Chicago Bulls interested in Troy Murphy

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:30 am
#32 wrote:Ben Gordon would average more points in Golden State than he does in Chicago. Just throwing that out there.

Monta Ellis will hopefully blossom into a 20 PPG scorer with at least SOME playmaking skills (so far, he has none)... and I hope to God he cuts down on those TO's, too.

Gordon got the most MPG of his career last season (31 a night) where he averaged 17 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2.3 TO's a game. Ellis (this season) is averaging 34 minutes... and strikingly similar numbers: 18 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3.5 TO's a game (with very similar %'s... except 3's, where Gordon beats the hell out of him).

Yep... I'm not sure Monta will end up any better than Gordon. They're pretty similar, although Gordon is more clutch right now. That gives him the nod.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:13 pm
Deng may not be as untouchable as some may think. Tyrus Thomas is their future at the SF and has Shawn Marion type qualities and potential. If the Warriors can somehow get Deng and PJ Brown for Murphy and Pietrus, then I think they'd have to listen to the offer.

Pietrus gives them the big 2 guard they desire and Sefalosha can play the SF spot as well behind or ahead of Thomas. Murphy gives them a rebounding big man that can knock down shots. The Bulls lacks shooters with Hinrich being the only legitimate threat from the outside. Everyone else, like Gordon, are scorers and get their points from volume shooting (ala Iverson). Hinrich, Pietrus, Thomas, Murphy, and Wallace makes a nice line up with Duhon, Gordon, Sefolosha, and Sweetney off the bench.

For the Warriors:

PG Davis - Mcleod - Roberson
SG Richardson - Ellis
SF Deng - Dunleavy
PF Diogu - Brown
C Biedrins - Foyle
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:04 pm
RUNTMC2007 wrote:Deng may not be as untouchable as some may think. Tyrus Thomas is their future at the SF and has Shawn Marion type qualities and potential.

I've heard Ty Thomas is their future at PF, not SF... I don't think Deng is going anywhere, unless it's in a deal for a big star a la KG.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:42 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Ben Gordon would average more points in Golden State than he does in Chicago. Just throwing that out there.

Monta Ellis will hopefully blossom into a 20 PPG scorer with at least SOME playmaking skills (so far, he has none)... and I hope to God he cuts down on those TO's, too.

Gordon got the most MPG of his career last season (31 a night) where he averaged 17 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2.3 TO's a game. Ellis (this season) is averaging 34 minutes... and strikingly similar numbers: 18 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, and 3.5 TO's a game (with very similar %'s... except 3's, where Gordon beats the hell out of him).

Yep... I'm not sure Monta will end up any better than Gordon. They're pretty similar, although Gordon is more clutch right now. That gives him the nod.

Yes, that... and the fact that he can dribble into double-coverage without a sure-fire TO.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:11 am
TMC wrote:
RUNTMC2007 wrote:Deng may not be as untouchable as some may think. Tyrus Thomas is their future at the SF and has Shawn Marion type qualities and potential.

I've heard Ty Thomas is their future at PF, not SF... I don't think Deng is going anywhere, unless it's in a deal for a big star a la KG.

Deng is a great player and the Bulls would be crazy to give him up! He is having a great season and in two years, he could be definate allstar

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:34 am
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yes, that... and the fact that he can dribble into double-coverage without a sure-fire TO.

The one thing about Gordon though is his inconsistency. He'd be averaging 22 PPG if he weren't so inconsistent. He'll have 37 pt games and then 6 pt games.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:50 am
I think his inconsistency also involves the amount of minutes and touches he gets.

Take his numbers earlier this season, for instance: Gordon puts 22 on Philly, then suddenly only posts 6 on the Knicks. Are the New York Knicks THAT great of a defensive team? Or is it because Gordon only got 4 shot attempts (compared to his 16 the night before)?

Chicago has a lot of talented guards (Hinrich, Gordon, Duhon... even Deng plays occasional SG). Scott Skiles likes to ride the hot hand. During the New York game in question, Hinrich, Duhon, and Deng all hit double figures (with Kirk and Luol in the 20's).

I think Gordon would be more consistent in Golden State. Also, people are talking about the upside of Monta Ellis... but Ben Gordon's only in his 3rd year, as well. Plus, he's played in a crowded backcourt his whole career. I think they both have plenty of room to grow.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:04 pm
#32 wrote:I think his inconsistency also involves the amount of minutes and touches he gets.

That inconsistency involves the whole Bulls roster. Just look at Ben Wallace. One game he ends up with 2 boards and the next one he gets 21... Hinrich has 12 assists one game and 3 the next one... The whole team is inconsistent. Even the minutes they play vary from game to game.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:28 pm
Exactly... so its hard to call them inconsistent. Its just how Scott Skiles does things.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:35 pm
the only bull i wounlnt want is ****.......all kiddin aside, if the bulls want murphy I say by all means grant them there wish...im down with hinrich, deng, gordan, nocioni, u name it....the not so baby bulls are talented, and though none may be a star, they are great role players and thats what wins championships
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:23 am
ajcardenas123 wrote:the only bull i wounlnt want is ****.......all kiddin aside, if the bulls want murphy I say by all means grant them there wish...im down with hinrich, deng, gordan, nocioni, u name it....the not so baby bulls are talented, and though none may be a star, they are great role players and thats what wins championships

I'd be ecstatic with a few expirers to make the numbers work (PJ Brown) and a pick.

Of course, that won't happen. So I'd be equally ecstatic with just PJ Brown expirer.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:01 am
PJ Brown and rights to the Knicks 1st rounder for T Murph. That would be the best deal for the W's.

Of course the Bulls aren't dumb enough to do that, so it would probably be Brown and the Bulls 1st round (it would have to be unprotected) for Murph.

The best situation for the W's would be to dump off Murph's contract and get cap room and another 1st rounder. Plus Brown wouldn't just sit and wait, he could contribute solid minutes backing up at C and PF.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:36 am
Thunder wrote:PJ Brown and rights to the Knicks 1st rounder for T Murph. That would be the best deal for the W's.

Of course the Bulls aren't dumb enough to do that, so it would probably be Brown and the Bulls 1st round (it would have to be unprotected) for Murph.

That can't be. The Bulls don't have both first rounders, just one. What they have is the right to change position. That is, they would pick in NY's spot and the Knicks would do so in Chicago's spot.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:43 pm
Ahh, thanks TMC.

Maybe a trade that would get Brown and the rights to swap with New York. I am assuming that the rights to swap can be traded.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:22 pm
Thunder wrote:Maybe a trade that would get Brown and the rights to swap with New York. I am assuming that the rights to swap can be traded.

I think so. I don't really know, but I guess Chicago got them that way in the Curry trade.
Previous

Return to Trades