Damn Dunleavy

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:49 pm
Once again Mike Dunleavy has single-handedly let phoenix back into the game. Did you see him in the 3rd quarter. Once again Fitzgerald swallowed his microphone when it comes to Mike D. Do need anymore proof?

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:18 pm
Well now i've switched my position from "Dunleavy is alright," back to "Dunleavy is mostly ****"
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:20 pm
I don't think just dun can be blamed. Nelson should have played Robertson, who was on fire somewhat, a little more early in the 4th quater. They should have shot less threes and taken it to the basket a little more

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:35 pm
Still, he played 20 minutes, and did not produce much at all, plus he needed to make those free throws to keep it a 1 possesion game

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:38 pm
cabarkapa wrote:Still, he played 20 minutes, and did not produce much at all, plus he needed to make those free throws to keep it a 1 possesion game

None of Dunleavy's missed shots were even close. He bruised the rim pretty bad tonight from a variety of positions. I can't believe his shot misses by so much!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:40 pm
cabarkapa wrote:Still, he played 20 minutes, and did not produce much at all, plus he needed to make those free throws to keep it a 1 possesion game

What did you expect - It's dun :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:59 pm
dung being dung is kinda like pit bull mauls child...not exactly a shocker. Dung does help his cause by staying healthy and being an appealing Duke demographic :evil:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:11 pm
seriously, dun is not for this team. at times he shows improvement. but honestly, this guy is pretty useless. yes he gets you big games once in a while but hes not consistent. hes not playing any minutes because nellie is not confident.

if he dont start imroving, then can we say trade?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:00 pm
coltraning wrote:dung being dung is kinda like pit bull mauls child...not exactly a shocker. Dung does help his cause by staying healthy and being an appealing Duke demographic :evil:

Dun is the one that Mullin needs to package in a trade because at least Foyle is playing his role, though in very few minutes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:34 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:dung being dung is kinda like pit bull mauls child...not exactly a shocker. Dung does help his cause by staying healthy and being an appealing Duke demographic :evil:

Dun is the one that Mullin needs to package in a trade because at least Foyle is playing his role, though in very few minutes

And both of then have done more than Murphy this season... I'm starting to become a Murphy-hater. I mean, even more than a Dun-hater. I'd rather keep Dun (coming from the bench) over Murphy at this point.

Here's a nice article (by #32's favorite Tim Kawakami) about what Murph does for the team:

http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/kawakami/2006/12/15/pssst-warriors-are-5-0-without-murphy-and-7-11-with-him/

The title says it all...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:23 am
But at least he can hit or come close to hitting open outside shots! dun can't even do that!

I don't want to get Iverson but maybe trading one of the guards and these two fools would be a good thing

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:05 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

And both of then have done more than Murphy this season... I'm starting to become a Murphy-hater. I mean, even more than a Dun-hater. I'd rather keep Dun (coming from the bench) over Murphy at this point.

Here's a nice article (by #32's favorite Tim Kawakami) about what Murph does for the team:

http://www.mercextra.com/blogs/kawakami/2006/12/15/pssst-warriors-are-5-0-without-murphy-and-7-11-with-him/

An excellent analysis (sorry, 32). Esp this part:
4) On this Warrior team, as with the last three or four editions, Murphy’s a classic minor duplicative player.

He’s a stationary, jump-shooting, no-low-post-game, no-defense, defensive-rebounding player on a team that already has four or five guys who all do those exact same things better–with the exception of rebounding for the last three seasons, but Biedrins is taking care of that now.

If Murphy isn’t out there bombing away from three-point distance, without the ability to create a shot for himself or anybody else, then Dunleavy can do the same or Richardson or any of them.

Or someone else can step in for Murphy, someone WHO DOES DIFFERENT STUFF–like play defense, penetrate, get to the post, block shots, fill the lane on the fastbreak… you know, crazy stuff like that.

That’s why the Warriors’ record is so neutral–and has always been neutral–for Murphy’s 10 or 12 really good games a year. His stats are just taking away from another duplicative (and better) Warrior player or a different kind of player who helps in many different ways.

If you haven't posted the whole article I will under news articles...

ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:09 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

I'm actually moving that way, too...Dung has the most untradeable contract, and he has the occasional nice moment off the bench. As opposed to Murphy, Nelson's system is probably the best possible for Dung to exist in...stick him behind the starting 5 of BD, JRich, Monta, Ike Biedrins, plus Barnes and Pietrus off the bench, he can contribute as an 8th man. Even Foyle is offering up some banging and blocking.

ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:45 am
Yes, Dunleavy is a mess. Mullin must have relapsed when he signed the kid and let Jameson go.

Murphy, too, has limitations (no low block game, slow, cannot defend, afraid to play in the paint).

Both; however, can provide matchup problems for opposing power forwards and centers when they are used properly.

At center, if he runs and is paired with Ike or Biedrens (paint players), Murphy can provide the Warriors with a high post player with range.

Dunleavy at power forward, if stationed on the wing or at the point can draw out the opposing team's power forward and open up the lanes.

Do I like having these two on the team? Guys, we have no choice. No other team will take them with their bloated contracts. Let's hope that Nelson can get some utlilty out of these two. He, Nelson, seems to be getting utility out of Foyle.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:19 pm
uptempo wrote:At center, if he runs and is paired with Ike or Biedrens (paint players), Murphy can provide the Warriors with a high post player with range.

Dunleavy at power forward, if stationed on the wing or at the point can draw out the opposing team's power forward and open up the lanes.

But on defense, the opposition have a major advantage because the guy dun and Murphy are guarding can probably score easily, thus eliminating any so called advantage that dun and Murphy have offensively.

I just see that both are in the way of others and that is enough of a hinderance

Next

Return to Warriors Basketball