Philly smartest team in league

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:59 pm
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... r_weekend/

hope this link works.

Told you this whole AI thing was planned futility.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:40 pm
I reckon the sixers would want to get a deal done as soon as possible. It would just get everything out of the way and they can move on.

They could want to hold out for a while to improve their chances of getting a high lottery pick because they are not going to win much with the lineup they have right now

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:14 am
migya wrote:
They could want to hold out for a while to improve their chances of getting a high lottery pick because they are not going to win much with the lineup they have right now

But the point is losing right now, not going anywhere... The more they lose, the faster they can rebuild.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:31 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

But the point is losing right now, not going anywhere... The more they lose, the faster they can rebuild.

Yea but Iverson's value goes down the longer they wait. He was again the leading scorer up until he got inactive and with every passing week, he gets out of shape and out of sync. The sixers have got to sell him as the superstar he is and get some good young players. They will finish last anyway

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:51 pm
i know denver's the main contender for ai, can suspended players be traded, and would teams want to pick up a suspended lpayer?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:53 am
dstown wrote:i know denver's the main contender for ai, can suspended players be traded, and would teams want to pick up a suspended lpayer?

I don't know if they can be traded during the suspension, but I don't think it matters much. It won't be for long. It would matter if it were a season-long suspension, but won't get over 10 games... and Philly won't mind not playing them.

migya wrote:Yea but Iverson's value goes down the longer they wait.

Actually, I think it's the opposite. The more he stays inactive, the better will be the offers for him. If Philly shows they won't trade him for spare change (even if it means not playing him in what's left of the season), the more power they'll have in trades.

It worked for Indy last year with Artest.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:27 am
Either way, Iverson is sitting on his arse and the 76ers keep losing. Hope for the they can get rid of Webber for even trash

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:28 am
migya wrote:Either way, Iverson is sitting on his arse and the 76ers keep losing. Hope for the they can get rid of Webber for even trash

You know... they want to lose. If they are a playoff team, we get their first round pick. If they don't make the playoffs, they just have to pay Cohan $1 million, but keep their pick. This year is all about losing for Philly.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:29 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Either way, Iverson is sitting on his arse and the 76ers keep losing. Hope for the they can get rid of Webber for even trash

You know... they want to lose. If they are a playoff team, we get their first round pick. If they don't make the playoffs, they just have to pay Cohan $1 million, but keep their pick. This year is all about losing for Philly.

who did we trade them for that to happen? the only ex-sixer we have is barnes, I thought......
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:30 am
TMC wrote:

I understand that but they do have to trade Iverson before he thinks about screwing tham over by refusing to play for the rest of the season or something, thus really reducing their leverage on any trade

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:38 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
TMC wrote:

who did we trade them for that to happen? the only ex-sixer we have is barnes, I thought......

They traded someone with Dallas and we got the rights over the pick when we traded Dampier to the Mavs.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:46 pm
Iverson has now been traded so the sixers can move on. Not bad getting a great PG either

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:53 pm
The topic of this thread says it all. The 76ers ARE hella smart. They realized that Iverson is cursed treasure... and they ended up with 3 first round draft picks in one of the best drafts we've had since 2001.

In 5 years, the Sixers will be head and shoulders better than the Nuggets. Count on it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:27 am
#32 wrote:The 76ers ARE hella smart.

Not so much. They should have traded him two years ago, when it was clear they weren't going to get another shot at a ring.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:53 pm
I agree... but admitting your mistake and correcting it still gets points (see Chris Mullin on firing Monty and hiring Nelly).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball