Yes
69%
no
31%

Total votes : 13

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:09 pm
Hey, BD has to be one of the best quality pgs in the nba. I voted for him as a starter on my ballot. 21 ppg and 8 dimes! bro, thats sick. He can score at will. He can get others involved and he makes everyone else better.
also, please vote for roberson on your write in ballot.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:13 pm
BD is no way an allstar starter and in my opinion not an allstar for reasons I said in another thread

I'm not hatin', I'm just being a realist

No way baron makes the allstar team.

Kobe and Tmac are probably starting

AI and Nash are probably coming off the bench

Yao and Amare are probably playing center

Dirk, KG, Carmelo, and duncan should get forward spots

That means Baron has to contend with Marion, Boozer, Ginobili, Parker, Randolph, Allen, Brand, and Paul for the final two spots

now I'm not saying all those guys are better than him but do you really think that he'll be one of the best two out of those eight? I doubt it.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:27 pm
2 words-Steve Nash
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:27 pm
Quazza wrote:2 words-Steve Nash

is fourth in guard allstar voting :banghead:
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:33 pm
Baron's definately the 2nd best point guard in the game today (besides Nash). But that doesn't make him the most popular... and, unfortunately, the All-Star Game is a popularity contest.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:36 pm
#32 wrote:Baron's definately the 2nd best point guard in the game today (besides Nash). But that doesn't make him the most popular... and, unfortunately, the All-Star Game is a popularity contest.

Unfortunately true... and Baron needs to put in at least another quality season to shake his reputation.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:40 am
Yep, no chance Baron makes the All Star team unless injuries leave other players out. I would explain the reasons, but Pest already did.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:54 am
If Nash was voted a starter I could see Baron getting voted in by the coaches. That won't probably happen so they won't add two point guards off the bench and hence he won't make it. I think Kobe and Nash should start at guard and Baron be the backup pg myself.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:31 am
cladden wrote:If Nash was voted a starter I could see Baron getting voted in by the coaches. That won't probably happen so they won't add two point guards off the bench and hence he won't make it. I think Kobe and Nash should start at guard and Baron be the backup pg myself.

Kobe is a lock to start, and the other one will come between AI and McGrady. Nash will be the coaches pick... which makes me believe Baron won't get in.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:55 am
Baron is having arguably his best season. He still could make it, especially if Yao is still injured when the allstar weekend comes around and more so if TMac is out again because of his back

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:07 am
I thought that the starting five for the West and East were chosen by fan votes and all the bench players are chosen separately by NBA personnel with some fan influence.

This is true... right? I'm pretty sure the fans do not get all the say for the whole all-star roster, but just the starting five.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:15 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:I thought that the starting five for the West and East were chosen by fan votes and all the bench players are chosen separately by NBA personnel with some fan influence.

This is true... right? I'm pretty sure the fans do not get all the say for the whole all-star roster, but just the starting five.

you are correct, so Kobe and TMac are pretty much guaranteed 2 spots, and all the other guard talent has to battle it out for the rest. I just don't see BD being picked over Nash and AI, though it is possible he could sneak past AI - will the West coach be D'antoni or Avery? How is that decided?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:54 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:I thought that the starting five for the West and East were chosen by fan votes and all the bench players are chosen separately by NBA personnel with some fan influence.

Sort of. Starters get picked by the fans vote. Bench players are picked by coaches vote (who, obviously, can't vote for their own players).

That's how it works, unless it has changed lately.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:03 pm
AI was on the East ballot. Wonder what happens with that. Maybe he'll play for the east.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:47 pm
I'm still thinking that Baron has a chance to get either the 11th or 12th spot because he has been incredible. Brand has not been that great at all and I can only see Boozer and Carmelo as an addition to last season's allstar team.

Nash, Kobe, TMac, Yao, Dirk, Duncan and KG are the usuals and Boozer and Carmelo look like definates as well. Amare might be chosen by the coaches because he has played very well and the Suns have won alot. Marion might be chosen for the same reason. Throw in Iverson as a definate as well (or at least going by the votes he should be) and there is one or two spots left and Baron deserves it more than almost every other player available

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball