Baron Lovin!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:03 pm
uptempo wrote:Baron is our point guard, and he is playing with an incomplete cast due to injuries.

During last night's game vs. the Celtics, Jason Richardson was obviously having a difficult evening getting his timing and shot back to Jason Richardson form. On one fast break late in the 4th quarter Baron had the opportunity to either take the ball in for a layup/dunk or to get the ball to Richardson. Due, mainly from what I saw, to a tough evening shooting by Richardson, Davis decided to take the ball strong to the basket. The shot missed, but Davis was fouled and went to the free throw line. If Richardson was at full form, I believe that Davis would have passed the ball back to Richardson for the finish.

When healthy, Baron and Richardson are a lethal combination. When running the break, this Warrior team can get the ball into the basket.

The offense runs thru Baron Davis, and the team is lucky that it does.

Get Baron Davis a healthy 2 guard and front court players that can run the pick and roll as well as hit the open 20 foot jump shot, and we will have one of the four best point guards (Nash, Billups, Arenas, and Davis) in the game.

We had both of them at the same time for many games last year and we sucked royally then too. Man, your memory is really short!
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:15 pm
jsw548 wrote:
uptempo wrote:Baron is our point guard, and he is playing with an incomplete cast due to injuries.

During last night's game vs. the Celtics, Jason Richardson was obviously having a difficult evening getting his timing and shot back to Jason Richardson form. On one fast break late in the 4th quarter Baron had the opportunity to either take the ball in for a layup/dunk or to get the ball to Richardson. Due, mainly from what I saw, to a tough evening shooting by Richardson, Davis decided to take the ball strong to the basket. The shot missed, but Davis was fouled and went to the free throw line. If Richardson was at full form, I believe that Davis would have passed the ball back to Richardson for the finish.

When healthy, Baron and Richardson are a lethal combination. When running the break, this Warrior team can get the ball into the basket.

Get Baron Davis a healthy 2 guard and front court players that can run the pick and roll as well as hit the open 20 foot jump shot, and we will have one of the four best point guards (Nash, Billups, Arenas, and Davis) in the game.

We had both of them at the same time for many games last year and we sucked royally then too. Man, your memory is really short!

JSW. uhhh, that was LAST YEAR. Last year we had monty. This year we have nelson. Last year is the past. This year is the present. Get that right first before you keep blaming Baron who by far is the MVP of this team.

Hes our one consistent player posting up excellent numbers keeping our team rolling despite injuries to murph, ike, jrich, and now apparently monta. If it wasn't for Baron's play thus far, i am quite sure we would be dead last in the pacific.

sidenote: love arenas since day 1. For those who want to see the beauty of an agressive shootfirst PG - its Arenas. And i wouldnt mind at all if Baron started to be even more aggressive. I would however, take Billups out of that top 4 and replace him with JKidd. The man is having a great year playing like his old self.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:56 am
jsw548 wrote:
#32 wrote:I love it.

RIGHT after people bash the crap out of Baron, they backtrack and act like they've never had any gripes about him. Perfect comedic timing. ::lol:

I've never backtracked in my gripes about Baron. I just get tired of Athena 69 carrying around Baron's jockstrap on this board. It gets old.

was 'athena 69' supposed to make us snicker? that was...mm...sad.

holding his jockstrap? naw...just trying to educate you clueless basketball "aficionados" who have problems evaluating players accurately...

but hey, you're probably a huge dun fan right? you're heart broken cuz murph's not in the lineup yes? shedding tears for foyle??

figures....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:58 am

:D Well said, uptempo!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball