GSoM Q&A with Bob Fitzgerald- Part 1 of 2

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:51 am
I know there's a lot of overlap in readership between GoldenStWarriors.com and Golden State of Mind, but just in case any of you missed it...

Golden State of Mind somehow managed to catch Golden State Warriors television play-by-play announcer Bob Fitzgerald for a quick Q&A during the 2 minutes of free time he had when the Warriors began their current road swing in Phoenix last week:

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/story/2006/12/18/224144/08
GOLDEN STATE OF MIND
http://www.goldenstateofmind.com

Golden State Warriors news, hype, rumors, humor, science, history, and fashion
WE'RE A GREAT TIME OUT!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:45 am
How are ya Atma Brother! Keep up the great work you guys are doing! Thankyou again for the key chain, I hope the postage price was not to steep and again, I would be happy to help out financially if you guys need it, just a bit since I'm not rich but if you guys need it, I would like to help

:D

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:00 pm
Good read.

I've begun calling Bob Fitzgerald "the Chameleon" as of late... because he always seems to mimmick the person he's working with. I developed an enormous amount of hatred for the man due to his play-by-play comments... but, listening to Fitz & Brooks, began to sheepishly like the guy as time went on.

All was made clear a couple weekends ago when Bob broadcasted two Warrior road games with Nate Thurmond, instead of Jim Barnette. He called it from the Warriors' side, he was objective (and not pessimistic), and, overall, did a good job, despite a hard loss to the Sonics.

From that moment on, I've known that the true enemy of the Warriors franchise is solely Jim Barnette. Go back to Portland, asswipe.

Thanks for the read, Atma Bro!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:45 pm
#32 wrote:Good read.

I've begun calling Bob Fitzgerald "the Chameleon" as of late... because he always seems to mimmick the person he's working with. I developed an enormous amount of hatred for the man due to his play-by-play comments... but, listening to Fitz & Brooks, began to sheepishly like the guy as time went on.

All was made clear a couple weekends ago when Bob broadcasted two Warrior road games with Nate Thurmond, instead of Jim Barnette. He called it from the Warriors' side, he was objective (and not pessimistic), and, overall, did a good job, despite a hard loss to the Sonics.

From that moment on, I've known that the true enemy of the Warriors franchise is solely Jim Barnette. Go back to Portland, asswipe.

Thanks for the read, Atma Bro!

interesting. Ithink Fitz is a classic people pleaser, which fits with your analysis. He'll do whatever he can to be the nice guy in a situation...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:54 pm
"People pleaser" is a kinder term than my father used... he called Fitz an ass-kisser. :wink:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:25 pm
#32 wrote:"People pleaser" is a kinder term than my father used... he called Fitz an ass-kisser. :wink:

yup, apple polisher, brownnoser, suck-up, or just good ol' Fitz.

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:09 am
coltraning wrote:interesting. Ithink Fitz is a classic people pleaser, which fits with your analysis. He'll do whatever he can to be the nice guy in a situation...

Yep. It was the most dull interview I've read in the GSoM site. Where's the fun if there's no controversy?

Thanks for posting it, Atma... but I think I like the Kawakami ones better. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:10 am
did anyone catch the Fitz/Roye threesome w/Dung last night on KNBR? I missed it and I think my life is now incomplete...

ImageImage
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:52 am
Thanks for all the support guys. The 2nd part of the Q&A is now up:
http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/story/2006/12/18/23429/578

Definitely email us or post on GSoM with any interview requests. You know we'll always try our best.

Also, make sure to check out the new GSoM clothing line we just launched. There's $2 markup on each each item at the GSoM Store over the CafePress prices. Of that $2, we are putting $1 into a to be determined charity and $1 into the GSoM season ticket fund (we're trying to raise money for great season tix to share with the GSoM community). So the profit on every purchase will go directly to a good cause.
http://www.cafepress.com/gsom
GOLDEN STATE OF MIND
http://www.goldenstateofmind.com

Golden State Warriors news, hype, rumors, humor, science, history, and fashion
WE'RE A GREAT TIME OUT!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:45 pm
This second part is a bit better.

It's interesting that he thinks Biedrins is the second best center in the west... but over Amare and Camby (just to name a couple)? I also think he can (with can meaning can, not will) develop into an all star center, given how poor the position is, but this year seems a bit too soon.

Also, about the playoffs, he doesn't talk about the Hornets, which surprises me. He may have just forgotten about them, tho... but I consider the Clips and Hornets as our main rivals for that final spot.

In any case, thanks (again) for posting the second part, Atma.

Return to Warriors Basketball