Eight spot

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:24 am
Now that Yao is down and out I suddenly see Rockets losing about 75% of their games from here on which should put the seventh spot well within reach. What do you guys think? Not really sure how long T-Mac is out but I think the Rockets only can be counted on to win if both guys are available.

Well. I guess T-Mac is back already but he just can't carry that team himself I think.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:34 am
yao's out for 6 weeks. The rockets have a 70+% winning % when they're both healthy and a 25% winning % when one is injured.

Lets say trends hold up and the rockets are 4-13 without yao. yao comes back with the rockets 20-25 and they go 27-10 the rest of the season. That leaves them with 47 wins and is a very likely scenario. They won't likely miss the playoffs because of this unless tmac goes down again.

I am still confident the dubs make the playoffs though
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:12 am
TMac is back but likely not 100% still (if he ever will be again). The Rockets likely will finish 6th to 8th but you never know.

The team is still looking like a low playoff seed team but the signs are there for things to get better and if they do, the team will pull away from the pack and could be a top5 or 6 team. The Yao injury really helps the team because the Rockets are a team that is ahead of them

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:04 am
migya wrote:The team is still looking like a low playoff seed team but the signs are there for things to get better and if they do, the team will pull away from the pack and could be a top5 or 6 team. The Yao injury really helps the team because the Rockets are a team that is ahead of them

I don't think Yao's injury will affect our playoffs chances in the least. It's only a six weeks absence, so he'll be back in time to end around the 6th seed. We're aiming for the 7th-8th seed.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:46 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The team is still looking like a low playoff seed team but the signs are there for things to get better and if they do, the team will pull away from the pack and could be a top5 or 6 team. The Yao injury really helps the team because the Rockets are a team that is ahead of them

I don't think Yao's injury will affect our playoffs chances in the least. It's only a six weeks absence, so he'll be back in time to end around the 6th seed. We're aiming for the 7th-8th seed.

I don't know about that, I see Yao as incredibly valuable to the Rockets this season and guys like Battier, Wells and Alston will have to step up now. I'm not sure TMac will play that many games until he's back on the injured list again. These next 6 weeks could be hell for the Rockets and something they may not be able to come back from

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:53 am
migya wrote:I see Yao as incredibly valuable to the Rockets this season and guys like Battier, Wells and Alston will have to step up now.

Yeah, I think so too. But it's just a six weeks absence. There's enough time to recover after that (barring more injuries)

migya wrote:I'm not sure TMac will play that many games until he's back on the injured list again.

TMac has played tonight (a tough loss against Indy). Houston will suffer a lot through the next few weeks, but their style will allow them to get a few wins, mostly at home.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:53 am
6 weeks from now is mid February and that'll mean that the Rockets will have some 8 or 9 weeks to get back from what ever disaster they are in. IF both TMac and Yao are playing, then it will be probable that they'll get win alot and maybe get a high seed but if TMac is out again when Yao comes back, the Rockets wil get a lower seed, if they make the playoffs at all

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:51 pm
migya wrote:6 weeks from now is mid February and that'll mean that the Rockets will have some 8 or 9 weeks to get back from what ever disaster they are in. IF both TMac and Yao are playing, then it will be probable that they'll get win alot and maybe get a high seed but if TMac is out again when Yao comes back, the Rockets wil get a lower seed, if they make the playoffs at all

I thought it was 3 months. Not sure where I heard that (probably made it up). I agree that changes the prognosis some. They should still lose some terrain.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:56 pm
Ws MAY get the 7th seed if Yao is out long term...(all best are off if artest goes to the clips, since you have to put them back in the race at that point.)

Either way, the 2 teams I would NOT want to play in the 1st round are San Antonio or Phoenix. Dallas? The best matchup for the Ws first round - a team they know they can beat. Utah, again, a team the Ws can beat. San Antonio and Phoenix will thump them...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:08 pm
coltraning wrote:Ws MAY get the 7th seed if Yao is out long term...(all best are off if artest goes to the clips, since you have to put them back in the race at that point.)

Either way, the 2 teams I would NOT want to play in the 1st round are San Antonio or Phoenix. Dallas? The best matchup for the Ws first round - a team they know they can beat. Utah, again, a team the Ws can beat. San Antonio and Phoenix will thump them...
Not sure about the Suns. We were close in one of the games. Only Nash's crazy three got them the game. I don't think Spurs and Suns are comparable in their ability to wipe the floor with the Warriors. Ofcourse we already beat the Spurs but I wouldn't expect that to happen in the playoffs.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:28 pm
The Mavs really are the best matchup but any team that like to run a bit will do because it takes to the Warriors' strengths. Playing against the Spurs would be the worst thing for the team

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:39 am
I don't care about possible matchups right now. We should be concerned just about making the playoffs.

With that said, I think Phoenix is the most likely opponent if we make it.

Return to Warriors Basketball