Monta Ellis

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:24 pm
#32 wrote:HAHAHA, okay, colt. Internet psychology me. I've quoted Pest's EXACT words many times and commented on them, specifically. If that's "making something up", you got me.

I knew you couldn't stay out of the thread, 32. Let's hope we are all raving over the Ws thumping the Celts in a few hours :mrgreen:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:48 pm
coltraning wrote: the arguer makes up a proposition never offered by her opponent

Is that something like:
Her opponent is a bloke that has just bumped into her, she yells at him and then has her own proposition of taking his pants off, inserting his kok in her mouth and sucking away for half an hour.
That's not really a weak proposition :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:06 pm
I'd rather have monta in there, than say... Dunleavy?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:28 pm
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote: the arguer makes up a proposition never offered by her opponent

Is that something like:
Her opponent is a bloke that has just bumped into her, she yells at him and then has her own proposition of taking his pants off, inserting his kok in her mouth and sucking away for half an hour.

hmmm-never heard that one in my philosophy classes :roll:

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:56 pm
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

Is that something like:

Change classes then :)

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:44 pm
coltraning wrote:
#32 wrote:HAHAHA, okay, colt. Internet psychology me. I've quoted Pest's EXACT words many times and commented on them, specifically. If that's "making something up", you got me.

I knew you couldn't stay out of the thread, 32. Let's hope we are all raving over the Ws thumping the Celts in a few hours :mrgreen:

And I'll bet Baron had another horrible 4th, by your guy's standards, huh? :wink:

Give the man praise when he MAKES the shot... but if he'd have missed that last one with a minute left, I'd never hear the end of it from you guys. I like to give the man credit for WANTING to TAKE the shot; not simply making or missing it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:21 am
#32 wrote:
coltraning wrote:

And I'll bet Baron had another horrible 4th, by your guy's standards, huh? :wink:

Give the man praise when he MAKES the shot... but if he'd have missed that last one with a minute left, I'd never hear the end of it from you guys. I like to give the man credit for WANTING to TAKE the shot; not simply making or missing it.

nah...check out the game thread, 32. I gave Baron major props for tonight.

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:32 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

Is that something like:

I did... no wait, it wasn't in class. More like AFTER class, when you really learn useful things. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:10 am
TMC wrote:
aletha33 wrote:seriously, how can you guys blame one person for our losses?

You're getting it out of context. Nobody is blaming Baron (or any other) for our losses. Just for one bad quarter (which can't be refuted, as it happened that way)... Overall, everybody agrees he's been playing well this season. Everybody has ups and downs during the course of the season, even during the course of a game...

LOL..are you serious????

I'm not sure what version of the English language you follow...maybe it's 2.0??? but i can grab a quote or two that says people ARE blaming BD for loses...

shall i start with the list i noticed earlier??

1. BD
2. BD
3. ....

c'mon TMC, be real at least...that's embarassing
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:14 am
coltraning wrote:32, I gotta go with TMC on this, Pest's quotes are pretty clear - kinda feels like you are trying to pick a fight w/Pest where none exists, and I am not sure that the name-calling strengthens your case. You are a bright cat with strong opinions, like a lot of us. Speaking of which, a # of us bright cats with strong opinions have an issue with how Baron plays at the end of games, but I don't see anyone saying Baron doesn't have a huge # of positives. That's what is maddening about him. It's not like Foyle or Dung, who have limited skills. He has major skills when he chooses to use them. Esp. in the Jersey game, he played brilliantly for 3 quarters and then stupidly for one. What is SO frustrating about him is he demonstrates time and again the ability to be an amazing distributor and playmaker, and then something happens. I saw this again and again with him last year, and it seems to have resurfaced after this year's injury. I know Monta is also turnover prone, but they had so much success early with him handling and Baron roaming off the ball...I would like to see them get back to that. :?

it's called "monta's jump shot is not falling now"... and "monta can't drive to the left" that makes him totally easy to guard, a one-dimensional, drive only, out of control, predictable player..

but he'll adjust, then the rest of the league will adjust, then he'll adjust again, and in two to three years, we'll have a monster on our hands...

that's why we havent seem them 'get back to that'...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:14 am
aletha33 wrote:LOL..are you serious????

I'm not sure what version of the English language you follow...maybe it's 2.0??? but i can grab a quote or two that says people ARE blaming BD for loses...

1. BD
2. BD
3. ....

God, this is the same than pest and #32.

Pest was talking about one bad quarter, not the whole season. That list was the players to blame for the loss of that game, and only that game, and due to the way they (well, he) played in the last quarter.

If things are taken out of context, everyone is to blame for everything. But if you try reading all of Pest's post in this thread, you'll realize he was only talking about one period of just one game.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:19 am
TMC wrote:

1. BD
2. BD
3. ....

Pest was talking about one bad quarter, not the whole season. That list was the players to blame for the loss of that game, and only that game, and due to the way they (well, he) played in the last quarter.

If things are taken out of context, everyone is to blame for everything. But if you try reading all of Pest's post in this thread, you'll realize he was only talking about one period of just one game.

I agree, the strawman thing is getting tedious, bro. Nuance is a word in the English language, too.

ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:26 am
TMC wrote:

1. BD
2. BD
3. ....

um, and I'M referring to the same one quarter too in this case...BD WASN'T THE REASON WE DIDNT WIN THAT GAME.

that's what you all don't seem to understand...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:36 am
aletha33 wrote:um, and I'M referring to the same one quarter too in this case...BD WASN'T THE REASON WE DIDNT WIN THAT GAME.

But that's not what's being discussed here. You're all saying that, according to pest, Baron is the one to blame for our losses... and he said he's to blame for ONE loss. Just one.

If that's true or not is debatable (and I won't enter that fight, as I didn't see that game), but it's a different statement that the one you are discussing.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:41 am
TMC wrote:
aletha33 wrote:um, and I'M referring to the same one quarter too in this case...BD WASN'T THE REASON WE DIDNT WIN THAT GAME.

But that's not what's being discussed here. You're all saying that, according to pest, Baron is the one to blame for our losses... and he said he's to blame for ONE loss. Just one.

If that's true or not is debatable (and I won't enter that fight, as I didn't see that game), but it's a different statement that the one you are discussing.

uh, read my last post again bro...

TMC wrote:

come again??? i believe i'm on tangent here...you miiiight not be.

and my point being, IT AIN'T TRUE.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball