WHY DO THE WARRIORS ONLY RUN FOR 3 QUARTERS?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:56 pm
i'm sure all of you fans have noticed this disgustingly annoying trend...the warriors are not only "in" every ball game, they usually dominate the first 3 quarters...they run, run, run...even on made baskets, they push it back in the other team's face...THEN, FOR NO FUCKIN REASON, THE TEAM DIES IN THE 4th...its fuckin halfcourt set after shitty halfcourt set...it's as if someone slipped the entire warriors team a ruphie! WE ARE NOT A HALFCOURT TEAM! We cannot win games that way...we have to play like phoenix...we have to keep running!

what bothers me is...once we start to blow our leads and we keep walkin the ball up the court...why doesnt NELLY call a timeout and dig into these motherfuckers??? he should be telling them, specifically, STOP FUCKIN WALKING!!! RUN THE GODDAM BALL!!!!!!

WHAT THE ****!

its not that hard to figure out! even fuckin bob and jim have been pointin this **** out for a while now...gimme a break! FUCKIN RUN!
CHRIS MULLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:02 am
The only thing I'm wondering is why "****" is okay to say on the forum... but "****" still gets censored out. :scratch:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 am
cause its the warriors, they do good for 3 quarters and score like 12 points in one of the four total quarters in a game

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:42 am
#32 wrote:The only thing I'm wondering is why "****" is okay to say on the forum... but "****" still gets censored out. :scratch:

I saw a story where a drill sargeant used "****" and all the derivitives as every part of speech like dangling modifiers or whatever. It was really funny.

So, if "****" was banned, nobody would be able to write anything and all communication would disappear and civilization would collapse.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:02 am
carlgo wrote:So, if "****" was banned, nobody would be able to write anything and all communication would disappear and civilization would collapse.

Yep... we can safely assume that "****" is the origin of civilization. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:01 am
chrismullin17gs wrote:i'm sure all of you fans have noticed this disgustingly annoying trend...the warriors are not only "in" every ball game, they usually dominate the first 3 quarters...they run, run, run...even on made baskets, they push it back in the other team's face...THEN, FOR NO FUCKIN REASON, THE TEAM DIES IN THE 4th...its fuckin halfcourt set after shitty halfcourt set...it's as if someone slipped the entire warriors team a ruphie! WE ARE NOT A HALFCOURT TEAM! We cannot win games that way...we have to play like phoenix...we have to keep running!

what bothers me is...once we start to blow our leads and we keep walkin the ball up the court...why doesnt NELLY call a timeout and dig into these motherfuckers??? he should be telling them, specifically, STOP FUCKIN WALKING!!! RUN THE GODDAM BALL!!!!!!

WHAT THE ****!

its not that hard to figure out! even fuckin bob and jim have been pointin this **** out for a while now...gimme a break! FUCKIN RUN!

you can't possibly think "running" is that easy can you??

for one, in any closely contested game, the 4th quarter always comes down to half-court sets. both defensive and offensive intensity increases.
that's the NBA way - pace yourself for 3 quarters, go for the kill in the 4th.

we walk the ball up the court because that's what you do as a point guard when your team gives up buckets...

and given that the warriors can't stop people consistently, you can't run much off made baskets...maybe what, 3 to 4 games throughout the entire game can you get a fast break going after a basket.

you can't outlet defensive rebounds when there aren't any available.

you can't run when opponents crash the offensive glass at will against our overly used zone and get 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances to score (& usually do)

you can't run a break the way BD does when monta gets the ball...

you can't run if you don't get as many steals - the offense will tend to take care of the ball more. just think of how we've lost so many games on the road...

it's OUR inability to protect the ball (see Monta) that ignites the opposing teams fast breaks. why and how do you think we've been giving up leads? and giving them up quickly?

opposing teams key on BD when we finally DO get a chance to run as soon as he receives the outlet, hoping to become obstacles to slow him down.

notice we didn't run much in the 4th quarter vs boston b/c BD was being double teamed at our end...to deny or make it most difficult to get the ball?

it's funny how you think our lack of "running" is the reason we're losing...when it's actually the opposing team's ability TO run in the 4th that's killing us.

THAAAT is why we don't (CAN'T is more appropriate) run...

you give us a true presence inside that can clean up the glass like a man (NOT murph) and reject shots, you will see us "run" more in the 4th.

p.s.
****... oh ya huh?

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:34 am
your theory seems a bit flawed to me...YES I THINK IT'S EASY TO RUN!!!!!....ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE PLAYING SMALL BALL WITH NELLY AND ALL OF YOUR PLAYERS ARE IN SHAPE AND MUCH FASTER THAN THE OTHER TEAM! THAT IS THE ENTIRE OBJECTIVE OF NELSON'S SYSTEM THIS YEAR IS IT NOT? nelson's defense is his offense...

if it's so hard to run, how come we do it for 3 quarters in a row without any problem? it's not as if the other team just lets us run for 36 minutes and then says, "HEY, I THINK I'LL PLAY DEFENSE NOW"

gimme a break...we don't need a big man to run...that is counterintuitive at best...biedrins is a perfect big for our team...he's quick and athletic for his size, just like nearly all of our players...WHICH IS WHY WE SHOULD RUN!

look at phoenix...they are just as small as us...they get outrebounded A LOT just like we do...but they WIN!!!! BECUZ THEY FUCKIN RUN!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:42 pm
TMC wrote:
carlgo wrote:So, if "****" was banned, nobody would be able to write anything and all communication would disappear and civilization would collapse.

Yep... we can safely assume that "****" is the origin of civilization. :mrgreen:

More to the point FUKING! :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:48 am
clearly you don't get it...my theory is anything but flawed...if "running" is as simple as you say it is - like turning on a switch, then WHY don't they do it? if you read my post, the answer lies within. IT AIN'T THAT SIMPLE.

chrismullin17gs wrote:if it's so hard to run, how come we do it for 3 quarters in a row without any problem? it's not as if the other team just lets us run for 36 minutes and then says, "HEY, I THINK I'LL PLAY DEFENSE NOW"

you seriously think nba players play full tilt for 4 quarters?? are you fricken serious? you think these prima donnas take EVERY defensive possession as if it were the last play of the game? oh dear... you gotta be a young 'en. you acutally have one fact correct without knowing it - as i said before, 4th quarter intensity does increase whether you believe it or are aware of it...

chrismullin17gs wrote:ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE PLAYING SMALL BALL WITH NELLY AND ALL OF YOUR PLAYERS ARE IN SHAPE AND MUCH FASTER THAN THE OTHER TEAM! THAT IS THE ENTIRE OBJECTIVE OF NELSON'S SYSTEM THIS YEAR IS IT NOT? nelson's defense is his offense...

nelson's defense is his offense...is that something you came up with yourself? or are you regurgitating someone else's word? much faster eh? again, answer the question: how do you run consistently when you don't control the defensive boards and you get scored upon?? how?? we're not talking about 5 iverson's vs 5 shaqs here...you can't run whenever you want...

either you're the smartest coach w/o an NBA job, or YOUR theories flawed...except you don't have much of a theory...

"Yah, run cuz...um...we should..and um..cuz phoenix does" is that it?

chrismullin17gs wrote:look at phoenix...they are just as small as us...they get outrebounded A LOT just like we do...but they WIN!!!! BECUZ THEY FUCKIN RUN!

ya LOOK at phoenix...i'm stifled here...i can't believe you're really comparing the suns to the warriors...LOL. I won't even respond to this b/c, well, the answer's pretty obvious.

chrismullin17gs wrote:gimme a break...we don't need a big man to run...that is counterintuitive at best...biedrins is a perfect big for our team...he's quick and athletic for his size, just like nearly all of our players...WHICH IS WHY WE SHOULD RUN!

i see here that you in fact DO NOT read carefully...we need a big man to clear the boards, block some shots, change some shots, force the other team to miss...which will ignite our fast breaks...

not that we need a big man to run...

hey, do me a favor and read over my last post again - CAREFULLY - before you go rambling on again...
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:31 am
#32 wrote:The only thing I'm wondering is why "****" is okay to say on the forum... but "****" still gets censored out. :scratch:

yeah, that seems pretty fucked up to me :shock:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:42 am
coltraning wrote:

yeah, that seems pretty fucked up to me :shock:

That's happening since Hobbes created the private forum. Guess the software is a bit messed up about where it should be allowed.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:43 am
chrismullin17gs. This post goes clearly against the rules, and that behavior won't be allowed.

This goes for everybody. PMs are not controlled, but keep foul lenguage in the public sections of the board to a minimum. Thanks.

Edited by TMC
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:05 pm
Jesus Christ. :shock:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:52 pm
All of Mullins signing were to build a team to the liking of Coach Monty, who is now enjoying greener pastures. Unfortunately, we don't have the salary cap or the right matching pieces to build our own version of the Phoenix Suns. Their skilled players (Nash, Amare, Matrix and Boris) are very skilled at a much higher than any player on the Warrior squad not named BD. I don't know much about Cohan, but it will take several years to build a team that will fit the Nellie system, similar to rise and fall of the Fakers with Phillip. Of all the players Mullie signed, the only player contributing to our .500 record is the much maligned Dunleavy. Fisher is elsewhere, Richardon is hitting a miserable shooting percentage, Foyle is 10 Million bench warmer and Murphy is playing where's Waldo waiting for the Bulls to tire of PJ Brown and/or Big Ben. By the way, our former team (GSW East) is playing fantastic ball with Arenas and Jamison tourching the league. The Warriors sucks but I blame the leagues cap-economics more than our fairly poor GM. Basically, players like BD and AI can be had for cap space and the lottery system has loaded the Warriors system with underperforming and overpaid perimeter players. Overall, our team is very young and we are the "unofficial" NBADL for the other teams. It is just a manner of years before we see Biedrins, Pietrus and Ellis leading an Eastern Conference team to the playoffs because we couldn't unload Murphy, Foyle and Dunleavy.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:21 am
dareedle wrote: By the way, our former team (GSW East) is playing fantastic ball with Arenas and Jamison tourching the league.

sorry dude, but arenas is one of the biggest ball hogs i have ever seen. all he brings to the table is offense. doesn't make his teammates better...completely ball-dominant. your typical young player infatuated with scoring.

as for jamison, i still cringe when i watch him play...trust me, players like him are a dime a dozen. brings absolutely nothing special to the table.

honestly, glad the two are gone...
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball