Pass and Crash

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:08 pm
This rule needs to be seriously looked at in the offseason. Its just absurd to reward the defense on a 3 on 1 break for taking a flop. Steve Nash is a repeat offender on this.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:08 pm
yeah just saw taht one, how dare they take points away from Monta

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:40 pm
Most importantly, Nash moved away from the path to the hoop (along with Baron). He was trying to take the charge independent of the ball or the hoop. Awful call.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:08 pm
Teams are smarter now!!! They know that Ellis likes to attack the hoop and he likes to drive rt!!! So they are taking that away from him!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:09 pm
Now BD misses a FT!!! Damn them!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:28 pm
Nash lost a TON of respect for that. I mean, I'm a huge fan of the guy (have been since seeing him at Santa Clara), but that sorta sh*t loses a LOTTA respect from me.

The Vlade's, the Pippen's, the Penny's... I can't stand those guys who flop around and pretend to be hit. I think that if video evidence shows them falling before getting hit (or, in the case of Mutumbo a few years back, not even BEING hit), they should get a fat ass fine.

This is dumbing the league down.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:33 pm
#32 wrote:I think that if video evidence shows them falling before getting hit (or, in the case of Mutumbo a few years back, not even BEING hit), they should get a fat ass fine.

Maybe a player that has blatantly flopped should get hit with a technical foul. It would be hard to judge such a thing but it definately is not needed

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:34 pm
#32 wrote:Nash lost a TON of respect for that. I mean, I'm a huge fan of the guy (have been since seeing him at Santa Clara), but that sorta sh*t loses a LOTTA respect from me.

The Vlade's, the Pippen's, the Penny's... I can't stand those guys who flop around and pretend to be hit. I think that if video evidence shows them falling before getting hit (or, in the case of Mutumbo a few years back, not even BEING hit), they should get a fat ass fine.

This is dumbing the league down.

#32 if you feel that way you should really hate Mike D. He is the king of the flop.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:18 pm
I can't stand it when Dunleavy flops. It's girl ****.

But, lets be honest... VLADE's the King of Flopping.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:32 am
#32 wrote:But, lets be honest... VLADE's the King of Flopping.

Hell, yeah. Not only that... he's probably the one that invented the "art" of flopping.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:25 am
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:But, lets be honest... VLADE's the King of Flopping.

Hell, yeah. Not only that... he's probably the one that invented the "art" of flopping.

Vlade is not in the league anymore, is he? Long live Dunleavy.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:13 am
Ehhh... I'd still probably give it to Kevin Martin. If you've seen the guy play, you know what I mean. Sure, Dunleavy gets a lotta charges by flopping... but Martin does it on both ends; flopping for charges and doing his best Dirk/Reggie whenever anybody gets close to his wrist while he's shooting.

That's one of the reasons I never liked Dirk or Reggie. I never understood how you can claim that a guy slapped your finger so hard... it knocked you over. :?

Talk about the epitomy of acting. :roll:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:27 am
#32 wrote:Ehhh... I'd still probably give it to Kevin Martin. If you've seen the guy play, you know what I mean. Sure, Dunleavy gets a lotta charges by flopping... but Martin does it on both ends; flopping for charges and doing his best Dirk/Reggie whenever anybody gets close to his wrist while he's shooting.

That's one of the reasons I never liked Dirk or Reggie. I never understood how you can claim that a guy slapped your finger so hard... it knocked you over. :?

Talk about the epitomy of acting. :roll:

I agree with you there but the players need to sell the fouls that are hard to see. If they are slapped on the hand during a shot and don't do anything the refs will think it's a block.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:12 pm
After the shot is released, it shouldn't matter.

The only reason a foul could be called on a shooter after he's released is if he's put into a compromising position on his way down... ergo, you see why Dirk and Reggie collapse, like a damsel in distress, everytime they let one fly from the arc.

A slight slap on the wrist when the ball's already completely left the guy's hand should not be a foul. If the ball's in the air, the follow-through has already been completed. Dirk, Reggie, and Kevin are manipulating referee's to get an unfair advantage on the competition. Its under-handed, thats why I don't like it.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:55 pm
#32 wrote:After the shot is released, it shouldn't matter.

The only reason a foul could be called on a shooter after he's released is if he's put into a compromising position on his way down... ergo, you see why Dirk and Reggie collapse, like a damsel in distress, everytime they let one fly from the arc.

A slight slap on the wrist when the ball's already completely left the guy's hand should not be a foul. If the ball's in the air, the follow-through has already been completed. Dirk, Reggie, and Kevin are manipulating referee's to get an unfair advantage on the competition. Its under-handed, thats why I don't like it.

Oh I agree with you there, I thought you were talking about before the release.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball