobe and AI or kobe and tmac. After that it's not the fans voting it's the coaches

Well all I can say is that if the Clippers keep this up, you can count out Elton Brand, Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, and many other potential stars on losing teams not making the team.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:09 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

Well all I can say is that if the Clippers keep this up, you can count out Elton Brand, Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, and many other potential stars on losing teams not making the team.

Rashard Lewis would not be rated as high in coaches minds than Baron right now but Ray Allen would because he has been an allstar the last few years

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:14 am
migya wrote:Rashard Lewis would not be rated as high in coaches minds than Baron right now but Ray Allen would because he has been an allstar the last few years

Allen shouldn't go this year. He's missed several games, his team ain't doing well... and they've played better with Lewis as the key figure when Ray was injured.

If he goes, it will be purely because coaches want to reward his career, not because he deserves it this time.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:42 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Rashard Lewis would not be rated as high in coaches minds than Baron right now but Ray Allen would because he has been an allstar the last few years

Allen shouldn't go this year. He's missed several games, his team ain't doing well... and they've played better with Lewis as the key figure when Ray was injured.

If he goes, it will be purely because coaches want to reward his career, not because he deserves it this time.

That's what I'm saying, Allen has been allstar for a few years straight and so they might keep going with him but Baron deserves it more than Allen, Lewis and Brand, so he does have a chance of making it

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:45 am
migya wrote:That's what I'm saying, Allen has been allstar for a few years straight and so they might keep going with him but Baron deserves it more than Allen, Lewis and Brand, so he does have a chance of making it

Yeah, but Baron is a guard, so, from those three, only Allen is on his way. Lewis and Brand are forwards, so that's a different debate.

I still think Nash, AI, Kobe and T-Mac are sure all stars this season. That leaves one spot available for the likes of Baron, Allen, Paul and even Deron Williams.

Should Baron make it?. Sure. Can he make it?. Not so sure. I don't think he has much cred between some coaches.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:59 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:That's what I'm saying, Allen has been allstar for a few years straight and so they might keep going with him but Baron deserves it more than Allen, Lewis and Brand, so he does have a chance of making it

Yeah, but Baron is a guard, so, from those three, only Allen is on his way. Lewis and Brand are forwards, so that's a different debate.

I still think Nash, AI, Kobe and T-Mac are sure all stars this season. That leaves one spot available for the likes of Baron, Allen, Paul and even Deron Williams.

Should Baron make it?. Sure. Can he make it?. Not so sure. I don't think he has much cred between some coaches.

I'm talking about the last two positions, the 11th and 12th. Baron has a good chance of getting one of those spots. You brought up Deron and he could be a darkhorse as the Jazz have won alot! I actually pick him as the biggest surprise if there is one

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball