All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:12 pm
Excelent post coltraining :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:09 pm
Im not feeling sorry for Dunleavy because hes a minority for once. Im feeling sorry for Dunleavy because of all the deragatory remarks and names hes called. Its not warranted.

Dislike the guy, but have some respect.

Im sorry you get overlooked for a promotion at your job, but I doubt people are online making up sound alike names.

As for "getting my face smashed in" as Migya mentioned, your right..and Ill leave it at that.

Trolloc
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:52 am
Trolloc wrote:Im not feeling sorry for Dunleavy because hes a minority for once. Im feeling sorry for Dunleavy because of all the deragatory remarks and names hes called. Its not warranted.

Dislike the guy, but have some respect.

Im sorry you get overlooked for a promotion at your job, but I doubt people are online making up sound alike names.

As for "getting my face smashed in" as Migya mentioned, your right..and Ill leave it at that.

Trolloc

Firstly, dun gets trashed because he plays like trash, so it is deserving, if anyone is to get trasehed, it is him.

Where did I say you would get smashed?

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:10 am
Great post coltraining. Warrior fans have a right to boo anyone on the team. I'm a big Dallas Cowboy fan and i hate T.O., and he's a brother. I would take Dun over T.O. any day. I hate T.O. because he drops to many passes, don't want to go a cross the middle, and destroy teams chemistry. So, trolloc, remember when we say hate, we mean it in a sporting sense.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:17 pm
Sorry Migya, it was Aletha33 that said the smashed part. My misquote.

Anyway, I dont want to dwell on the negative and I dont want to get into a discussion that leads this forum into debating racism. That wasnt my intention.

I only felt that I had seen inconsistancy in the way Dunleavy was being betrayed as compared to some other players who have been dissapointing. But in hindsight the critism of Dunleavy has been consistant on this forum, so Ill live and let live.

Basketball should be about entertainment, so Ill take the comments with a grain of salt. Thanks for the replies and have a good holidays.

Trolloc
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:49 pm
Nice name

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:25 pm
Thanks

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:33 pm
coltraning wrote:...As to the original post, I agree that it is offensive and racist to say "don't put the white boy in". What they should say is "don't put dunleavy in"! After watching him be cossetted, overpaid and overminuted for 4 plus years, I just think many fans are fresh out of benefit of the doubt. Esp. when someone like Ike can't buy a minute on this team. Probably the healthiest thing for all concerned would be for Dun to go play for his pops on the clippers.

Good points; however, Ike does not get time because he does not fit into Nelson's system, much the same way that Jalen Rose did not get any time while playing for Larry Brown in Indiana.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:18 pm
uptempo wrote:
coltraning wrote:...As to the original post, I agree that it is offensive and racist to say "don't put the white boy in". What they should say is "don't put dunleavy in"! After watching him be cossetted, overpaid and overminuted for 4 plus years, I just think many fans are fresh out of benefit of the doubt. Esp. when someone like Ike can't buy a minute on this team. Probably the healthiest thing for all concerned would be for Dun to go play for his pops on the clippers.

Good points; however, Ike does not get time because he does not fit into Nelson's system, much the same way that Jalen Rose did not get any time while playing for Larry Brown in Indiana.

I agree with uptempo. I have been saying this all along. Diogu has that bastard size. Not big enough for a 4 or 5, not quick enough for a 3. There are very few Charles Barkleys in the world.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:27 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:
uptempo wrote:

I agree with uptempo. I have been saying this all along. Diogu has that bastard size. Not big enough for a 4 or 5, not quick enough for a 3. There are very few Charles Barkleys in the world.

Yet Diogu is one of them in the sense that he can score at will in the post! Diogu is showing again in today'd game that can be effective in few minutes

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:30 am
True. He can score and he can rebound decently and block an occasional shot. That's all we need from him and he's giving us that. As long as he produces, I don't care about his size.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:11 am
migya wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:
uptempo wrote:

Yet Diogu is one of them in the sense that he can score at will in the post! Diogu is showing again in today'd game that can be effective in few minutes

yeah, I am not sure I am feeling you, Reggie L on the bastard size. Ike has a huge wingspan, and he is 1 inch shorter than Brand - another majorly productive outing tonight: 13 points, 4 boards, 2 blocks and zero turnovers in 17 minutes
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:56 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:
uptempo wrote:

yeah, I am not sure I am feeling you, Reggie L on the bastard size. Ike has a huge wingspan, and he is 1 inch shorter than Brand - another majorly productive outing tonight: 13 points, 4 boards, 2 blocks and zero turnovers in 17 minutes

That's it! Diogu is 6ft 8in, not that small at all and his big build and wingspan make him ideal for a PF!

Again, Diogu is productive but gets fukall minutes! It realy does seem like Nelson doesn't like the guy

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:58 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:I have been saying this all along. Diogu has that bastard size. Not big enough for a 4 or 5, not quick enough for a 3. There are very few Charles Barkleys in the world.

If Ike were a bit taller, he wouldn't have been available at #9. Size played a role in his draft, and is a genuine concern... but as long as he can produce (and he does every time he plays, at least on offense), I'm ok with him.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:03 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:[quote="Trolloc"
Ive been to numerous games and Im sick of the " dont put the white guy in the game" comments coming from the fans around me...its just f*cking lame.

Cant imagine what the crowd around me would do if i said the same about a black player.

Trolloc

Are you feeling sorry for Dunleavy because he is a minority for once in his life? I'm the only black at my job and cannnot get promoted because I don't project the corporate image. Feel sorry for me, I'm not a multi-millionaire like Mikey. So let's don't start with the white boy crap again. It has nothing to do with his race. He's just not very good. Even a blind pig finds an acorn every now and then.

I hate Dunleavy the same way I hated Johnny LeMaster on the Giants years ago. I hate the way we HAVE TO play him to justify his #3 selection. I hate his new contract. I hate the way he always try to take a charging foul instead of playing defense. I hate the way he rags on his team mates. I hate we traded Antawn Jamison so Mikey could start. I hate the Barnett and Fitzgerald kisses his ass all the time.[/quote]

I can relate to your hate for Dun but taking charges is just about the only thing he's good at. He's so frail that his charges look really realistic. In my book that's his number one skill. :-)

I find it hilarious how Fitz struggles to keep his stance on the charging rule while still defending Dun in every way.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball