Baron Lovin!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Role Player
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:53 pm
Location: san francisco
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:16 am
Too much negativity on this board for Baron. The guy's our only consistent player this year and he is putting up all star numbers. Sure, he makes some bad choices at times and hogs the ball in the fourth - but he is who we thought he was!
Without Baron, considering the injuries and inconsistencies of the other players - we'd have maybe 7 wins! Dun has played well, but he lacks the talent or fire to carry a high school team. Obviously our young guys have played well in streches but not game in and game out. Like Don said - the guy is carrying this whole team this year. Now, if only the rest of the team showed up.
So, stop blaming losses on Baron, games are 48 minuites, not the last five.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:21 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:Too much negativity on this board for Baron. The guy's our only consistent player this year and he is putting up all star numbers. Sure, he makes some bad choices at times and hogs the ball in the fourth - but he is who we thought he was!
Without Baron, considering the injuries and inconsistencies of the other players - we'd have maybe 7 wins! Dun has played well, but he lacks the talent or fire to carry a high school team. Obviously our young guys have played well in streches but not game in and game out. Like Don said - the guy is carrying this whole team this year. Now, if only the rest of the team showed up.
So, stop blaming losses on Baron, games are 48 minuites, not the last five.


AMEN to that sh*t brutha...tired of these BD whiners...

sometimes i wish i could somehow take BD away from the warriors, let them play, oh say, 20 games without him, and see how they'd do.

those who appreciate BD and understand his value know the answer to this...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:21 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:So, stop blaming losses on Baron, games are 48 minuites, not the last five.


wtf is up with this sh*t?. Someone says Baron had ONE BAD QUARTER and now everybody goes ape sh*t about people blaming Baron.

You're making it seem like there are Baron hater's everywhere... I still have to read a post saying we'd be better without Baron this season. You're all chasing ghosts here.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:23 am
TMC wrote:
sleepyfloyd wrote:So, stop blaming losses on Baron, games are 48 minuites, not the last five.


wtf is up with this sh*t?. Someone says Baron had ONE BAD QUARTER and now everybody goes ape sh*t about people blaming Baron.

You're making it seem like there are Baron hater's everywhere... I still have to read a post saying we'd be better without Baron this season. You're all chasing ghosts here.


dude, all i've been reading is baron hogs, baron doesn't pass, people stand around, why doesn't he pass the ball, use the rest of the team, he shoots too many 3's, he shoots too many fadeaways, share the ball..

and it wasn't a reference to ONE QUARTER
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:26 am
yer either with us or against us about Baron...
Image
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:34 am
aletha33 wrote:
TMC wrote:
sleepyfloyd wrote:So, stop blaming losses on Baron, games are 48 minuites, not the last five.


wtf is up with this sh*t?. Someone says Baron had ONE BAD QUARTER and now everybody goes ape sh*t about people blaming Baron.

You're making it seem like there are Baron hater's everywhere... I still have to read a post saying we'd be better without Baron this season. You're all chasing ghosts here.


dude, all i've been reading is baron hogs, baron doesn't pass, people stand around, why doesn't he pass the ball, use the rest of the team, he shoots too many 3's, he shoots too many fadeaways, share the ball..

and it wasn't a reference to ONE QUARTER

This is yet another example of a strawman argument, defined as The arguer makes up a proposition never offered by his opponent (usually weaker than the true proposition) and then attacks it as if his opponent had offered that proposition. This is most common on Internet chat sites.

I am only going to try once here. It ABSOLUTELY was a discussion about 1 quarter. New Jersey specifically. Please go back and read the posts from about 7 different people on that. I'm not going to repost them for you, it's all in the Monta Ellis thread. If you still maintain that "all i've been reading is baron hogs, baron doesn't pass, people stand around, why doesn't he pass the ball, use the rest of the team, he shoots too many 3's, he shoots too many fadeaways, share the ball" then you are only reading what you want to read in order to create an argument no one is making.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:38 am
coltraning wrote:I am only going to try once here. It ABSOLUTELY was a discussion about 1 quarter. New Jersey specifically. Please go back and read the posts from about 7 different people on that. I'm not going to repost them for you, it's all in the Monta Ellis thread. If you still maintain that "all i've been reading is baron hogs, baron doesn't pass, people stand around, why doesn't he pass the ball, use the rest of the team, he shoots too many 3's, he shoots too many fadeaways, share the ball" then you are only reading what you want to read in order to create an argument no one is making.


Yep. Thanks, colt. You saved me the time to type all that. :wink:
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:39 am
coltraning wrote:
aletha33 wrote:
TMC wrote:
sleepyfloyd wrote:So, stop blaming losses on Baron, games are 48 minuites, not the last five.


wtf is up with this sh*t?. Someone says Baron had ONE BAD QUARTER and now everybody goes ape sh*t about people blaming Baron.

You're making it seem like there are Baron hater's everywhere... I still have to read a post saying we'd be better without Baron this season. You're all chasing ghosts here.


dude, all i've been reading is baron hogs, baron doesn't pass, people stand around, why doesn't he pass the ball, use the rest of the team, he shoots too many 3's, he shoots too many fadeaways, share the ball..

and it wasn't a reference to ONE QUARTER

This is yet another example of a strawman argument, defined as The arguer makes up a proposition never offered by his opponent (usually weaker than the true proposition) and then attacks it as if his opponent had offered that proposition. This is most common on Internet chat sites.

I am only going to try once here. It ABSOLUTELY was a discussion about 1 quarter. New Jersey specifically. Please go back and read the posts from about 7 different people on that. I'm not going to repost them for you, it's all in the Monta Ellis thread. If you still maintain that "all i've been reading is baron hogs, baron doesn't pass, people stand around, why doesn't he pass the ball, use the rest of the team, he shoots too many 3's, he shoots too many fadeaways, share the ball" then you are only reading what you want to read in order to create an argument no one is making.


LOL...

Uh, ok big guy...

a reference to ONE game, a reference to the ENTIRE season, those who blame BD for either are simply wrong..that's my point...

and as i said in another post, i can look through ALL posts and find quotes for what i stated that i've been reading...you can't seriously have the audacity to state that those opinions weren't added somewhere in this forum the last oh, two weeks..

and geez, you not reposting is such a huge loss for me...
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:51 am
aletha33 wrote:and as i said in another post, i can look through ALL posts and find quotes for what i stated that i've been reading...you can't seriously have the audacity to state that those opinions weren't added somewhere in this forum the last oh, two weeks..


Reminds me of "the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"
go ahead, alethea, you made the claim, where's your evidence? Find those WMD posts in the MONTA ELLIS thread, which is what weve all been arguing about and on. Just quote the posts fairly, not sliced and diced.
Image
anyway, I am done. You are going to believe whatever you are going to believe. You get the last word
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:54 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:54 am
coltraning wrote:
aletha33 wrote:and as i said in another post, i can look through ALL posts and find quotes for what i stated that i've been reading...you can't seriously have the audacity to state that those opinions weren't added somewhere in this forum the last oh, two weeks..


Reminds me of "the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"
go ahead, alethea, you made the claim, where's your evidence? Find those WMD posts. Just quote the posts fairly, not sliced and diced.
Image
anyway, I am done. You are going to believe whatever you are going to believe. You get the last word


haha...not a problem...im just amazed that you are denying the fact that people are saying these things...

but whatever...

selective reading i suppose...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:23 pm
I love it.

RIGHT after people bash the crap out of Baron, they backtrack and act like they've never had any gripes about him. Perfect comedic timing. ::lol:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:26 pm
I think all of this bias of BD is that we're losing games
This is the year

Starting Lineup
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:24 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:38 pm
#32 wrote:I love it.

RIGHT after people bash the crap out of Baron, they backtrack and act like they've never had any gripes about him. Perfect comedic timing. ::lol:


I've never backtracked in my gripes about Baron. I just get tired of Athena 69 carrying around Baron's jockstrap on this board. It gets old.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21449
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:40 pm
TMC wrote:
sleepyfloyd wrote:So, stop blaming losses on Baron, games are 48 minuites, not the last five.


wtf is up with this sh*t?. Someone says Baron had ONE BAD QUARTER and now everybody goes ape sh*t about people blaming Baron.

You're making it seem like there are Baron hater's everywhere... I still have to read a post saying we'd be better without Baron this season. You're all chasing ghosts here.



That was the attitude by pretty much everyone that has poosted on this. Baron is a vital player but his decision making in that Nets game and also in some other games IN THE 4TH QUARTER has been bad
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 2809
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:00 pm
Baron is our point guard, and he is playing with an incomplete cast due to injuries.

During last night's game vs. the Celtics, Jason Richardson was obviously having a difficult evening getting his timing and shot back to Jason Richardson form. On one fast break late in the 4th quarter Baron had the opportunity to either take the ball in for a layup/dunk or to get the ball to Richardson. Due, mainly from what I saw, to a tough evening shooting by Richardson, Davis decided to take the ball strong to the basket. The shot missed, but Davis was fouled and went to the free throw line. If Richardson was at full form, I believe that Davis would have passed the ball back to Richardson for the finish.

When healthy, Baron and Richardson are a lethal combination. When running the break, this Warrior team can get the ball into the basket.

The offense runs thru Baron Davis, and the team is lucky that it does.

Get Baron Davis a healthy 2 guard and front court players that can run the pick and roll as well as hit the open 20 foot jump shot, and we will have one of the four best point guards (Nash, Billups, Arenas, and Davis) in the game.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron