Game Thread: Philadelphia 76ers @ Warriors 2006-12-26

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors beat the Iversonless 76ers?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:56 pm

YES
85%
NO
15%

Total votes : 13

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:03 pm
#32 wrote:Amazing game!

Matt Barnes is gonna get HELLA paid after this year. If you guys think the Warriors will be able to keep a guy shooting 45% from the arc, you're crazy. Shooters are very coveted in this league.

Even if this season turns out to be just a fling and Barnes never plays this well again, I'll bet anything that he's getting paid very well this summer. Probably by another team.

He has a case for getting big money so far! Barnes would be a great starting SF with Diogu, Biedrins, Baron and JRich as starters with him

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:28 pm
Barnes really is playing well but his stats are still not that great(10 points ,4 boards, and 2 assists) and no one other than the warriors really even knows who he is. He does a lot well and nothing poorly and that is why he is so valuable.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:32 pm
Dubs4life wrote:Barnes really is playing well but his stats are still not that great(10 points ,4 boards, and 2 assists) and no one other than the warriors really even knows who he is. He does a lot well and nothing poorly and that is why he is so valuable.

So your saying he could be had cheaply :)

hmmmmmmm, yessssssssss, sign that fukin $800,000 a year contract Barnesy :mrgreen:

That'd be great, hold the prik at ransom, tell him noone wants him and that he better sign or he gets nothing :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:36 pm
If Chris Mullin could resign Matt Barnes to a multiyear deal for less than a million bucks a season, every Warrior fan should hearby owe Mully a BJ from his girlfriend/wife/significant other.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:41 pm
Haha no I wasnt saying we could get him for what we have him at now. Maybe for somewhere around 3-4 million a year.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:57 pm
Dubs4life wrote:Haha no I wasnt saying we could get him for what we have him at now. Maybe for somewhere around 3-4 million a year.

Iknow, I was just being funny. It would be good to get him for 3-4 illion though

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:00 pm
#32 wrote:If Chris Mullin could resign Matt Barnes to a multiyear deal for less than a million bucks a season, every Warrior fan should hearby owe Mully a BJ from his girlfriend/wife/significant other.

Well I wouldn't say that!

Does he have a niece? If she's any good then a rear ender is in order :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:08 am
#32 wrote:Matt Barnes is gonna get HELLA paid after this year. If you guys think the Warriors will be able to keep a guy shooting 45% from the arc, you're crazy. Shooters are very coveted in this league.

Even if this season turns out to be just a fling and Barnes never plays this well again, I'll bet anything that he's getting paid very well this summer. Probably by another team.

Yep. I think so too. It's the Bobby Simmons story all over again. Great season with the Clips, then signs with Milwaukee because the Clips don't pay him as much... and we won't use the mid-level exception on him when we also have to sign Monta.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:39 pm
Doesn't break my heart, though. I honestly think Barnes is having a one-in-a-million season.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Game Threads