Pass and Crash

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:35 pm
Location: Clovis, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:08 pm
This rule needs to be seriously looked at in the offseason. Its just absurd to reward the defense on a 3 on 1 break for taking a flop. Steve Nash is a repeat offender on this.

Role Player
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:58 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:08 pm
yeah just saw taht one, how dare they take points away from Monta
Image

Rookie
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:38 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:40 pm
Most importantly, Nash moved away from the path to the hoop (along with Baron). He was trying to take the charge independent of the ball or the hoop. Awful call.

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:08 pm
Teams are smarter now!!! They know that Ellis likes to attack the hoop and he likes to drive rt!!! So they are taking that away from him!!!

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:09 pm
Now BD misses a FT!!! Damn them!!!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:28 pm
Nash lost a TON of respect for that. I mean, I'm a huge fan of the guy (have been since seeing him at Santa Clara), but that sorta sh*t loses a LOTTA respect from me.

The Vlade's, the Pippen's, the Penny's... I can't stand those guys who flop around and pretend to be hit. I think that if video evidence shows them falling before getting hit (or, in the case of Mutumbo a few years back, not even BEING hit), they should get a fat ass fine.

This is dumbing the league down.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21363
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:33 pm
#32 wrote:I think that if video evidence shows them falling before getting hit (or, in the case of Mutumbo a few years back, not even BEING hit), they should get a fat ass fine.




Maybe a player that has blatantly flopped should get hit with a technical foul. It would be hard to judge such a thing but it definately is not needed
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:34 pm
#32 wrote:Nash lost a TON of respect for that. I mean, I'm a huge fan of the guy (have been since seeing him at Santa Clara), but that sorta sh*t loses a LOTTA respect from me.

The Vlade's, the Pippen's, the Penny's... I can't stand those guys who flop around and pretend to be hit. I think that if video evidence shows them falling before getting hit (or, in the case of Mutumbo a few years back, not even BEING hit), they should get a fat ass fine.

This is dumbing the league down.


#32 if you feel that way you should really hate Mike D. He is the king of the flop.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:18 pm
I can't stand it when Dunleavy flops. It's girl ****.

But, lets be honest... VLADE's the King of Flopping.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:32 am
#32 wrote:But, lets be honest... VLADE's the King of Flopping.


Hell, yeah. Not only that... he's probably the one that invented the "art" of flopping.

All Star
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 am
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:25 am
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:But, lets be honest... VLADE's the King of Flopping.


Hell, yeah. Not only that... he's probably the one that invented the "art" of flopping.


Vlade is not in the league anymore, is he? Long live Dunleavy.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:13 am
Ehhh... I'd still probably give it to Kevin Martin. If you've seen the guy play, you know what I mean. Sure, Dunleavy gets a lotta charges by flopping... but Martin does it on both ends; flopping for charges and doing his best Dirk/Reggie whenever anybody gets close to his wrist while he's shooting.

That's one of the reasons I never liked Dirk or Reggie. I never understood how you can claim that a guy slapped your finger so hard... it knocked you over. :?

Talk about the epitomy of acting. :roll:
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:27 am
#32 wrote:Ehhh... I'd still probably give it to Kevin Martin. If you've seen the guy play, you know what I mean. Sure, Dunleavy gets a lotta charges by flopping... but Martin does it on both ends; flopping for charges and doing his best Dirk/Reggie whenever anybody gets close to his wrist while he's shooting.

That's one of the reasons I never liked Dirk or Reggie. I never understood how you can claim that a guy slapped your finger so hard... it knocked you over. :?

Talk about the epitomy of acting. :roll:


I agree with you there but the players need to sell the fouls that are hard to see. If they are slapped on the hand during a shot and don't do anything the refs will think it's a block.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13509
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:12 pm
After the shot is released, it shouldn't matter.

The only reason a foul could be called on a shooter after he's released is if he's put into a compromising position on his way down... ergo, you see why Dirk and Reggie collapse, like a damsel in distress, everytime they let one fly from the arc.

A slight slap on the wrist when the ball's already completely left the guy's hand should not be a foul. If the ball's in the air, the follow-through has already been completed. Dirk, Reggie, and Kevin are manipulating referee's to get an unfair advantage on the competition. Its under-handed, thats why I don't like it.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:55 pm
#32 wrote:After the shot is released, it shouldn't matter.

The only reason a foul could be called on a shooter after he's released is if he's put into a compromising position on his way down... ergo, you see why Dirk and Reggie collapse, like a damsel in distress, everytime they let one fly from the arc.

A slight slap on the wrist when the ball's already completely left the guy's hand should not be a foul. If the ball's in the air, the follow-through has already been completed. Dirk, Reggie, and Kevin are manipulating referee's to get an unfair advantage on the competition. Its under-handed, thats why I don't like it.


Oh I agree with you there, I thought you were talking about before the release.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest