Game Thread: Warriors @ Orlando Magic 2006-12-22

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Do the Warriors have enough to stop Howard and the Magic?

YES
75%
NO
25%

Total votes : 8

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:29 pm
Golden State Warriors (13-14) @ Orlando Magic (17-10)

Start time 4:00 PM PST @ The Amway Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Matt Barnes
PF - Mickael Pietrus
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Orlando Magic
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Carlos Arroyo
SG - Grant Hill
SF - Trevor Ariza
PF - Tony Battie
C - Dwight Howard

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (20.6) | D. Howard (17.1)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.4) | D. Howard (12.7)
APG - B. Davis (8.5) | J. Nelson (4.0)
SPG - B. Davis (2.0) | G. Hill (1.3)
BPG - A. Biedrins (2.3) | D. Howard (1.9)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:55 pm
THe team could win this one but things have to be clicking offensively and Dwight can't have a huge game like I reckon he will. Guys like Arroyo shouldn't go off either but likely will.

Magic by 8

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:08 pm
I always have a lot of confidence in the warriors when going against tough opponents, sometimes they can do very well.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:40 pm
Not to be nit-picky, krome, but I believe Barnes starts at PF and Pietrus is at SF. :wink:

If Chris Paul could shove it down Dwight Howard's throat, I wonder what Jason Richardson or Mickael Pietrus are fixing to do...

Warriors carry over the momentum and beat the Magic by 5 or less.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:07 am
Hey #32--in your signature, why is Patrick O'Bryant part of the future of the Warriors,while Biedrins is not?

:roll:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:55 am
Stop Howard and the Magic?. Hell, no... but I wonder if they have enough to stop us.

W's by 2.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:10 am
It will be great to see how Biedrins plays against Howard - also Ike may need to bang with the big sucker too. I think Howard is going to be the best big man in the league in a couple years.
JRich will have the breakoput game we've been waiting for, Baron will go for 20 and 10 and get some bench time as Monta plays well against Orlando's weak perimeter defense.
Warriors by 5!
11 years of no playoffs and counting...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:54 pm
sleepyfloyd wrote:JRich will have the breakoput game we've been waiting for

JRich could really be the difference and if he has a good game, I don't think the Magic have anyone to match him

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:10 pm
Elemental wrote:Hey #32--in your signature, why is Patrick O'Bryant part of the future of the Warriors,while Biedrins is not?

Because we all know the chef will be a superstar
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:30 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
Elemental wrote:Hey #32--in your signature, why is Patrick O'Bryant part of the future of the Warriors,while Biedrins is not?

i heard pob makes a vicious apple pie...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:33 pm
The Magic are a tough team. They're one of the best in that horrible conference we know as the East. The way the Warriors have been playing, it's hard to predict. My only hope is that they don't let Howard go off on them.

Warriors win... in a sloppy fashion.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:48 pm

First of all, because I'm not sure we'll be able to resign Biedrins (ALL the Bay Area fans are creaming over Monta, so I'll bet the office will cave and give HIM the contract that Andris deserves).

Secondly, because I liked picking him up in the draft. I think he's a quick learner, a legit 7-footer who can block shots, plus his offensive game is already pretty decent.

I know many, MANY fans in the Bay don't think anything of him yet (even though most of them have never seen him play :roll:), but don't take my word for it: Don Nelson's been quoted saying Golden State's future rides on Patrick O'Bryant.

Give the kid 2 seasons. By his 3rd, I'm betting he'll be a beast. Not a superstar, but at least as good as Biedrins.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:00 pm
#32 wrote:

First of all, because I'm not sure we'll be able to resign Biedrins (ALL the Bay Area fans are creaming over Monta, so I'll bet the office will cave and give HIM the contract that Andris deserves).

Secondly, because I liked picking him up in the draft. I think he's a quick learner, a legit 7-footer who can block shots, plus his offensive game is already pretty decent.

I know many, MANY fans in the Bay don't think anything of him yet (even though most of them have never seen him play :roll:), but don't take my word for it: Don Nelson's been quoted saying Golden State's future rides on Patrick O'Bryant.

Give the kid 2 seasons. By his 3rd, I'm betting he'll be a beast. Not a superstar, but at least as good as Biedrins.

I'll make that bet, but how do I collect? I'm still waiting for my $100 from JSW :mrgreen:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:48 pm
d1mex wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:

i heard pob makes a vicious apple pie...

HAHAHAHA :mrgreen:

His mudcake is probably made from real mud

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:39 am
coltraning wrote:
#32 wrote:

I'll make that bet, but how do I collect? I'm still waiting for my $100 from JSW :mrgreen:

If we're still talking on this forum in 3 years, I seriously doubt we'll remember this bet.
Next

Return to Game Threads