Damn Dunleavy

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:46 pm
I've been equally down on "Joe Barry" Murphy, Dungpile, and Foible the past few seasons... Their play, lack of heart, Lack of improvement, and ridiculous contracts are enough...

They are a disgrace to the game.
This season is not a flop.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:14 pm
Not a huge fan of Dun either- but getting really sick of all the scapegoating I see on this site. Without Dun we lose the game against Houston - no question, I was there. Earlier in game he had a few key defense plays that killed their third quarter run on us and at the end of the game, his offense rebound and put back with the foul on Yao was just as big as Baron's three.
Seems like Biedrins played like crap against Toronto and Warriors in general fell off in the game against Suns. Plus, Suns are the BETTER team and we are playing them at their home. Getting close to a win in that situation isn't something to hang your heads about. Raptor loss is bigger bummer.

PLEASE - stop blaming Dun for everything that goes wrong - it completely undermines any other analysis you provide.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:41 pm
migya wrote:
uptempo wrote:At center, if he runs and is paired with Ike or Biedrens (paint players), Murphy can provide the Warriors with a high post player with range.

Dunleavy at power forward, if stationed on the wing or at the point can draw out the opposing team's power forward and open up the lanes.

But on defense, the opposition have a major advantage because the guy dun and Murphy are guarding can probably score easily, thus eliminating any so called advantage that dun and Murphy have offensively.

I just see that both are in the way of others and that is enough of a hinderance

Agreed; however, Mullin has mortgaged the future with these two. Monty and Nelson, both, have to play these guys. Only Musselman would not toe the line with giving Dunleavy playing time, and it cost Musselman his job.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:36 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:PLEASE - stop blaming Dun for everything that goes wrong - it completely undermines any other analysis you provide.

You know... sometimes we just do it 'cos it's fun to blame Dun for everything. We lose, Dun's fault. Bad weather, Dun's fault... :mrgreen:

To be honest, as I've said before, it's Murphy's game what really pisses me off. Dun's been pretty decent coming from the bench this season.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:39 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:Not a huge fan of Dun either- but getting really sick of all the scapegoating I see on this site. Without Dun we lose the game against Houston - no question, I was there. .

Well, there are about 6 games already where he has killed us and directly contributed to the loss...

Point blank: We are a better team w/out him. (include Foyle and Murph in that statement as well)
This season is not a flop.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:23 am
Remember Dun is the highest draft choice for the Warriors since Joe Smith. He was our lottery pick. our saviour. Number 3 overall, right after yao and Jay Williams. We chose him over Amare Stoudamire and a host of others including Tayshawn Prince. We traded Antawn Jamison so he could play. We gave him a ridiculous contract. this is why we hate him and blame everything on him.

Oh yeah, did I mention we passed on his Duke team mate Carlos Boozer in the same draft.

I hoped I proved our point!

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:00 pm
Dunleavy gets a lot of heat, some which of it is valid. He is inconsistent and is overpaid for his performance for most the games. Foyle, Murphy and J-Richardson have contributed very little this year based on the contracts and Dunleavy is the only one of the four that has contributed to this year's pseudo success. Musselman is gone because of his grating personality that annoyed the front office not because of Dunleavy. The biggest difference with Nelson and his predecessors, even though we have a crap team is that he lets players like Pietrus, Ellis, Biedrins and even Diogu play and develop and screw up. A coach like Monty and Musselman that put wins over player development and don't make the playoffs deserve to be fired. Why are we frustrated with the Warriors or Dunleavy? We have a mediocre owner, mediocre GM and a decent coach and play in a difficult conference ... hence our five hundred record. A great deal of the problem with the Warriors and the NBA (look the KNicks, Boston, and Sixers) is the long term contracts, luxury tax, b.s. expansion and the so called lottery. I don't see why Cohan needs to pay luxury tax to Bob Johnson in Charlotte to keep a player like Arenas or Biedrins. The NBA should give teams a buyout for any salary over 10 million past the second contract year. This means a team can cut any overpaid player that sucks and not have it count against the salary cap. Combined with a mandatory team option for the fourth and fifth years of the contract, we might actually have coaches coaches and player play. With Ariza, Frye, Robinson, Blackman the Knicks would be fun to watch, the Warriors would flying high with Pietrus, Ellis and Biedrins for years to come .... Dunleavy is our Austin Croshere, a player that had one good playoff run (the NCAA) and got a monster contracts that was meant to fail for day one.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:35 pm
dareedle wrote:Dunleavy gets a lot of heat, some which of it is valid. He is inconsistent and is overpaid for his performance for most the games. Foyle, Murphy and J-Richardson have contributed very little this year based on the contracts and Dunleavy is the only one of the four that has contributed to this year's pseudo success. Musselman is gone because of his grating personality that annoyed the front office not because of Dunleavy. The biggest difference with Nelson and his predecessors, even though we have a crap team is that he lets players like Pietrus, Ellis, Biedrins and even Diogu play and develop and screw up. A coach like Monty and Musselman that put wins over player development and don't make the playoffs deserve to be fired. Why are we frustrated with the Warriors or Dunleavy? We have a mediocre owner, mediocre GM and a decent coach and play in a difficult conference ... hence our five hundred record. A great deal of the problem with the Warriors and the NBA (look the KNicks, Boston, and Sixers) is the long
term contracts, luxury tax, b.s. expansion and the so called lottery. I don't see why Cohan needs to pay luxury tax to Bob Johnson in Charlotte to keep a player like Arenas or Biedrins. The NBA should give teams a buyout for any salary over 10 million past the second contract year. This means a team can cut any overpaid player that sucks and not have it count against the salary cap. Combined with a mandatory team option for the fourth and fifth years of the contract, we might actually have coaches coaches and player play. With Ariza, Frye, Robinson, Blackman the Knicks would be fun to watch, the Warriors would flying high with Pietrus, Ellis and Biedrins for years to come .... Dunleavy is our Austin Croshere, a player that had one good playoff run (the NCAA) and got a monster contracts that was meant to fail for day one.

Nice thread! :D

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:07 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:
dareedle wrote:Dunleavy gets a lot of heat, some which of it is valid. He is inconsistent and is overpaid for his performance for most the games. Foyle, Murphy and J-Richardson have contributed very little this year based on the contracts and Dunleavy is the only one of the four that has contributed to this year's pseudo success. Musselman is gone because of his grating personality that annoyed the front office not because of Dunleavy. The biggest difference with Nelson and his predecessors, even though we have a crap team is that he lets players like Pietrus, Ellis, Biedrins and even Diogu play and develop and screw up. A coach like Monty and Musselman that put wins over player development and don't make the playoffs deserve to be fired. Why are we frustrated with the Warriors or Dunleavy? We have a mediocre owner, mediocre GM and a decent coach and play in a difficult conference ... hence our five hundred record. A great deal of the problem with the Warriors and the NBA (look the KNicks, Boston, and Sixers) is the long
term contracts, luxury tax, b.s. expansion and the so called lottery. I don't see why Cohan needs to pay luxury tax to Bob Johnson in Charlotte to keep a player like Arenas or Biedrins. The NBA should give teams a buyout for any salary over 10 million past the second contract year. This means a team can cut any overpaid player that sucks and not have it count against the salary cap. Combined with a mandatory team option for the fourth and fifth years of the contract, we might actually have coaches coaches and player play. With Ariza, Frye, Robinson, Blackman the Knicks would be fun to watch, the Warriors would flying high with Pietrus, Ellis and Biedrins for years to come .... Dunleavy is our Austin Croshere, a player that had one good playoff run (the NCAA) and got a monster contracts that was meant to fail for day one.

Nice thread! :D

Excellent post!
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:06 am
I caught something VERY interesting while reading more about the Iverson rumors. This is probably just a rumor as well but what a rumor it is:
Coach Mike Dunleavy is pushing to make a deal, in part, so he can clear enough cap room to acquire his son, Mike Dunleavy Jr., from the Warriors. But he and Clippers management are not ready to part with Livingston.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/16270203.htm
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:11 am
Hoonyo wrote:I caught something VERY interesting while reading more about the Iverson rumors. This is probably just a rumor as well but what a rumor it is:
Coach Mike Dunleavy is pushing to make a deal, in part, so he can clear enough cap room to acquire his son, Mike Dunleavy Jr., from the Warriors. But he and Clippers management are not ready to part with Livingston.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/16270203.htm

I don't believe it. Cap room for what?. Give us Maggette (the numbers work) and everybody would be happy...

And other than Mags, they don't have anyone in which we could be interested (well, no one they'd be willing to trade).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:48 pm
Fuk I'd like to get rid of dun but even his old man wouldn't want him surely

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball