Who really cares about sicko tomahawks?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:41 am
EMail to GSWarriors ...

January 12th, 2007, Shaquille O'Neal and the Miami Heat visit the Golden State Warriors. I think this should be the beginning, continuing, of an annual opportunity to celebrate the cool factor of and the accomplishment of hitting a high percentage of one's dunks ... and making them look snazzy.

Int'L Who Can Jump the Highest Based on Their Natural Ability Day At The GS Warriors
Have a Good Contest ... what the heck ... Make Em Count !!!

Please ... :D

LET THE THREAD BEGIN

In ALL the THINGS that each of us does well ... there are LITTLE THINGS
that make ALL THE DIFFERENCE.

Little things like going 360º, getting fouled, AND ONE, going to the free throw line and missing free throws because you're so pumped. What the Warriors need to win more games is more guys who feel the need to risk injury and extreme humilitation by going for unlikely dunks

And Good Animations!

Image

Back to the original posting ...

Dunk mania is spreading on the I HATE FUNDAMENTALS Web Board, The Miami Heat Web Board, The poker web board, the religion web board, the croquet web board, the spammers delight web board, the San Jose Mercury News Web Board, the Al Jazeera web board, the I beat you all at basketball web board, and here on the Golden State Web Board.

It has a simple point.

Image

There's this "skill" in basketball called the "Dunk."
One could even call it a "skill that pay the bills" as the homies with their bling bling and their color televisions and their pokemon toasters and their david cross say these days.
It is entirely possible that a number of basketball practitioners, including current and future NBA players, could improve their ability to HAMMER JAM ... if they considered and then logically followed the conclusions that might be drawn from analyzing this skill....... and then cast them to the four winds and did their own thing

Image

This Random player from UNC is the number one example at lack of success at this shot
Did you know Chris "the birdman" Anderson of the World Champion Atlanta Hawks (they were champs once.....) is apparently worse than him?

Thus, flizash the super dope beatxx jammer 2093 has at designated January 12th {Miami Heat v. Golden State Warriors} as The First Annual Let's All posterize a fool day .. when fans of all athletic shapes and tall sizes gather together, in thought at least, to consider one of ALL sports potentially most difficult achievements.

This shot should "theoretically" be the HARDEST POSSIBLE thing to achieve in ANY sport. Examined semi-critically, anyone will notice that THE MILLION WAYS of making this shot involve THOUSANDS OF MUSCLES of THE BODY, to be utilized to get from a random spot on the court to a ten foot hoop, with a seven foot tall behemoth guarding the shooter. How's that for an achieveable, unrepeatable athletic accomplishment?

Anyone want to do that ?
Birdman?

What do you think?

Image

Did you know that Mike Dunleavy shoots only 80% on dunks?

If he used tomahawks instead of one handed dunks, like Dr J (the second best dunker of all time) then he would shoot better
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:58 am
O.K. - Pest...POTY...good night :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :headbang: :hello1: :cheers: \:D/ :evil4: :thegraduate: :drinking: :happy1:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:56 am
Good One !!!

Consider ... at one time basketball officials actually made the dunk illegal.
What did they know about "skills?" \:D/
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:02 am
This is obviously aimed at putting down Bob!

Classless move Pest! There's no need for that
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:02 am
migya wrote:Classless move Pest! There's no need for that


Yep. If you don't like Bob's posts, don't do the same. Even if it's a mockery.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:02 pm
Thanks Gentleman ...

Interestingly enough, I was not offended by this particular post.
For whatever reason, I thought it creative.
Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, etc.
As long as you spell my name right, etc.

BUT ... I do appreciate your consideration ...
Perhaps, even more than the flattery :D
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:15 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Classless move Pest! There's no need for that


Yep. If you don't like Bob's posts, don't do the same. Even if it's a mockery.

have to disagree, dudes and I am surprised you would have that take - it was creative and funny and Bob liked it. Calling someone names, cursing them out, that is one thing, but compared to what I have read on this board, this is just plain funny and creative. It appears to me that Bob can take care of himself just fine, and if 32 and Pest want to critique him it hurts no one. I agree with you I draw the line at banning Bob, since I don't see his threads as spam, but both Pest and 32 make legitimate points whether or not we agree, and Pest's post is a very clever satire, far better than some of the foulmouthed slagging I've seen pass for debate on this board.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:20 pm
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Classless move Pest! There's no need for that


Yep. If you don't like Bob's posts, don't do the same. Even if it's a mockery.


have to disagree, dudes and I am surprised you would have that take - it was creative and funny and Bob liked it. Calling someone names, cursing them out, that is one thing, but compared to what I have read on this board, this is just plain funny and creative. It appears to me that Bob can take care of himself just fine, and if 32 and Pest want to critique him it hurts no one. I agree with you I draw the line at banning Bob, since I don't see his threads as spam, but both Pest and 32 make legitimate points whether or not we agree, and Pest's post is a very clever satire, far better than some of the foulmouthed slagging I've seen pass for debate on this board.


Ok, but even if it's much more clever and funny than the usual posts against someone (which nobody is denying), the objective stays the same. Making a mockery of Bob's thread.

But if Bob doesn't have a problem with it, neither do I.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:28 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Classless move Pest! There's no need for that


Yep. If you don't like Bob's posts, don't do the same. Even if it's a mockery.


have to disagree, dudes and I am surprised you would have that take - it was creative and funny and Bob liked it. Calling someone names, cursing them out, that is one thing, but compared to what I have read on this board, this is just plain funny and creative. It appears to me that Bob can take care of himself just fine, and if 32 and Pest want to critique him it hurts no one. I agree with you I draw the line at banning Bob, since I don't see his threads as spam, but both Pest and 32 make legitimate points whether or not we agree, and Pest's post is a very clever satire, far better than some of the foulmouthed slagging I've seen pass for debate on this board.


Ok, but even if it's much more clever and funny than the usual posts against someone (which nobody is denying), the objective stays the same. Making a mockery of Bob's thread.

But if Bob doesn't have a problem with it, neither do I.

well, there is nothing in the rules forbidding satirizing another post, and I bet you 32 and Pest would argue that Bob does a good job of that on his own. I think the difference between some of the teasing we have done of JRich, I beat you all at basketball, etc...and Bob is that some of us (clearly not Pest and 32) have a soft spot for Bob, but there is no denying the free throw thread is a legitimate target for satire...anyway, humor is like sex, music and religion - highly personal and not subject to rational explanation. I find Jon Stewart and Colbert brilliant, others don't get it at all, ya dig?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:38 pm
coltraning wrote:well, there is nothing in the rules forbidding satirizing another post, and I bet you 32 and Pest would argue that Bob does a good job of that on his own. I think the difference between some of the teasing we have done of JRich, I beat you all at basketball, etc...and Bob is that some of us (clearly not Pest and 32) have a soft spot for Bob, but there is no denying the free throw thread is a legitimate target for satire...anyway, humor is like sex, music and religion - highly personal and not subject to rational explanation. I find Jon Stewart and Colbert brilliant, others don't get it at all, ya dig?


Yeah, well. Satires can be good or bad, it all relies on how it's interpreted. Nobody said that it's not allowed (it is, and, as a proof, this thread is still open and won't be closed. At least I can't see a single reason to do so).

What I'm saying is that I don't like it, but that's only me. Just a personal opinion.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:45 pm
I really didn't want this to devolve into a pissing match, but......

Migya, You have some serious hypocrisy issues you need to deal with

Socoolbob can compare 32 to OJ Simpson and you laugh, But 32 is being out of line and disrespectful to politely ask him to end a thread that half the forum wants gone?

You can parody baron4mvp's thread and it's all laughs

but when I make a wittier parody of Bob's thread it is classless??

You say it's ok to call black people niggers

And everybody and their brother a prick

But I can't make unmalicious fun of an old man who, frankly, has it coming?

And I'm classless?

You do realize the immense hypocrisy of that, don't you?

Have you ever called socoolbob classless for his libel and unprovoked personal attacks?

Or given him any sort of negative response to any malignant post of his?

Didn't think so

You can't have double standards like that as a mod migya.
ImageImage
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:02 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:But I can't make unmalicious fun of an old man who, frankly, has it coming?


Sadly, what is really missing, is some folks utter failure to get

THE POINT
And/Or do something "really" constructive about it.
Some are doing a terrific job of "fighting" the point.
Just as much over and over as the Old Man making it.

Sadly, what is really missing is a clear recognition, by some folks, that

People keep missing their free throws.
And, perhaps, other things.

I guess, I could do as you wish, and let go of The Point

But, then, I would simply be participating in what to me is a sort of
"mass" stupidity. To me, it doesn't really matter who agrees or how many. Stupid is stupid. {Sorry, not a nice choice of words :evil: }

I guess, I haven't yet figured out how it would be helpful to start missing more free throws ... you know ... to humanity.

Sorry :banghead:

This Old Man, he plays one ... and makes it !!!
Shoot Hoops And Not Troops And All That !!!

I guess it would be silly to ASK, again, that those who continually condemn, criticize and complain FINALLY produce a similar video? Where they're making the shots ... where the ball goes in. That would be silly. Deservedly So :D

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fOX0c-4UnXU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="340" height="280"></embed>
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:30 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:but when I make a wittier parody of Bob's thread it is classless??


What we (I'm talking for myself only, pest, but I'm pretty sure migya thinks the same) don't like is the timing.

If you had made this thread at any other moment, you'd get a round of applause, but you did it right after another discussion between Bob and #32. That makes it look malicious... at least to me. And that's the reason I don't like it and think poorly of it. The only reason.

Anyway, and as I've said before, that's just me. I don't want to get into a discussion about it. It's just an opinion, after all.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:21 pm
Location: Menlo Park, California
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:45 pm
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:but when I make a wittier parody of Bob's thread it is classless??


What we (I'm talking for myself only, pest, but I'm pretty sure migya thinks the same) don't like is the timing.

If you had made this thread at any other moment, you'd get a round of applause, but you did it right after another discussion between Bob and #32. That makes it look malicious... at least to me. And that's the reason I don't like it and think poorly of it. The only reason.

Anyway, and as I've said before, that's just me. I don't want to get into a discussion about it. It's just an opinion, after all.


Well. Opinions are all we have up in this one. #32 criticizing Bob's thread doesn't make Pest's thread malicious. It makes it relevant. Bob's thread. (and I'm proud to say that I don't care for it, but it doesn't bother me because I just exercise my power not to read it) is begging for a satire like this. I think almost everyone (including Bob apparantly) found this to be kinda funny and not a personal attack. I think if Pest wanted to be malicious he could have come up with something better but he's too classy a guy to do that.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:50 pm
cladden wrote:
TMC wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:but when I make a wittier parody of Bob's thread it is classless??


What we (I'm talking for myself only, pest, but I'm pretty sure migya thinks the same) don't like is the timing.

If you had made this thread at any other moment, you'd get a round of applause, but you did it right after another discussion between Bob and #32. That makes it look malicious... at least to me. And that's the reason I don't like it and think poorly of it. The only reason.

Anyway, and as I've said before, that's just me. I don't want to get into a discussion about it. It's just an opinion, after all.


Well. Opinions are all we have up in this one. #32 criticizing Bob's thread doesn't make Pest's thread malicious. It makes it relevant. Bob's thread. (and I'm proud to say that I don't care for it, but it doesn't bother me because I just exercise my power not to read it) is begging for a satire like this. I think almost everyone (including Bob apparantly) found this to be kinda funny and not a personal attack. I think if Pest wanted to be malicious he could have come up with something better but he's too classy a guy to do that.

what he said
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron