Game Thread: Warriors @ New Jersey Nets 2006-12-18

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors continue their slump on the road?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:30 pm

YES
50%
NO
50%

Total votes : 8

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:30 pm
Golden State Warriors (12-13) @ New Jersey Nets (9-14)

Start time 4:30 PM PST @ The Continental Arena

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Mickael Pietrus
PF - Matt Barnes
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the New Jersey Nets
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Vince Carter
SF - Richard Jefferson
PF - Jason Collins
C - Nenad Krstic

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (20.4) | V. Carter (26.5)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.4) | J. Kidd (8.7)
APG - B. Davis (8.4) | J. Kidd (9.4)
SPG - B. Davis (2.1) | J. Kidd (1.6)
BPG - A. Biedrins (2.3) | N. Krstic (0.9)

Game Notes
Look for Jason Richardson to make his return to the lineup tonight.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:39 pm
I can't see us winning this one. Actually, I expect a close game... but the Nets vets win it at the end.

Nets by 3.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:24 pm
The team is really hard to predict! I reckon they'll win this one but Biedrins has to dominate somewhat and the running game has to be on

Warriors by 8

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:07 pm
The Warriors are still a mystery team. Regardless of who they lose to, they still can suprise many with their play.

Nets by 2.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:16 pm
I'd usually favor the Nets, but Jersey hasn't played that great this season.

Dubs in another down-to-the-wire game.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:28 am
Jefferson has been ice cold this season, Kidd is not a decent scorer. So if Carter can't get it going (and we do have decent perimeter defenders in Ellis, Pietrus), we'll take this one.

Dubs by 7.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:35 am
After yesterday's debacle in Toronto, I am curious how the team will respond in New Jersey. I am not too confident in the team getting a win tonight or any night on this road trip for that matter.

I see no reason why Biedrins can't have a strong game against Nenad Krstic. Pietrus needs to stay out of foul trouble and guard Vinca Carter like a premier defender that he could be if he put his mind to it.

It will be interesting to see how Nellie implements and uses Jason Richardson tonight. Who's playing time will be cut some? I would think Keith McLeod will be used rarely in Richardson's return.

Anyways, Warriors will likely lose by 10-15. I am obviously hoping for better, but the road has been unkind this season to the Warriors and playing the second of back-to-back games, it may not be a good night for us Warrior fans.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:03 pm
Not playing so great right now. Nets by 8. Please, prove me wrong.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:08 pm
I am diehard, but the TO game was one of two I thought they could get. Ws have zero boards other than Biedrins, unless Ike can play...Nets by 10 :(
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:41 pm
NOW is the time for a "pattern interruption."
What better way to spend Christmas? Image
Warriors 'gut' it out, win by 3 in Overtime !!!

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:02 pm
I am absolutely gutted with this loss. The Warriors were in total control of this game until early in the 4th quarter. This is not going to be a popular opinion on this board, but I blame this loss completely on the shoulders of Baron Davis.

As the Nets started chipping away at the Warriors 11-point lead, Baron slowly phased out his teammates and it became Baron-ball with ill-advised fadeaways and three-pointers. Rarely, if ever, in the final quarter did Baron go to the basket or better yet, find a teammate for an open shot.

A point of fact to prove my point is that Baron had 8 assists in the first half and none in the second half. That is not right.

Don't tell me no one else stepped up to make the plays. We do not know that because other than maybe Dunleavy, no one else was given the chance to make a shot or two in the 4th quarter.

The team quit moving on offense because Baron was just hogging the ball and honking up bad shots. The rest of the team was just watching and Nelson on the bench looked like he was disinterested and did little to prevent this slefish kind of play from Baron.

The first three quarters of this game the Warriors played great and I thought they were primed for a win. Boy was I wrong.

I know Baron scored 25, had 8 boards and 8 assists, but as we all know, it is what you do in the fourth quarter that determines how well your team does and Baron was absolute rubbish in the 4th quarter.

As always, the zone was picked apart in the second half and unlike the Nets, the Warriors made no adjustments. Hell, any remotely knowledgeable basketball fan could see that the Nets were simply loading up in the lane and bringing people through to exploit the open gaps. Where were the adjustments from Nellie and his staff? Nowhere to be found.

I am freakin' pissed about this lost. If the Warriors can't learn to play as a team and play unselfishly (Baron specifically) this team is going nowhere fast.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:09 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:I am absolutely gutted with this loss. The Warriors were in total control of this game until early in the 4th quarter. This is not going to be a popular opinion on this board, but I blame this loss completely on the shoulders of Baron Davis.

As the Nets started chipping away at the Warriors 11-point lead, Baron slowly phased out his teammates and it became Baron-ball with ill-advised fadeaways and three-pointers. Rarely, if ever, in the final quarter did Baron go to the basket or better yet, find a teammate for an open shot.

A point of fact to prove my point is that Baron had 8 assists in the first half and none in the second half. That is not right.

Don't tell me no one else stepped up to make the plays. We do not know that because other than maybe Dunleavy, no one else was given the chance to make a shot or two in the 4th quarter.

The team quit moving on offense because Baron was just hogging the ball and honking up bad shots. The rest of the team was just watching and Nelson on the bench looked like he was disinterested and did little to prevent this slefish kind of play from Baron.

The first three quarters of this game the Warriors played great and I thought they were primed for a win. Boy was I wrong.

I know Baron scored 25, had 8 boards and 8 assists, but as we all know, it is what you do in the fourth quarter that determines how well your team does and Baron was absolute rubbish in the 4th quarter.

As always, the zone was picked apart in the second half and unlike the Nets, the Warriors made no adjustments. Hell, any remotely knowledgeable basketball fan could see that the Nets were simply loading up in the lane and bringing people through to exploit the open gaps. Where were the adjustments from Nellie and his staff? Nowhere to be found.

I am freakin' pissed about this lost. If the Warriors can't learn to play as a team and play unselfishly (Baron specifically) this team is going nowhere fast.

Hey this rant sounds very familiar. Be careful or you will be labeled pessimistic.

BTW, you are 100% correct!
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:26 pm
ChicagoTom wrote:I am absolutely gutted with this loss. The Warriors were in total control of this game until early in the 4th quarter. This is not going to be a popular opinion on this board, but I blame this loss completely on the shoulders of Baron Davis.

Chi-Tom, I watched the game with a friend at a sports bar and the conversation by us along with 1/2 a dozen pained Ws fanatics was EXACTLY what you said. It was painful. Baron has done this again and again, to the point where, after yet another selfish chuck I screamed at the big screen "bench his ass, Nelson, show some balls." It is sickening. I even turned to someone and said "that's why stats can be so misleading". You look at Baron's stats, and you go "wow, excellent game", but you watch him play after they went up 86-78 and then were outscored 17-2, and it is blatant why: His selfish wanna-be Kobeionics and the utter inability of the Ws to get a rebound.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:47 pm
Some folks just get tired ...

Last edited by SoCooLBob on Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:05 pm
how did jrich look in his return 6 pts?? tell me they rested him and that he didnt reinjure himself
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
Next

Return to Game Threads