Slam dunk contest

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:18 pm
Who do you think should be in the slam dunk contest i think Monta can be in it what do you guys think?
This is the year
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:40 pm
hellkiller wrote:Who do you think should be in the slam dunk contest i think Monta can be in it what do you guys think?

No way. His dunks are not flashy enough. Although he did posterize Barbosa it wasn't a "flashy" dunk (like a slam-dunk contest dunk).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:45 pm
I don't even think Pietrus would cut it in a slam dunk contest. He can soar, but he's unfunky.

Richardson and Baron Davis are the only ones who'd even survive... and Jason's the only winner between the two.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:51 pm
#32 wrote:I don't even think Pietrus would cut it in a slam dunk contest. He can soar, but he's unfunky.

Richardson and Baron Davis are the only ones who'd even survive... and Jason's the only winner between the two.

Yeah... end of discussion.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:26 am
John Patrick wrote:
#32 wrote:I don't even think Pietrus would cut it in a slam dunk contest. He can soar, but he's unfunky.

Yeah... end of discussion.

Wait, I have something to add...

THE DUNK CONTEST SHOULD NOT EXIST

Yeah, now it's over. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:56 am
I don't think Spud Webb or Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf were known for their flashy dunks before they entered either. Monta has the hops to compete so I see no reason why he couldn't be flashy in a contest.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:52 am
TMC wrote:Wait, I have something to add...

I think that spectacles like the slam dunk contest, three point shootout and the rest of the activities of allstar weekend are a great entertainment and are essential for the whole feel of the whole thing

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:56 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:Wait, I have something to add...

I think that spectacles like the slam dunk contest, three point shootout and the rest of the activities of allstar weekend are a great entertainment and are essential for the whole feel of the whole thing

Well, yeah. But you already know I don't feel the All Star Weekend. :wink:
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:12 am
I love the Slam Dunk Contest! So fun to watch... except that they keep changing the rules every year and Kenny Smith is a dumb ass! I remember that one year where J-Rich needed a perfect score to win the contest and Kenny "Pansy Ass" Smith said that there was no way J-Rich could win because all the dunks have been used up by throwing the ball in the air to yourself. Then J-Rich busted out that allie-oop, 360, between the legs, one handed reverse to win and shut that bastard K. Smith up! Kenny Smith is a bitch! That's the best dunk I have ever seen! It's still fun to see these high fliers pull some crazy ass dunks!

Does anyone know who's in the dunk contest this year??
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:33 am
My beef with the dunk contest is that they insist on having it be about "the young dunkers" in the NBA. It would be infinitely better if they had the dunk contest once every four years and allowed anyone to join the field. Upping the prize wouldn't hurt either.

By having it spaced like the Olympics, star players would actually be in the contest. Also repeat wouldn't be as common and you would see more creativity from event to event.

Imagine a lineup of LeBron, Wade, JRich, Vince, Josh Smith, Kobe, Nate Robinson, and Chris Anderson (for comic relief) with 4 years of planning. THAT would be the best dunk contest . . . or at least better than the watered down pony show they trot out every year nowadays.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:08 pm
i hope lebron can play in it this year. if j-rich is healthy than he should be in it. defending champ nate robinson should obviously be in it because hes defending "champ". i like josh smith even after his ridicolous performance last year (the tape??). And my last one is Vince. Vince is the best dunker in NBA.

lebron
j-rich
robinson
smith
carter

This would be the most entertaining dunk contest probably ever. I would love to see this.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:06 pm
Thunder wrote:My beef with the dunk contest is that they insist on having it be about "the young dunkers" in the NBA. It would be infinitely better if they had the dunk contest once every four years and allowed anyone to join the field. Upping the prize wouldn't hurt either.

By having it spaced like the Olympics, star players would actually be in the contest. Also repeat wouldn't be as common and you would see more creativity from event to event.

I don't know if spacing the contest would help bringing more stars to it... but upping the prize would certainly do it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:31 pm
JRich, Carter and Kobe going at it in a slam dunk contest would be an alltime event

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:21 pm
jr smith
lebron
d wade
nate r
josh smith
andre igoudala
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:38 pm
Iguodala should be back. He was robbed last year. I can't believe he didn't win regardless of what Nate did.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball