David Pogue on netiquette.

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:46 am
migya wrote:That's a big set! :mrgreen:


#-o

A big set?. That's offensive!!! (yeah, I know, no more J-Rich impersonations) :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:39 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:That's a big set! :mrgreen:


#-o

A big set?. That's offensive!!! (yeah, I know, no more J-Rich impersonations) :mrgreen:



Yea, I should've said hooters :mrgreen:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:43 am
SoCooLBob wrote:Oh Well ... {tongues}

Image

Image

we are a long way from Kansas, toto 8)
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:04 pm
Set ... that's a Poker term, right?

Image

Oh Look, I Got "The Big One!" :oops:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:49 pm
migya wrote:Again, if you don't want to read Bob's thread, don't! This is starting to become baggering and abuse and that is not accepted

migya, I know you're quick to jump to bob's defense but bob is at least a codependant and at most an instigator. He clearly started the fight with 32 in this thread and the fact that you automatically jump to bob's defense when he is no less in the wrong than anybody else is unacceptable for a mod
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:04 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:migya, I know you're quick to jump to bob's defense but bob is at least a codependant and at most an instigator. He clearly started the fight with 32 in this thread and the fact that you automatically jump to bob's defense when he is no less in the wrong than anybody else is unacceptable for a mod

It doesn't surprise me one bit. migya's got an underlying grudge with me for absolutely no reason. Whenever anything happens, he automatically assumes it's my fault.

I've never once questioned migya's status as moderator (because, as far as I can tell, it's mostly a janitorial position, and I have no problem with migya deleting spam)... but it is rather disturbing to know that a clearly unbiased moderator is at work. :| The fact that migya jumped to Bob's defense so blatantly is just another example of an ongoing grudge migya's carried for as long back as I can remember.

migya wrote:Again, if you don't want to read Bob's thread, don't! This is starting to become baggering and abuse and that is not accepted

Unfortunately, it's not that easy, migya. If you can't already tell from this thread (and several others), Bob's free throw pitch isn't politely confined to it's single topic anymore. Bob is a virus; he infects threads with his holier-than-thou, condescending, repetitive jargin simply by speaking in them. I would think, as the guy with the highest number of posts, you'd have understood that by now.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:54 pm
SoCooLBob wrote:
#32 wrote:I dunno. I think there's an inherant respect that everyone deserves, as human beings. Catching anonymous **** from someone because they've had a tough day in their own, personal life doesn't seem right to me. Even though I create a ton of controversy, I always respect someone until they give me a reason not to.


Yeah Right !!!

{Is he kidding or is he serious? Is "he" "32" or is "he" "SoCô¿ôL Bob"?}

Image

Merry Christmas Everybody ô¿~

ImageImageImage

:D I'm so well I think I shall live forever :D




This was the CONTINUATION of the argument between #32 and Bob but the first time in this thread. Again, Bob is just reacting to getting started on by #32

BUT

Don't go from thread to thread and start with #32 Bob. That makes you the bad guy then, as you would know
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:01 pm
#32 wrote:I've never once questioned migya's status as moderator (because, as far as I can tell, it's mostly a janitorial position, and I have no problem with migya deleting spam)... but it is rather disturbing to know that a clearly unbiased moderator is at work. :| The fact that migya jumped to Bob's defense so blatantly is just another example of an ongoing grudge migya's carried for as long back as I can remember.


The thing with you is that you explode on people more than others. You have started spats with me in the past as well and that has made me be a bit biased against you AS FAR AS ARGUMENTS GO! I have said that you give better information than most a number of times and I meant it!

It is not alright to be biased but everyone will know where I am coming from. I always try not to be but like I said, as far as arguments go, you get heated pretty quick


#32 wrote:
migya wrote:Again, if you don't want to read Bob's thread, don't! This is starting to become baggering and abuse and that is not accepted

Unfortunately, it's not that easy, migya. If you can't already tell from this thread (and several others), Bob's free throw pitch isn't politely confined to it's single topic anymore. Bob is a virus; he infects threads with his holier-than-thou, condescending, repetitive jargin simply by speaking in them. I would think, as the guy with the highest number of posts, you'd have understood that by now.



:mrgreen:

If it gets that bad and enough people complain, either me or TMC or both will ask Bob to tone it down a bit but the point is that Bob has been targetted for something that is just not that bad
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:25 pm
migya wrote:This was the CONTINUATION of the argument between #32 and Bob but the first time in this thread. Again, Bob is just reacting to getting started on by #32

Translation: Bob is carrying over a dead argument from MONTHS ago into a completely unrelated topic... and migya's okay with that because, many moons ago, I cordially asked Bob to stop spamming.

Makes perfect sense.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:29 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:This was the CONTINUATION of the argument between #32 and Bob but the first time in this thread. Again, Bob is just reacting to getting started on by #32

Translation: Bob is carrying over a dead argument from MONTHS ago into a completely unrelated topic... and migya's okay with that because, many moons ago, I cordially asked Bob to stop spamming.

Makes perfect sense.



:roll:

This all started just over a month ago and it is time for it to stop.

THERE
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:32 pm
This all started in September (which was 3 months ago, I believe). It lasted less than a week.

And Bob brought it back up under a week ago. Fact.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:52 pm
#32 wrote:This all started in September (which was 3 months ago, I believe). It lasted less than a week.

And Bob brought it back up under a week ago. Fact.



Pardon me, I have looked back and this all started in Bob's thread on September 18th when you, quite politely yes, told him that his thread should stop because noone but him cared about it.

The quote:
#32 wrote:Bob. Seriously.

I don't mean any disrespect to you at all. You're funny in all the other threads, a pretty regular poster, and I think you're a very goal-oriented person that we could all learn something from. By any stretch of the imagination, I like you as a poster and think you're an asset to the forum. That being said, I need to let you in on something:

This thread is over.

Seriously, the only people that ever post in it (besides you) are the newbies that have never seen it before... and even they ditch it after an initial post or two.

This is almost like a permanent post made by one of those spambots, being constantly updated with more porn sites... but hobbes won't delete it. It's a PG version of that.

This thread falls off EVERY time it's brought back to the top, but you keep bumping it up to be one of the newest headlines like a 7-year old screaming it into someones' ear long enough, with the hopes that they will finally start paying attention to it.

The continued support you give this thread is not unlike George W. Bush's support of the War in Iraq. Even when nobody else wants anything to do with this anymore, you keep shoving it down our throats as if (maybe this time) someone will respond or read it.

Your 24,000 views are nothing more than the average result ANYBODY would get by continually shoving their own, private thread in everyone's face for just under 2 years now.

It is time to let this thread die.

The continued use of this thread is not a display of tenacity and commitment; but rather the clinging to a thread that nobody wants to see anymore. And even if somehow, someone justified this thread as "commitment" in their head, that quality is overrided by being irritating to others.

In most forms of business, one person proposes something... and if that's seconded by another person, the motion is carried through. In this case, I count more than 2 people have expressed their desire for you to abandon this carcass of a thread (and that doesn't take into account the others who won't speak up about it). In all of this, the support you've gathered is a measley shrug from people like TMC, claiming, "if he wants to keep doing it, than whatever".

Nobody else has any interest in this thread anymore. It is time to let this thread die a peaceful, honest, noble death (with no 2-page comeback, complete with colorful GIF animations and images, that somehow seems to end up as a story about how the Warriors can improve their free-throws).

I understand that I'm coming off as the bad guy (as I often do on this forum), but I'm only reitterating what others (including myself) have already said. This post has gone from being a thread, to being old news, to being dead, to being just plain annoying.

SoCoolBob is a (pun-intended) "cool guy" around this forum. I dig you, Bob. You're alright. I got no gripe with you. My problem (like so many others) is with the thread.

Let this thread die, Bob. I'm trying to be your friend. It's time to let this pass.

"Who Really Cares About Free Throws?" by SoCoolBob should be inducted into the 'Post Hall of Fame'. :D But it needs to stop being a parody of what it once was. The ball's in your court, Bob. Do with it as you will.


Bob then replied nonharshly as well with:
SoCooLBob wrote:YOU JUST WROTE A WHOLE BOOK ABOUT IT :banghead:

And you ARE ONE OF THE NUMBER ONE POSTERS ON THIS BOARD

Why in the world would you write a book about this thread ...
If you didn't care about it. As if it matters WHY people MISS their free throws. Personally .. I think it would be an absolute
TRAGEDY if this thread were deleted. Although, I can believe it could happen. All it would take is ONE PERSON WHO DIDN'T CARE ... BYE BYE.Like YOUR WAR IN IRAQ

This thread is actually an accurate historical record of the nature of
THE FREE THROW and WHY PEOPLE DON'T MAKE THEM
BITCH BITCH BITCH What do you care that the ball goes in?
YOU have got something ELSE on your mind.

And YOU 32 .. A person who has NOW BECOME FAMOUS FOR
QUITTING wants me to FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE AND QUIT When ... the ONLY WAY TO LOSE AT ANYTHING is to QUIT Heck, You didn't even follow your own advice, why in the world should I?

REALLY .. You wrote an entire well written book saying DESTROY THIS THREAD NOBODY WANTS TO LOOK AT IT ANYMORE QUIT! QUIT! QUIT!
SAD! You say. Sad, indeed.

Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Image

Have you ever read Jonathan Livingston Seagull?
The appropriate death of this thread will begin when Andris Biedrins
hits 80% ... Hello? George Johnson did. Better than that. 'Course I guess it would be nice if people appreciated him for it.

more than 2 people have expressed their desire for you to abandon this carcass of a thread

Wow ... In ALL of BASKETBALL NOBODY SHOOTS FREE THROWS
UNDERHAND. And MANY people who don't can't beat a 60 year old man who doesn't even play basketball. Heck, many people legitimately express the truth of their notion that the third player selected in the NBA draft is worthless.

Image

And I'm the dummy, who doesn't listen. Ironic, I guess.

Image




It then went back and forth and you even started a thread on the topic aiming at getting rid of Bob's thread.


This has not turned into a ful blown name calling spat but the fact is: Bob didn't like being told that his work is insignificant and should be stopped, he was told that by #32 and Pest and it went back and forward. That's it.


In conclusion - Nothing really bad has happened so let's get back to the way things were BEFORE this tug of war started
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:56 pm
...? Are you serious, migya? Are you being totally serious?

You don't see the insane change of tone, going from my quiet, reasonable, very lightly placed request... to another one of Bob's haphazard rants about quitting (this time, specifically calling ME a QUITTER, among other things)...?

You seriously don't see the difference...? Wow... :-s
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:03 pm
That's all you've got, Bob saying you're a quitter. I don't know why he said that, he almost always is referring to something that is true but the rest of us don't get it at first.

Truth is, there is no substance with all this and so it should just be let go
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:36 pm
God, here we go. You're going to force me to give an unbiased timeline on the matter (since you obvious can't).

September 19th - #32 posts in "Who Really Cares About Free Throws!?!", asking Bob to stop bumping his post (due to the fact that 90% of the responses in it, at that point, were from him).

September 19th - Bob responds, clearly not willing to even listen to a word I said.


September 19th, 3:19 AM
#32 wrote::roll: Nevermind, Bob. Continue the thread, if you makes you feel any better.


September 19th, 3:22 AM
SoCooLBob wrote:That a boy 32.
Continue to demonstrate the strength of your convictions.
Geez ... :roll:


September 19th, 3:33 AM
#32 wrote:If me dismissing your thread by finally understanding that you're incapable of seeing the fact that you're playing by yourself in the sand satisfies you in a sense that you believe you've 'won' some sort of battle, than more power to you. My mind doesn't need to be pacified with this kind of BS to give value to who I am.


After that post, Bob makes a total of 9 responses slamming me after I had chosen not to respond. This prompts the arrival of Pest, at 5:25 PM on September 20th, who leaves a laundry list of reasons, much like mine, as to why Bob should close his thread. This was the result:

September 20th, 5:37 PM
SoCooLBob wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Socoolbob, I'll try to be nice and cordial

NO YOU ARE NOT
You are starting with a LIE and YOU KNOW IT



September 20th, 8:24 PM
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I'm not even going to respond to the rest of your stream of bullshit. I was completely cordial for that entire post, even complemented you a couple times, all you choose to hear is what you want. I was going to engage you on an intelectual level but realized the sad truth that, at eighty years old, you have no ability to comprehend stuff from the outside world.


Bob responded at 8:57 PM, making a mockery of Pest's previous post and even poking fun at the guy's SN (a totally unrelated thing). This inspired my return, at 9:17 PM:

#32 wrote:Save your breath on this one, Disease. I already tried. The man's a brick wall of ignorance.


Bob responded with a colorful animation of two ghoul-like creatures in a rosey-lipped embrace, implying that Pest and I were homosexuals for cordially asking him to put a stop to his thread. At 11:22 PM, John Patrick joins in the thread, agreeing with me and Pest and likening Bob's continual support of this thread to Terry Shiavo. Bob responded at 11:41 PM:

SoCooLBob wrote:
John Patrick wrote:I haven't read the entire thread, but I have read the first couple pages and the last few, and I do also agree that it is time to put this thread to rest.


I disagree.
Put Your Own Thread To Rest.
Criticize ... BITCH ... Moan ... About Somebody ... Something Else


The next day, coltraning posted at 12:05 AM, asking why we cared. Bob played colt's question off as "support". John Patrick then responded to Bob at 12:23 AM:

John Patrick wrote:I'm just saying it is a little bit annoying when you repeat the same pictures and phrases over and over again and keep bumping this thread when it should be read. We LIKE (D) this thread, that's why I want it at the top of the forum! Just when you bump and repeat and rinse wash and repeat the same process, I'm just commenting my opinion and while I never did whatsoever claim to speak for everyone.


After going back and forth for a few posts, I interrupted John and Bob with the following at 1:12 AM:

#32 wrote:Just call a spade a spade, John.

He's plugging his ears and stomping his feet at several members of the boards. You know how children often stop screaming and/or being annoying when you just ignore them? I think the same can be said for dinosaurs. Just leave him be and hopefully the annoyances will go back to being a bi-weekly think or so. At least that will inimize the damage, since we can't stop the bleeding completely.


Feeling overwhelmed by the fact that 3 regular members were asking him to stop his threat, Bob fell back on his "views" at 1:16 AM:

SoCooLBob wrote:I did have the Royal Flush ... 245,000 to ONE !!!


Two minutes later, I responded:

#32 wrote:Your 'royal flush' is actually about 6-7 to 1 (against you). People viewing your thread don't count as your backup.


It's at this point, migya (who obviously didn't read more than the previous two or three posts) makes his debut, claiming that things have gotten ugly... "and boring also" (implying that free throws is an adenaline pumping topic to begin with). However, even MIGYA implies that Bob's thread has gotten stale:

migya wrote:It is becoming boring Bob. Star another thread with something else like - How to cook a great omelette or something. I'm an eater, certainly get me interested


Bob responds again, twisting the debate back into free throw jargan. TMC makes an appearance, agreeing with coltraning's point about how nobody should care. A short while later, I make the original parody of Bob's thread:

#32 wrote::roll: It's not hard to make posts like that, Bob...

*************************************************************

Image
SoCooLBob wrote:I think this thread should LIVE ON FOREVER ...

Image
George W. Bush wrote:We are not leaving Iraq so long as I'm president! That would be a huge mistake!





:-k :scratch: :-# :sleepy2: :oops: =; :-$


Image
Looks like YOU'RE the stubborn one!

And you keep BEATING a DEAD horse

So, in conclusion, either you're a senile old man... or you're...

Image


SoCooLBob wrote:You wanting to try and start another fight today #32?

#32 wrote:Why, Bob... if I stopped arguing with you... wouldn't I be *gasp* QUITTING?!!!? :roll:

SoCooLBob wrote:One really good thing to do when you find yourself doing Negative things over and over and over ... is to QUIT ...

And yet ... here you are ... a brand new day ...
Spewing Garbage

#32 wrote:Another good time to quit would be when you're seriously annoying other people.

But I'll make you a deal, Bob. I'll quit arguing with you and you quit with this thread (that several others have already told you to stop). Deal?

John Patrick wrote:Sounds like a very fair deal!


Bob then responds a total of SIX times, before I end the fight on September 23rd, at 3:12 AM:

#32 wrote:It's over, Bob. I'm done. Enjoy your thread.


TODAY IS DECEMBER 27TH

Save for a responses to a couple mud flings that Bob's sent my way, I've completely stopped with this whole thing. In fact, if you even LOOKED at the Netiquette topic, you'd see I even turned the other cheek when Bob insulted me. And, yet, you're claiming that I'M refusing to bury the hatchet between me and Bob?

Open your eyes, migya. Hopefully, this has helped you understand the true happenings of this situation. If this doesn't (the cold, hard ACTUAL convo), I seriously don't know what will.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests