Who really cares about sicko tomahawks?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:20 pm
cladden wrote:#32 criticizing Bob's thread doesn't make Pest's thread malicious. It makes it relevant. Bob's thread (and I'm proud to say that I don't care for it, but it doesn't bother me because I just exercise my power not to read it) is begging for a satire like this. I think almost everyone (including Bob apparantly) found this to be kinda funny and not a personal attack. I think if Pest wanted to be malicious he could have come up with something better but he's too classy a guy to do that.


Well, yeah. Even Bob admitted this thread doesn't bother him. I think we're giving it too much thought already...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:32 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Classless move Pest! There's no need for that


Yep. If you don't like Bob's posts, don't do the same. Even if it's a mockery.


have to disagree, dudes and I am surprised you would have that take - it was creative and funny and Bob liked it. Calling someone names, cursing them out, that is one thing, but compared to what I have read on this board, this is just plain funny and creative. It appears to me that Bob can take care of himself just fine, and if 32 and Pest want to critique him it hurts no one. I agree with you I draw the line at banning Bob, since I don't see his threads as spam, but both Pest and 32 make legitimate points whether or not we agree, and Pest's post is a very clever satire, far better than some of the foulmouthed slagging I've seen pass for debate on this board.


Ok, but even if it's much more clever and funny than the usual posts against someone (which nobody is denying), the objective stays the same. Making a mockery of Bob's thread.

But if Bob doesn't have a problem with it, neither do I.



I feel the same. If Bob is alright then it is nothing major but it just looked like a plain mockery of his thread and my thing was that Bob doesn't put down anyone, never has instigated anything and has been on the receiving end of attacks the last month (mostly by #32 and a bit by Pest) for his thread, which is harmless
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:45 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Classless move Pest! There's no need for that


Yep. If you don't like Bob's posts, don't do the same. Even if it's a mockery.


have to disagree, dudes and I am surprised you would have that take - it was creative and funny and Bob liked it. Calling someone names, cursing them out, that is one thing, but compared to what I have read on this board, this is just plain funny and creative. It appears to me that Bob can take care of himself just fine, and if 32 and Pest want to critique him it hurts no one. I agree with you I draw the line at banning Bob, since I don't see his threads as spam, but both Pest and 32 make legitimate points whether or not we agree, and Pest's post is a very clever satire, far better than some of the foulmouthed slagging I've seen pass for debate on this board.


Ok, but even if it's much more clever and funny than the usual posts against someone (which nobody is denying), the objective stays the same. Making a mockery of Bob's thread.

But if Bob doesn't have a problem with it, neither do I.



I feel the same. If Bob is alright then it is nothing major but it just looked like a plain mockery of his thread and my thing was that Bob doesn't put down anyone, never has instigated anything and has been on the receiving end of attacks the last month (mostly by #32 and a bit by Pest) for his thread, which is harmless

Actually bob has instigated and put people down more times than it has happened to him.

And there's a difference between mockery and satire.

If you reread the most recent thread you'll see 32 turned the other cheek THREE TIMES while bob attacked him. That happens a heck of a lot. Look back at the thread and you'll see bob was clearly the instigator of the most recent scuffle
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:49 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:I really didn't want this to devolve into a pissing match, but......

Migya, You have some serious hypocrisy issues you need to deal with

Socoolbob can compare 32 to OJ Simpson and you laugh, But 32 is being out of line and disrespectful to politely ask him to end a thread that half the forum wants gone?

but when I make a wittier parody of Bob's thread it is classless??


Bob compared #32 to OJ Simpson reffering to #32 stating that older guys get more upset on forums because they are not used to or accept young guys or children abusing them. He then put Bob down, as he has a number of times (not necessarily very vulgarly), acting hypocriticly and Bob didn't like it with good reaosn due to that fact.

#32 didn't really ask "politely" for Bob to stop his freethrows thread but baggered him and when Bob responded rather upset (understandably and #32 would get worked up if it was reversed) #32 began getting a bit more harsh and then you began doing likewise, attacking Bob about his thread.

This thread, (I first saw it as but I guess it is accepted as a comedy and alright), looked like an absolute mockery of Bob's thread and I felt I had to say something but since Bob and others have said it is alright, it continues


tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:You say it's ok to call black people niggers


Can't believe this is still propping up!

I made it clear that "******" is not a word to use or be thrown around like water! I said that it can be seen as an expression and referred to the comedian Chris Rock saying that black people who act uncivilised, stealing and so on can be called that word!


tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:And everybody and their brother a prick


I use the word prik as an offensless expression, like on here and you can tell by the tone of my post. Some posts I use the word prik to mean like "arsehole", like when I was going on about Stern and his fascist rules, I meant that he is a bad prik and not like prik as in mate or collegue. Just an expression


tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:But I can't make unmalicious fun of an old man who, frankly, has it coming?


How did Bob have it coming? He is reacting to getting called out and attacked, which is what is happening by the old guy's only thread and almost only contribution to this forum (which happens to be a harmless one) being said to be garbage


tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Have you ever called socoolbob classless for his libel and unprovoked personal attacks?

Or given him any sort of negative response to any malignant post of his?



Again, Bob was just reacting to being attacked. He did not instigate anything. This all started when #32 started that thread telling Bob to get rid of his freethrow thread
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:05 pm
*sigh*

Your account of what happened isn't exactly correct

BOB'S FIRST POST IN THE NETTIQUETTE THREAD WAS A JAB AT 32

essentially calling him a liar

that was an unprovoked instigation

and you responded to bob's attack with a smiley emoticon. If either me or thirty two had make an identical post to bob you would have been all over us

32 took it in stride and didn't attack him. Responding with a perfectly reasonable level headed comment.

Socoolbob made a less heated post

Then you got things heated again with an untruth.

32 told you to point out where his rudeness was, again in an extremely calm logical way and you couldn't because there was none

Bob made another long post attacking 32 with much libel

32 says a, still calm post, which is the first that you could possibly interpret as belligerent, in that thread

Bob attacks 32 again

and again

I agree with 32 (not unlike you agreed with bob) and as a result bob attacks me

we then have a little humourous back and forth that is a little bit heated but more satirical

I let him have the last word like always



That is a factual timeline of the thread. It is a disgrace to the forum that you're on me and 32's case and bob's dick for almost identical behavior
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:11 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:*sigh*

Your account of what happened isn't exactly correct

BOB'S FIRST POST IN THE NETTIQUETTE THREAD WAS A JAB AT 32

essentially calling him a liar

that was an unprovoked instigation

and you responded to bob's attack with a smiley emoticon. If either me or thirty two had make an identical post to bob you would have been all over us



Firstly, I responded with a smiley emoticon because Bob used a statement that #32 posted and then showed that he had been a hypocrit in the fact that he had attacked his thread and thus him. It was not a smaert arse jesture on my part but just recognition of that. I have also recognised your factual statements and humour more than once Pest as well.

Go back to that nettiquette thread and you will see that I have called out Bob and asked him not to go from thread to thread knocking #32 because by doing that, he is being the bad guy then.

I'm trying to be fair, as is TMC, who also said that Bob's FT thread is alright and that this thread made by you seemed like a mockery. We are just trying to be fair and keep things nonoffensive to thge extreme. We are liberal, as is hobbes and that's how it should be. Noone is saying that you and #32 are garbage and that Bob is a saint so let's get over this argument. If Bob's posts are that bad, say why (has to be something more than you just don't like them) and we will ask him to tone it down
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:13 pm
This is an absolutely perfect thread. Perfect, and I'll explain why:

First of all, it's funny as hell... and nobody can logically deny that. A parody is a parody; this one wasn't harmful or angry at all. In fact, compared to some of miggy's "load-blowing on bitches" posts and nonsensical backtracking after continually defending the use of the n-word, I've found this to be relatively PG. Pest captured the essence of Bob's thread perfectly; making them seem like mere cookie-cutter copies of one another. Gee... I wonder how anyone could have thought of that? :roll:

Secondly, it clearly exposes SoCoolBob as the moderator's pet. TMC gets off lightly, purely because he never has any beef with anyone (even though, seriously, it's very odd that this is the first parody that he finds in poor taste, especially considering the jovial nature of it). The true irony of the whole situation comes from the biased eyes of migya:

I can take your completely dead wrong recount of who started the fight between me and Bob.

I can shrug off your little cheap shots in Pest's new redistro thread ("bad picks include... all of 32's guys! LMAO!!!").

Hell, I'll even forget the fact that you totally bad-mouthed me after I left the forum for a couple weeks (and, none the less, had the balls to say nice things about you in an attempt to bury the hatchet). This, of course, after you smiled through your teeth at me in your first response to my goodbye thread (lotta guts you have, mod miggy).

But I just can't even comprehend this:

migya wrote:mostly by #32 and a bit by Pest


You are so blindly biased against me migya, its unbelieveable. In the past week, I've posted nothing offensive towards Bob whatsoever. Nothing. I've shrugged off his crap, let him continually slam me when I never hit back (being the Bible-beating Christian he is, I'd expect nothing less. You know what Christ always said: "hit 'em while they're down!" :roll: ), and I've been absolutely cordial when you join in the mele to throw stones at me as well. But I'll be damned if I let this completely false statement pass without mentioning it.

You are as crooked as they come, migya. No matter when or where, you will always take sides against me because "I'm #32 and, therefore, I must have started it!!!". You've never given me a chance. Ever. Not that I ever asked for, or wanted, one, but the fact that you're a moderator should at least PATRIALLY imply that you don't carry an inherant bias. But that is, sadly, not the case. Not only do you have a complete grudge against me; you have one against OG broe, too. And it sickens me to think that you have the right to alter posts and ban people.

I'm even partially convinced that you'll delete this post and ban me before anybody else reads it because that would fall directly into your moral level.

Leave me the hell alone, migya. Unlike Bob, I don't follow you around and try to provoke a reaction out of you; I dont have that much damn time on my hands.

Every single word that Pest has said in this post is spot-on about you. You've completely turned this situation into something that's entire fantasy in your own mind. And even though Pest has only called you out on it pertaining to THIS issue, I'm not afraid to acknowledge that you've done this countless times.

You are a complete fraud as a moderator.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:15 pm
migya wrote:If Bob's posts are that bad, say why (has to be something more than you just don't like them) and we will ask him to tone it down


::lol: How many DIFFERENT ways do you want us to say the reasons!?!? :roll:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:17 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:If Bob's posts are that bad, say why (has to be something more than you just don't like them) and we will ask him to tone it down


::lol: How many DIFFERENT ways do you want us to say the reasons!?!? :roll:



Your reasons are not enough! Fuk sake, what is the problem with this! Leave it alone and just don't respond in his thread
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:23 pm
When was the last time I responded to his thread?!?

He completely blindsided me in the the Netiquette thread MULTIPLY times, and I didn't see the big, bad moderators swooping to MY aid when that was going on. :roll: The contradictions are endless.

*

There is absolutely zero reasons you can justify the way you've responded to this argument, from a moderators' standpoint (which is what you've turned this into, migya). Moderators are the parental figures of the forum. You trying to justify this case is like trying to justify buying a station wagon for one son and a sports coupe for another. It's exactly like that.

You completely gave (and continue to give) Bob the bennefit of the doubt, but you wouldn't give me the time of day. That's why you're unfit to handle this case.

tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:It is a disgrace to the forum that you're on me and 32's case and bob's dick for almost identical behavior

Fuckin Amen.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:47 pm
Oooooh.... 20 minutes so far without a response... miggy must be working hard on that essay.

Reasons I chose Bob's side over Pest/32's:
by migya

#1, I don't like #32
#2, ____________ .... :-k
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:59 pm
#32 wrote:Oooooh.... 20 minutes so far without a response... miggy must be working hard on that essay.

Reasons I chose Bob's side over Pest/32's:
by migya

#1, I don't like #32
#2, ____________ .... :-k




:cry:

This is getting funny now!

Your just reaching for air and nothing more ::lol:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13512
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:42 pm
:roll: Here's a clue (you obviously need one):

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtop ... ght=#54789

I'll spoon it to you, since you refuse to read it yourself.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Berkeley
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:51 pm
:shock: :D :mrgreen: :!: . Total exposure
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:30 pm
cladden wrote:
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:but when I make a wittier parody of Bob's thread it is classless??


What we (I'm talking for myself only, pest, but I'm pretty sure migya thinks the same) don't like is the timing.

If you had made this thread at any other moment, you'd get a round of applause, but you did it right after another discussion between Bob and #32. That makes it look malicious... at least to me. And that's the reason I don't like it and think poorly of it. The only reason.

Anyway, and as I've said before, that's just me. I don't want to get into a discussion about it. It's just an opinion, after all.


Well. Opinions are all we have up in this one. #32 criticizing Bob's thread doesn't make Pest's thread malicious. It makes it relevant. Bob's thread. (and I'm proud to say that I don't care for it, but it doesn't bother me because I just exercise my power not to read it) is begging for a satire like this. I think almost everyone (including Bob apparantly) found this to be kinda funny and not a personal attack. I think if Pest wanted to be malicious he could have come up with something better but he's too classy a guy to do that.


Agreed here, and I gotta say that another thread shouldn't impact this thread, and Pest didn't attack Bob. Plus two, the thread is funny, and Bob has to realize that by making a thread like his free throw one he will get some joking at his thread. But that doesn't make it a personal attack on Bob.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron