Game Thread: Warriors @ Boston Celtics 2006-12-20

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors pull out a road victory in Boston?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:03 pm

YES
80%
NO
20%

Total votes : 10

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:57 pm
Look for J-Rich and Baron to have big games, Baron will pay well with his buddy Pierce on the court and J-Rich will want to make up for the loss of Monta and is probably stressing about that playoff promise he gave us all. Of course, if nelly has him on the bench, not much JRich can do.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:46 pm
sleepyfloyd wrote:Look for J-Rich and Baron to have big games, Baron will pay well with his buddy Pierce on the court and J-Rich will want to make up for the loss of Monta and is probably stressing about that playoff promise he gave us all. Of course, if nelly has him on the bench, not much JRich can do.

he can keep Ike company :?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:47 pm
Why haven't the W's kept and keep milking Ike when he was on a roll!!! The point is Nellie doesn't know how to utilize big men!!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:05 pm
If they lost i woulda blamed either Dunleavy for sucking so much or Don Nelson for keeping that kinda trash in the game for SO LONG! Richardson wasn't that hot either...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:19 pm
J-Rich wrote:Why haven't the W's kept and keep milking Ike when he was on a roll!!! The point is Nellie doesn't know how to utilize big men!!!

I was wondering in the 3rd quarter why Nelly was leaving Mike and Baron in when they were the ones committing all of the turnovers. He subsituted for everybody except them. I don't understand the Ike thing either. He came in again in the 4th for about a minute and then was taken out again. I'll take the win though.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:24 pm
UGLY win
I think Ike's still getting into game shape, so he may have been taken out for that reason. Good to see him play though. Baron, once again, has the fate of the team in his hands - good thing he hit that fade away. Wish our offensive flow managed to show up in the fourth. We beat the Celtics and the refs in this game.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:26 pm
jsw548 wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Why haven't the W's kept and keep milking Ike when he was on a roll!!! The point is Nellie doesn't know how to utilize big men!!!

I was wondering in the 3rd quarter why Nelly was leaving Mike and Baron in when they were the ones committing all of the turnovers. He subsituted for everybody except them. I don't understand the Ike thing either. He came in again in the 4th for about a minute and then was taken out again. I'll take the win though.

I will take the win, too and BARON HAD A GREAT GAME, did you hear that 32? I am giving props to Baron... :wink: Re the Diogu mystery, between Monty and Nelly's weirdness about Dung and ike I am beginning to suspect that Dung does indeed have compromisng pics of Nelly, Mully and Cohan in a threesome, and Ike must be muttering nonstop "yo mama's so fat" insults from the bench...it's the only explanation :roll:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:53 pm
a win's a win

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:55 pm
I really could give a **** about Baron (COLTRAING)!!!! You should expect BD to have these type to games like he did in the beginning of the season!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:02 pm
Didn't watch much of the game, but heard they did "so well" of driving to the basket in the 2nd. Game seemed sloppy looking at the stats, but monster game by Baron again. He carried the Warriors to victory. Just waiting for Jrich to explode.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:53 pm
Much needed win!

Baron took his fair share of shots again but obviously made enough of them this game. Diogu scored seven straight points and yet he did not keep getting the ball! That is not logical!

1-2 so far. 3-3 on this road trip would be decent

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:32 pm
Ike looked great tonight. Don't know why they stopped going to him... Tonight could have been the same as the New Jersey loss. Only difference is we made some jumpers near the end intead of going ice cold. Oh well pretty good win against a boston team that had a 5 game winning streak (for whatever thats worth in the atlantic). J-rich looks like his knee is feeling much better, just a little rusty (How many of his J's were in and out or barely off) hes gonna be playing well again soon. Baron is playing great i dont care what anyone says about him but the guy is playing really well. I wish this team could just get completely healthy! They have been playing some good ball but just havent been able to close it out.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:04 pm
cabarkapa wrote:If they lost i woulda blamed either Dunleavy for sucking so much or Don Nelson for keeping that kinda trash in the game for SO LONG! Richardson wasn't that hot either...

It is clear that Nelson can be as good a coach as there is and he can be flat weird as well.

Dunleavy can and does contribute, but it is very clear that when he does suck he should be yanked immediately. He never turns it around during his block of time on the court.

Sometimes, when he is substituted in later in the game he will be ok.

Nelson still thinks Dun is more adaptable than he is.

Richardson, though, needs minutes to get back into shape and rythm, even though he will have rough times. This will pay off in time.

Ike did well, should have come back in.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:05 am
coltraning wrote:BARON HAD A GREAT GAME, did you hear that 32? I am giving props to Baron... :wink:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Great win... well, maybe not great, but I'll take any win above a "great loss".

I wonder... what happens with Ike and everybody on the coaching staff? First Monty, now Nellie... Everytime he plays, he does well. Every single time... and still can't get consistent minutes. I simply cannot understand it.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:08 am
A very ugly win. I also became a believer in Ike last night.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads