Game Thread: Warriors @ Phoenix Suns 2006-12-15

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Do you think the trade rumors lit a fire in Baron's belly?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:55 am

YES
64%
NO
36%

Total votes : 11

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:56 pm
Ws played well overall...ran out of gas at the end, and BD resorted to the all too familiar desperation contested 3s as the shot clock ran down...the difference between the 2 teams is that when it gets to crunch time the Suns continue to involve everyone and move the ball, usually at 6-7 passes per possession. Ws? It devolves down to BD dribbling at the top of the key for 15 seconds then forcing a contested long ball...not sure how, why, when that will change...Suns look like the deepest and best team in the league, Ws look like maybe an 8 seed when JRich and ike return
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:08 pm
i didnt see the game, but the game was surprisingly close. at least they stayed in the game throughout. remember this is without J-Rich and the Suns are at full strength.

thats how close the warriors our. i see the improvement of course. the record might not show it. but this team i feel is strong now with biedrins and monta playing out of their minds. with a clutch baron and with j-rich coming back we should be an over .500 team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:55 pm
coltraning wrote:Ws played well overall...ran out of gas at the end, and BD resorted to the all too familiar desperation contested 3s as the shot clock ran down...the difference between the 2 teams is that when it gets to crunch time the Suns continue to involve everyone and move the ball, usually at 6-7 passes per possession. Ws? It devolves down to BD dribbling at the top of the key for 15 seconds then forcing a contested long ball...not sure how, why, when that will change...Suns look like the deepest and best team in the league, Ws look like maybe an 8 seed when JRich and ike return

The team looks like a playoff team right now, without JRich and Diogu! They just lost to the Suns barely and you call the Suns the best but the Warriors just 8th in the West at full strength? :scratch:

The Suns just have the team concept better and the team needs to mold themselves after the Suns

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:18 am
I agree, I could definetaly see this as the year they end the drought.

I think the best indicator of how the team will do it AB's play. Seems like every night he has a big game we win or are very close. He is the inside prescence the warriors lack in their losses. Hoping that when Ike gets back he will also provide a little of what Andris does.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:36 am
Dubs4life wrote:I agree, I could definetaly see this as the year they end the drought.

I think the best indicator of how the team will do it AB's play. Seems like every night he has a big game we win or are very close. He is the inside prescence the warriors lack in their losses. Hoping that when Ike gets back he will also provide a little of what Andris does.

Diogu has the ability to do the one thing that Biedrins doesn't do that well yet (besides freethrows) and that is scoring! Diogu can provide the inside scoring that the team lacks. With him doing that well, Bierins doing what he has been doing, Monta scoring well and doing what he has been doing, Pietrus providing a bit of everything like he has been, JRich back and at full strength, scoring and doing a bit of everything like he can and Baron doing what he has been doing - The team would have a starting five that is complete! The bench is decent enough right now as well.

The injuries are the major factor right now to JRich and Diogu

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:27 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:Ws played well overall...ran out of gas at the end, and BD resorted to the all too familiar desperation contested 3s as the shot clock ran down...the difference between the 2 teams is that when it gets to crunch time the Suns continue to involve everyone and move the ball, usually at 6-7 passes per possession. Ws? It devolves down to BD dribbling at the top of the key for 15 seconds then forcing a contested long ball...not sure how, why, when that will change...Suns look like the deepest and best team in the league, Ws look like maybe an 8 seed when JRich and ike return

The team looks like a playoff team right now, without JRich and Diogu! They just lost to the Suns barely and you call the Suns the best but the Warriors just 8th in the West at full strength? :scratch:

The Suns just have the team concept better and the team needs to mold themselves after the Suns

I think they are a .500 team without JRich and Diogu, and I don't think 41-41 makes the playoffs in the West this year - 45-46 wins is necessary.

ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:29 am
migya wrote:

Diogu has the ability to do the one thing that Biedrins doesn't do that well yet (besides freethrows) and that is scoring! Diogu can provide the inside scoring that the team lacks.

The injuries are the major factor right now to JRich and Diogu

I agree...

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:00 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

I think they are a .500 team without JRich and Diogu, and I don't think 41-41 makes the playoffs in the West this year - 45-46 wins is necessary.

I agree with the amount of wins you listed to make the playoffs but you think JRich and Diogu only are worth 4 or 5 wins? I'd say more like 10 at least!

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:10 am
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

I agree with the amount of wins you listed to make the playoffs but you think JRich and Diogu only are worth 4 or 5 wins? I'd say more like 10 at least!

Maybe...a 51-31 Ws would be 5th or 6th seed...obviously Phoenix, SA and Dallas have the top 3, you really think they are going to pass Utah, Lakers, Houston and Denver? And if Minny gets Iverson and the clips get healthy, that gets even gnarlier. On the other hand, right now .500 is, interestingly enough, good enough for 8th spot, and the ws have that slot...I think if they can stay around .500 till healthy Diogu and JRich, maybe you are right...they get 50 wins, Nelson gets coach of the year...my nagging concern: how serious is the knee for JRich, though I do think they can make the playoffs without him...

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:38 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:

Maybe...a 51-31 Ws would be 5th or 6th seed...obviously Phoenix, SA and Dallas have the top 3, you really think they are going to pass Utah, Lakers, Houston and Denver? And if Minny gets Iverson and the clips get healthy, that gets even gnarlier.

All ifs!

I only see the Suns, Spurs, Mavs and Jazz as definates to be better than the Warriors this season. Every other team, Rockets included, are possibly worse, possibly better than the team. The Jazz may fall even so the team could have a chance of being the fourth best. The biggest surpirse so far, to me, is the Lakers who have done real well. I reckon they will drop off, especially over the next month without Odom.

The team has done real well so far and SHOULD only get better since they will be going against weaker teams, most from the East. Seems like a har portion of the schedule is over with, though it was at home, and things should be easier, if the team keeps performing the way they have.

ALL IFS :wink:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:11 am
migya wrote:The team has done real well so far and SHOULD only get better since they will be going against weaker teams, most from the East. Seems like a har portion of the schedule is over with, though it was at home, and things should be easier, if the team keeps performing the way they have.

The team has played inconsistent bball. One night we look great and beat Houston, while other nights we lose against then by 30. That's how we've been playing this season, and that proves two things:

1.- We're talented enough to make the playoffs.
2.- We're not going over the 7th seed.

And now, back to topic, I liked the way we played against Phoenix. In fact, I was sure we were going to be out of the game by the third quarter, being a back-to-back game... so it's an encouraging game, even tho we didn't take it.

btw, someone needs to work with Monta on the turnovers...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:26 pm
Can't be too disappointed with this game. They were coming off a back-to-back and had to face this Suns team that goes 100 mph each play of the game. So you have to give them credit for keeping up with the Suns. Foyle has been playing quite well as of lately with the playing time he's receiving. He has surely worked his way in the rotation.
Previous

Return to Game Threads