Iverson traded to Denver

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:37 pm
Iverson to Denver for AMiller, Joe Smith (everyone's favoutrite) and two future 1st rounders.

Hope this works for the Nugs but Miller fit them real well! Think that this will not work so well for Denver because Miller was more of a passer and made guys like JR Smith (who will likely fall hard down to Earth because of this) real effective.


Andre Miller must be upset right now because he was a major part of a playoff team and now he is in garbage
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:40 pm
So that means I get to see Joe twice more on tv, but this time, in another uni. And hopefully, that team he is on will be a win.

Anyway, where this Philly team will end up at the end of the season will be a mystery. They do seem to show signs in some games such as the Spurs so I cannot say they'll get the first pick. This trade will really benefit them because they can add two more youngsters such as maybe "Big Baby" Glen Davis or Aaron Gray who can easily slip late into round one or early round two. Or they can trade away those picks to move up or get some talent on that Philly roster. As for Denver, they get another scorer. Someone who'll accompany Carmelo. But I have doubts about those two coexisting.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:03 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:This trade will really benefit them because they can add two more youngsters such as maybe "Big Baby" Glen Davis or Aaron Gray who can easily slip late into round one or early round two. Or they can trade away those picks to move up or get some talent on that Philly roster.



It will be an asset for the sixers to get three draft picks in the draft. They could, if they get instant impact players, get much better immediately
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:33 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Anyway, where this Philly team will end up at the end of the season will be a mystery.


They're tanking the season. They'll have a top 5 pick for sure... and a couple of picks more. Now it all relies on how well they draft.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:As for Denver, they get another scorer. Someone who'll accompany Carmelo. But I have doubts about those two coexisting.


I don't have any doubt that Denver is a contender right now. It's a shame K-Mart in injured, but they have to bonafide superstars, several great role players (Camby, Evans, Boykins...) and a great coach. I can see Denver going all the way to the championship during the next couple of years. I'm not saying they're favorites to win it all... but they certainly are a contender after this trade.

I'm with migya about JR Smith, tho. His numbers will likely go down, as will do his minutes. Probably Dermarr Johnson, who is more of a defender than Smith, will play more minutes alongside AI and Melo.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:41 am
TMC wrote:I don't have any doubt that Denver is a contender right now. It's a shame K-Mart in injured, but they have to bonafide superstars, several great role players (Camby, Evans, Boykins...) and a great coach. I can see Denver going all the way to the championship during the next couple of years. I'm not saying they're favorites to win it all... but they certainly are a contender after this trade.

I'm with migya about JR Smith, tho. His numbers will likely go down, as will do his minutes. Probably Dermarr Johnson, who is more of a defender than Smith, will play more minutes alongside AI and Melo.




I'm not sure they wil be a contender, any more than they were anyway. Things have to click and they may not. It could actually blow up and be real bad.

JR Smith, more of a three point shooter this season, might actually fair well with Iverson giving him the ball for open threes but again, it could go the other way as well
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:42 am
No other 2 guard who has played on the same team as Iverson has averaged more than 20 pts in a season expect maybe in Iverson 2yr in the league. Where I think Stackhouse averaged 20 some on points!!!

Melo will get his points but his production and touches will decrease when he gets back!!!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:53 am
Location: where you aren't
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:50 am
J-Rich wrote:No other 2 guard who has played on the same team as Iverson has averaged more than 20 pts in a season expect maybe in Iverson 2yr in the league. Where I think Stackhouse averaged 20 some on points!!!

Melo will get his points but his production and touches will decrease when he gets back!!!

Melo isn't a 2 guard.......

And Melo is a touch better than stackhouse, don't you think?
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:29 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
J-Rich wrote:No other 2 guard who has played on the same team as Iverson has averaged more than 20 pts in a season expect maybe in Iverson 2yr in the league. Where I think Stackhouse averaged 20 some on points!!!

Melo will get his points but his production and touches will decrease when he gets back!!!

Melo isn't a 2 guard.......

And Melo is a touch better than stackhouse, don't you think?



But the point is a real one that Carmelo will probably score a fair bit less. You never know though, could turn out great
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:45 pm
I never said that Melo was a 2 guard the point is that the 2nd leading scorer has played with Allen has never averaged more than 20 pts. But I do think Melo will average 20 but definitely not the 30 pts he used to scoring!!!

Role Player
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:12 pm
Location: SAN FRAN
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:42 pm
eh...i think they'll get along great…they're the "ghetto" tweedle dee and tweedle dumber. One is hardcore and the other is a wanna be. I doubt that smith and iverson will get along tho. i see those two going at it.

There should be enough to go around, but smith, melo, and iverson all want the rock so it'll be interesting how this plays out. The nuggets look pretty damn good tho. they really don't need a true point guard cuz those guys can create shots for themselves and they have solid role players.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:51 am
dstown wrote:There should be enough to go around, but smith, melo, and iverson all want the rock so it'll be interesting how this plays out. The nuggets look pretty damn good tho. they really don't need a true point guard cuz those guys can create shots for themselves and they have solid role players.


Just imagine this lineup (which I think will play the most minutes):

PG.- Boykins
SG.- AI
SF.- Melo
PF.- Evans
C.- Camby

Scary... I can't understand people that says this trade is bad for Denver.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:52 pm
TMC wrote:
dstown wrote:There should be enough to go around, but smith, melo, and iverson all want the rock so it'll be interesting how this plays out. The nuggets look pretty damn good tho. they really don't need a true point guard cuz those guys can create shots for themselves and they have solid role players.


Just imagine this lineup (which I think will play the most minutes):

PG.- Boykins
SG.- AI
SF.- Melo
PF.- Evans
C.- Camby

Scary... I can't understand people that says this trade is bad for Denver.



The bad thing is if things don't click well! If things get a little uneasy between say, Iverson and Carmelo, things will go badly
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:18 am
migya wrote:The bad thing is if things don't click well! If things get a little uneasy between say, Iverson and Carmelo, things will go badly


It won't happen. Not at this point. AI knows this is his last chance to get a ring... he'll be a role model in Denver.

I'd be more worried about AI having problems with Karl, but Melo and him will find a way to play together.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:04 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:The bad thing is if things don't click well! If things get a little uneasy between say, Iverson and Carmelo, things will go badly


It won't happen. Not at this point. AI knows this is his last chance to get a ring... he'll be a role model in Denver.

I'd be more worried about AI having problems with Karl, but Melo and him will find a way to play together.




We'll have to wait and see but this is an iffy situation
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests