Gilbert nets 60

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:45 pm
To go along with 8 rebounds, 8 assists, and 2 steals. Pretty damn impressive. And being guarded by superb defender kobe bryant (I didn't see the game but I assume that KB24 wasn't guarding fellow rapist Deshawn stephenson). Granted he played 49 minutes but still impressive
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:01 am
good but still not close to 82…i'm not the biggest fan of kobe, but i gotta give it to him, he's a future hall-of-famer; Living legend. btw, i think i'm so high on him cuz i just caught a clip of him on youtube. But still you can't deny what he has done in his career.

as far as arenas goes, he should be here. I guarantee if he was still here, j-rich and him would tear it up. J-rich would've already have been a all star.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:26 am
Arenas... Image

Biggest mistake of our recent history... :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:40 am
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG...

I'd hate to have him on my team...especially all you who bitch about BD taking too many shots...talk about not making your team better. he's the epitomy of a ball hog.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:25 am
For all the money we've spent I would have kept Gilbert. Even though he does take alot of shots!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:41 am
aletha33 wrote:HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG...

I'd hate to have him on my team...especially all you who bitch about BD taking too many shots...talk about not making your team better. he's the epitomy of a ball hog.

Guess which team is in the playoffs...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:55 am
John Patrick wrote:

Exactly.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:47 pm
sometimes you have to be a little selfish, arenas, kobe, and ai they're all selfish but if they weren't would they be helping their team? heck if chabarkaba could handle the rock like they could he'd be a major asset but if he wants to sit back and wait till he gets his green light, he's not just hurting himself he's hurting our team. So if we did have a person capable of what they can do then by all means be selfish. Jordan, ruth, bonds, **** even gates, i coudl go on, they were all selfish too. You need that to be a great player, you need that mindset cuz they're a lot of people that will try to stop you. "Stay hungry, stay foolish" Steve Jobs.

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:07 pm
TMC wrote:Arenas... Image

Agreed! However, I do not believe that even if the Warriors had wanted to re-sign Gilbert that the team had the ability to match or exceed what other teams were able to offer him. Sadly, Gilbert had stated that he would have signed a one year deal (with the mid-level exemption) and then signed the larger multi-year deal with the Warriors if Cohan had met with him and conveyed the team's commitment to building a winning organization.

The hiring of Mullin to run the front office is another big mistake of this team.

The signing of Foyle, Dunleavy, and Murphy to the large multi-year contract extensions were also big mistakes. Imagine Foyle, Dunleavy, and Murphy as the team's starting frontcourt. Pretty depressing picture.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:21 pm
uptempo wrote:

Agreed! However, I do not believe that even if the Warriors had wanted to re-sign Gilbert that the team had the ability to match or exceed what other teams were able to offer him. Sadly, Gilbert had stated that he would have signed a one year deal (with the mid-level exemption) and then signed the larger multi-year deal with the Warriors if Cohan had met with him and conveyed the team's commitment to building a winning organization.

The hiring of Mullin to run the front office is another big mistake of this team.

The signing of Foyle, Dunleavy, and Murphy to the large multi-year contract extensions were also big mistakes. Imagine Foyle, Dunleavy, and Murphy as the team's starting frontcourt. Pretty depressing picture.

Definitely. The point I like to bring up is: a big reason we couldn't sign Gilbert was because we were already tied up in other needlessly large, stupid contracts.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:10 am
John Patrick wrote:

Guess which team is in the Eastern Conference...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:31 am

correct my feeble memory, but weren't the Ws unable to match offers cause of the existing rules on 2nd rounders at the time?
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:05 am
coltraning wrote:

correct my feeble memory, but weren't the Ws unable to match offers cause of the existing rules on 2nd rounders at the time?

Yeah... which wasn't a problem til the genious that was St. Jean decided to not include a third year option in Arena's rookie contract (something most teams did to their second rounders at the time), so we didn't have Bird rights and were not able to match, due to being over the cap. Same thing happened with Boozer in Cleveland.

The rules at the time were the same for every free agent, no matter how many years they had in the league. The problem was being over the cap, not the rules.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:58 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:To go along with 8 rebounds, 8 assists, and 2 steals. Pretty damn impressive. And being guarded by superb defender kobe bryant (I didn't see the game but I assume that KB24 wasn't guarding fellow rapist Deshawn stephenson). Granted he played 49 minutes but still impressive

:mrgreen: Those dirty dogs!

Kobe was probably busy looking to just get the ball back and run up his own score, the filthy gonad. He takes so many shots! Jordan shot at a much better percentage! #Thought I'd just add that in :)

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:59 am
#32 wrote:
John Patrick wrote:

Guess which team is in the Eastern Conference...

And guess which team doesn't have two poofy white boys (offenseless expression :mrgreen: ) posing as professional basketball players.........

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball