Game Thread: Boston Celtics @ Warriors 2006-12-29

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors sweep the season series against the Celtics?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:14 pm

YES
15
100%
NO
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 15


All Star
Posts: 1103
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:45 am
Location: Union City, CA
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:14 pm
Boston Celtics (10-17) @ Golden State Warriors (15-15)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Oracle Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Mickael Pietrus
PF - Matt Barnes
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Boston Celtics
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Delonte West
SG - Tony Allen
SF - Ryan Gomes
PF - Gerald Green
C - Al Jefferson

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (21.3) | P. Pierce (26.6)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.0) | A. Jefferson (9.2)
APG - B. Davis (8.3) | P. Pierce (4.3)
SPG - B. Davis (2.1) | R. Rondo (1.0)
BPG - A. Biedrins (2.1) | K. Perkins (1.9)
Last edited by krome on Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:30 am
This game should be just like the Sixers one. Though we have seen the Warriors fall to foes even without the star. But in the end, the Warriors are a much better team at home so this should be a lock.

Warriors win by (insert big number here).
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:32 am
Yep... Dubs by 10+
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:15 am
Ws should trounce them - by 17
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21443
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:05 am
This should be a win for the team but I like the youth lineup of the Celts (though they have no choice with injuries to Pierce and Wally). I'd like to see Green in action, I reckon he must be TMac like. I'd take any of the following on our team - Jefferson, Delonte, Green and Allen. Those young guys could be real good
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:39 am
The Celtics will try to get revenge from the loss at home... but won't find it here.

W's by 15 (and this may be the biggest win margin I've given the W's in the whole season)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:21 pm
Location: Menlo Park, California
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:11 pm
W by 23. Celts without Pierce is like wine without alcohol.

Rookie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:01 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:02 pm
no pierce no problem

warriors by 10+
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Alameda
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:41 pm
W's should beat them easy.

Does anyone know the results of Ellis' MRI on Tuesday morning? They have him listed day to day but I was curious as to any further insight on the injury.

All Star
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:43 pm
Location: Union City/Torrance, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:20 pm
They should win this EASILY.

That is what worries me....
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:28 pm
Well, I thought the Sonics game was a chip shot without Ray Allen. I guess I won't be so cocky this time...

Warriors by a million.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

Role Player
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: Fremont
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:30 pm
Thunder wrote:W's should beat them easy.

Does anyone know the results of Ellis' MRI on Tuesday morning? They have him listed day to day but I was curious as to any further insight on the injury.


Ya no structural damage should be back soon.

We just beat them on the road with pierce why shouldnt we beat them at home without him?

Warriors by 10+
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:55 pm
Dubs4life wrote:We just beat them on the road with pierce why shouldnt we beat them at home without him?


Cause they're the Warriors...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:05 am
migya wrote:This should be a win for the team but I like the youth lineup of the Celts (though they have no choice with injuries to Pierce and Wally). I'd like to see Green in action, I reckon he must be TMac like. I'd take any of the following on our team - Jefferson, Delonte, Green and Allen. Those young guys could be real good

why must he be tmac like? how many games of his have you watched that you are basing this on?

I think celts win 169-147 and Green scores 100
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21443
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:46 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:This should be a win for the team but I like the youth lineup of the Celts (though they have no choice with injuries to Pierce and Wally). I'd like to see Green in action, I reckon he must be TMac like. I'd take any of the following on our team - Jefferson, Delonte, Green and Allen. Those young guys could be real good

why must he be tmac like? how many games of his have you watched that you are basing this on?

I think celts win 169-147 and Green scores 100



Good to see the maturity of some of the men on here!

I have not seen a full game yet but parts of some and highlights of him BUT the stats show that he has a good three point shot (as he hit 5 today and scored 17 points) and noone saw much three point shooting from him before he was drafted but saw pretty much everything else. I am going by what has been said about the guy and the footage I have seen. He may end up being nothing but he has been very good lately at least.





*What I meant by the first line of my post is that the recent spat and attitude accompanying it is carrying over and it is obvious! Time to get back to proper conversation!
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron