Fitzgerald - Dunleavy Interview

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:52 pm
No "mod" migya that is reality that you choose to ignore and be insensitive about, I wasn't going to let your negligent usage of the word go ignored but obviously you are not a stand up individual who will accept responsibility for your behavior and lack of respect for others, I actually am surprised that you don't have a clue and continued with your ignorance instead of realizing how disrespectful your usage of the word actually is, especially with other board members other than me informing you of this, but sadly I guess it was just a waste of time :banghead:
Props to Dino for speaking up on what he felt was a disrespectful slur that Reginald said, and props to Reginald for being a man of character recognizing and apologizing for It :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:17 am
I never posted anything that was purposely offensive!!!!

Give me a post of mine in this thread where I did

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:24 am
Whether on purpose or not is not the issue, just the fact that It is offensive and your refusal to respect and acknowledge that makes it even more offensive :!:

Notice I haven't called you a racist but the slurs you have used are racist slurs, think about that and hopefully you will realize it ain't cool + you are a mod here :!:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:01 am
I will say that I know that many gays have adopted the F-word and appreciate anti-gay jokes as hilarous thus taking the power out of them. I am not saying that the same thing has happened to the N-word (or that it should) but it is a tactic used successfully in the past to steal someone's thunder. Another example is the skinhead look being adopted by non-nazi groups. I am sure there are black people that are socially conscious about using the N-word. Aaron McGruder and Dave Chapelle are examples and I don't think anyone would accuse them of not being aware of its undertones.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:15 am
cladden wrote:I will say that I know that many gays have adopted the F-word and appreciate anti-gay jokes as hilarous thus taking the power out of them. I am not saying that the same thing has happened to the N-word (or that it should) but it is a tactic used successfully in the past to steal someone's thunder. Another example is the skinhead look being adopted by non-nazi groups. I am sure there are black people that are socially conscious about using the N-word. Aaron McGruder and Dave Chapelle are examples and I don't think anyone would accuse them of not being aware of its undertones.

Some people just get into the "it's so big it's like a dynasty" mentality and don't see through it.

The N word, as it is put, is not socially acceptable but neither is words like arsehole and shiithed, though looked on as more extreme

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:05 am
There is no comparison between those words, DELETE this thread it was useless :roll:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:03 pm
O.G. broe wrote:There is no comparison between those words, DELETE this thread it was useless :roll:

Then stay out of it and stop responding!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:27 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:
John Patrick wrote:The Shaq/ape reference is uncalled for and insulting in the sense that blacks have been portrayed as apes or decendants of apes.

What is REALLY DEROGATORY is what Shaq REALLY LOOKS LIKE when he shoots a free throw.

What is REALLY DEROGATORY is his own comment that he'd rather xxxx and Miss ALL HIS FREETHROWS than shoot them underhand.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9bqa-Hw0TpY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="340" height="280"></embed>
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:17 am
Of course, we'd expect such a post from you Bob. But hey, can't go wrong with that.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball