Game Thread: Philadelphia 76ers @ Warriors 2006-12-26

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors beat the Iversonless 76ers?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:56 pm

YES
85%
NO
15%

Total votes : 13

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:50 pm
The game was over a few minutes ago and yet Baron, JRich, Pietrus, Barnes and Biedrins (the main players right now) have played so many minutes! Nelson should have got them out of there by now

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:19 am
I was there... Seeing the AI-less Sixers and going to see the Paul Pierce-less Celtics...b
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:28 am
This game was over from the start. The Sixers were never in it, they lacked the fundamental skills, and were just lost many times. The Warriors got the much needed, and heavily expected win. Great to see Baron, once again, put on the all star performance he has all year so far. And of course, Matt Barnes putting on a clinic from beyond the arc.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:14 am
coltraning wrote:Ws win by 13,

Ike scores 11 points in 13 minutes and sits the rest of the game

I was close - Ws win by 19 and Ike gets 13 in 17 minutes :D :mrgreen:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:09 am
coltraning wrote:

Yea no shiit! Diogu gets a few rebounds, two blocks and scores well in short minute again! :evil:

WHY SUCH FEW MINUTES!

Baron MUST be allstar this season! Only Nash can be said to be a better PG in the West right now!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:22 am
migya wrote:Baron MUST be allstar this season! Only Nash can be said to be a better PG in the West right now!

yeah, well there's this pesky iverson fellow......

No way baron makes the allstar team.

Kobe and Tmac are probably starting

AI and Nash are probably coming off the bench

Yao and Amare are probably playing center

Dirk, KG, Carmelo, and duncan should get forward spots

That means Baron has to contend with Marion, Boozer, Ginobili, Parker, Randolph, Allen, Brand, and Paul for the final two spots

now I'm not saying all those guys are better than him but do you really think that he'll be one of the best two out of those eight? I doubt it.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:10 am
I forgot that Iverson fellow was now playing in the West :) That fuks it for Baron probably!

Yao is injured and might be for the allstar game so Baron may have a great chance still. It will come down to the coaches voting and they would likely go for Baron over Paul because Baron has done a fair bit better so far and his team has won more

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:49 am
migya wrote:I forgot that Iverson fellow was now playing in the West :) That fuks it for Baron probably!

Yao is injured and might be for the allstar game so Baron may have a great chance still. It will come down to the coaches voting and they would likely go for Baron over Paul because Baron has done a fair bit better so far and his team has won more

I'm pretty sure there won't be a Warrior at the All Star game. Baron had the best chance, but he won't make it. There's not room for everybody.

btw, how are we going to re-sign Barnes after this season?... because he's being our second best player after Baron. He's making himself a sh*tload of money for the next season.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:42 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I forgot that Iverson fellow was now playing in the West :) That fuks it for Baron probably!

I'm pretty sure there won't be a Warrior at the All Star game. Baron had the best chance, but he won't make it. There's not room for everybody.

btw, how are we going to re-sign Barnes after this season?... because he's being our second best player after Baron. He's making himself a sh*tload of money for the next season.

Looks like Baron will find it tough but he has been sensational and a top 15 player this season I reckon.

Barnes is definately VALUABLE so far this season as he has been the difference between a few wins being losses. Really will be a tough job for Mullin this offseason

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:34 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:

Yea no shiit! Diogu gets a few rebounds, two blocks and scores well in short minute again! :evil:

WHY SUCH FEW MINUTES!

In fairness, Barnes is playing the 4 and had a monster game. Still, Barnes is a more natural 3 (he sure has the range), so how about a lineup of BD, JRich or Monta, Barnes, Ike and Biedrins?

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:49 am
coltraning wrote:In fairness, Barnes is playing the 4 and had a monster game. Still, Barnes is a more natural 3 (he sure has the range), so how about a lineup of BD, JRich or Monta, Barnes, Ike and Biedrins?

That's the lineup that should be playing more minutes. Now try talking Nellie into that...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:15 pm
Barnes got his revenge showing up his former team that never played him. He had a monster game behind the arc. What was Jim O'Brien thinkin' when he had this guy on this team?

And about Iverson. He has contributed well. After asking permission from George Karl to shoot more, he still was able to dish out those dimes. So far in his two games with the Nuggets, he's had 10+ assists with his 20+ points. The question is, will he continue to do so? And if he keeps up this play, Baron's chance at the all star game will fade even with the tremendous play he's put up.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:22 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Barnes got his revenge showing up his former team that never played him. He had a monster game behind the arc. What was Jim O'Brien thinkin' when he had this guy on this team?

And about Iverson. He has contributed well. After asking permission from George Karl to shoot more, he still was able to dish out those dimes. So far in his two games with the Nuggets, he's had 10+ assists with his 20+ points. The question is, will he continue to do so? And if he keeps up this play, Baron's chance at the all star game will fade even with the tremendous play he's put up.

Iverson has been sensational and he might just save the Nugs from what would have been certain failure over the next month

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:39 pm
A lot depends on the Ws record. If they go 16-10 in the 26 games before the all-star game (certainly doable, looking at their opponents) it will be in large part due to Baron's all-star level play. The Ws will then be 31-25, and it would be pretty hard to keep him out of a spot.

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:27 pm
Amazing game!

Matt Barnes is gonna get HELLA paid after this year. If you guys think the Warriors will be able to keep a guy shooting 45% from the arc, you're crazy. Shooters are very coveted in this league.

Even if this season turns out to be just a fling and Barnes never plays this well again, I'll bet anything that he's getting paid very well this summer. Probably by another team.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads