What's BD's vertical leap now?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:24 pm
Alright so ever since I saw Baron at UCLA I wanted him on the Warriors. Point guards with 42 inch verticals that can throw in a centers face are something to behold. Since we traded for him however, I haven't seen those monster jams very much. I know he's had some knee injurys and now his vertical isn't as good as it once was, but I was wondering how good you guys think it is now. i'm guessing he's down to about 35 or 36, but i'd love to think he will be back to old times someday
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:41 pm
The guy looks like he has a decent leap but it is JRich and Pietrus that have huge leaps!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:19 pm
I think Baron can still get UP to 42 inches... but coming back down on those surgically repaired knee's is the hard part.

You guys gotta remember; in most cases, getting up there isn't the problem... its coming down that hurts. Players like Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Dominique Wilkins, and Larry Johnson were all quoted saying that they avoided dunking as often (or as high) because of the shockwave that went through their legs, back, ect when they came down.

With that in mind... I've seen Baron get up pretty damn high since coming to Golden State (his 180 ally-oop from Mike Dunleavy a season and a half ago stands out), but I'd attribute the fact that he doesn't do it as OFTEN anymore because his knee's are probably a bit wobblier after all that work.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:20 pm
I'm not sure about 42". That's what stevie franchise does. But he has ups for sure
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:52 pm
Oh, I was purely going off the original poster. I have no idea how high Baron Davis' verticle is. But I think he's just as springy today as he was in Charlotte.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Return to Warriors Basketball