BASKETBRAWL

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:03 pm
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHI2HYE2J0A" width="340" height="280"></embed>

lol
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:30 pm
SUSPEND CARMELO....

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:47 pm
stupid…that's all i can say. carmelo is a ****ing idiot, so is smith. jeffries running after melo was funny tho. suspensions for melo, robinson, smith, and jeffries in that order

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:26 am
we should start getting one of these a year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:03 am
Carmelo was stupid but the guy that clobbered JR Smith should get a big suspension and fine because he started the whole thing with a very sinister act!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:22 am
migya wrote:Carmelo was stupid but the guy that clobbered JR Smith should get a big suspension and fine because he started the whole thing with a very sinister act!

Mardy Collins. Carmelo has to get a big suspension also, but Collins started the brawl.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:13 am
I think it's Isiah Thomas who deserves the big suspension on the Knicks. It looks likely that he ordered the foul. Clearly by his comments after the game he felt like it was justified. Its far worse when a coach has absolutely no idea what sportsmanship is than when a player doesn't. I have nothing but disrespect for Isiah now, whining about the other team running up the score after a brawl is a total punk move. Its not the Nuggets fault your team sucks Isiah, its yours.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:18 am
BigW wrote:I think it's Isiah Thomas who deserves the big suspension on the Knicks. It looks likely that he ordered the foul. Clearly by his comments after the game he felt like it was justified. Its far worse when a coach has absolutely no idea what sportsmanship is than when a player doesn't. I have nothing but disrespect for Isiah now, whining about the other team running up the score after a brawl is a total punk move. Its not the Nuggets fault your team sucks Isiah, its yours.

Yeah, I don't think he ordered the foul... but definately led to it with his behavior. All I've read after the game coming from Isiah was blaming the Nuggets... like they were the victims.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:13 am
Mardy Collins def deserves a suspension just like any other flagrant fouls in the league. Robinson, JR Smith, and Carmelo deserves to be SUSPENDED for a long time!!!

Robinson and Smith for their wrestling behavior, and Carmelo for the CHEAP BLOW to Collins... and running away.... :D

20+ games is fair? I think the league set an example again so the next time, the players would think again before doing something like this...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:23 am
~W~ wrote:Mardy Collins def deserves a suspension just like any other flagrant fouls in the league. Robinson, JR Smith, and Carmelo deserves to be SUSPENDED for a long time!!!

Well, as the foul started the fight, I'd like to see Collins getting the same treatment other participants do. These brawls usually start by a hard foul... so, if you avoid those fouls, you'll stop fights from happening.

Actually, I'll apply the same suspension to anyone that participated, in any way, in the brawl. No matter what they did. If the idea is to set an example, let's do it, but for everyone.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:12 am
BigW wrote:I think it's Isiah Thomas who deserves the big suspension on the Knicks. It looks likely that he ordered the foul. Clearly by his comments after the game he felt like it was justified. Its far worse when a coach has absolutely no idea what sportsmanship is than when a player doesn't. I have nothing but disrespect for Isiah now, whining about the other team running up the score after a brawl is a total punk move. Its not the Nuggets fault your team sucks Isiah, its yours.

Isiah is a disaster and the league would probably help the knicks improve their record if they suspended him. If he ordered the foul, suspend his ass, but what Carmelo did was fake street and chickenshiit - sucker punch and run away, wow, big street creds there. He should get a major suspension. We'll see if the league will do that to its leading scorer. This is part of a pattern with him, starting with the gangsta dvd threatening kids not to snitch on their friendly neighborhood drug dealer. You watch - David Stern is going to come down with some edict or other to make the league even squeaky-cleaner, as if the dress code, no gum chewing, no foot shifting during the anthem paternalism is any solution. Watch the play this gets from the media, too. There are at least 4 or 5 major baseball brawls a year, and we don't see media pundits pulling their hair out over the terrible effect on suburban youth, and we don't even need to discuss hockey :roll:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:01 pm
"No matter where you go, you are what you are player
And you can try to change but that's just the top layer
Man, you was who you was 'fore you got here"

-Jay-Z, public serice announcment, black album
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:51 pm
ruins melo's MVP chances right? i would definately think so.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:20 pm
:banghead:
Last edited by coltraning on Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:46 pm

Right on the money!

Isiah Thomas has to be dealt with properly because he was way out of line with what he said!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball