It's the defense once again!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:29 pm
You can bitch all you want about our missed shots, but they had three guys with a double double. It's impossible to overcome that. How many uncontested shots within three feet did they get all night. Unfreakinbelieveble.

Once again, Baron started slowing everything down at the end and everyone stood around and watched. We overcame the defecit and went ahead when we were running up and down the floor with the Suns. I hate it so bad when he does that. Yeah I konw, broken record.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:34 pm
Well, that is something nelson has to see and get across to the team - If you were doing well running, then don't slow it at the end of the game!

The Suns out rebounded the team, as most teams do, and that has got to be addressed! Pietrus does well rebounding but Biedrins needs more help than just him. Barnes seems to be good at most things so he should get a bit more court time.

At least the team fought well and weren't blown out! This was a very promising thing to see and the major difference between this season and last season!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:36 pm
I hated the Suns' offensive rebounds much much more than their wide open threes. Probably cause they weren't getting a lot of em down.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:40 pm
cabarkapa wrote:I hated the Suns' offensive rebounds much much more than their wide open threes. Probably cause they weren't getting a lot of em down.

And the team was lucky that Bell and Barbosa didn't knock down more of those threes because they usually do! You can say that the Suns didn't play as well as they usually do but then again, the team didn't play that well either, especially Baron and Biedrins

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:10 pm
jsw548 wrote:You can bitch all you want about our missed shots, but they had three guys with a double double. It's impossible to overcome that. How many uncontested shots within three feet did they get all night. Unfreakinbelieveble.

Once again, Baron started slowing everything down at the end and everyone stood around and watched. We overcame the defecit and went ahead when we were running up and down the floor with the Suns. I hate it so bad when he does that. Yeah I konw, broken record.

have to disagree on part of this. You hold a team that is averaging 112 a game 7 points below its season average and do it at their arena? I don't think defense is the issue. The problem, once again, was offensive execution in the last 3-4 minutes. The Ws (cough, Dunleavy, cough, Baron) missed plenty of makeable shots and free throws the last 3 minutes after Biedrins put them up 97-96. And you get in a free throw shooting contest with the best shooting team in the league, you will lose...

I completely agree that "Baron started slowing everything down at the end and everyone stood around and watched. We overcame the defecit and went ahead when we were running up and down the floor with the Suns. I hate it so bad when he does that"

What you said on that. As I said on the game thread, not sure when, how, why BD will change that. Can Nelson make him? Bench him? What? I don't think it is ego, so much as BD just does not trust his teammates when the crunch is on. The only one he trusts to take the big shot besides himself is JRich, and JRich ain't there. The way BD plays the first 3 quarters, I would never want to trade him for Iverson. The way he plays the last quarter is what makes me think it would be worth a shot, so long as they keep Monta, ike and Biedrins...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:56 pm
coltraning wrote:You hold a team that is averaging 112 a game 7 points below its season average and do it at their arena? I don't think defense is the issue.

The Suns just missed more than what they usually do, especially from the outside

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:39 am
NO your wrong it's the W's inablility to hold and build on a lead!!! As always Nellie preached on making FT in the fourth quarter misses by BD and Dun which would have make the game in the last min only a two pt game!!! They had a 8 pt lead but they were making too many turnovers and ill advised jumpers!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:41 am
What are you taking about!!! Your talking about the W's ****ing defense please!!! Phoenix was off tonight!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:10 am
J-Rich wrote:NO your wrong it's the W's inablility to hold and build on a lead!!! As always Nellie preached on making FT in the fourth quarter misses by BD and Dun which would have make the game in the last min only a two pt game!!! They had a 8 pt lead but they were making too many turnovers and ill advised jumpers!!!

J-Rich wrote:What are you taking about!!! Your talking about the W's ****ing defense please!!! Phoenix was off tonight!!!

Fascinating. Do you discuss with yourself often, j-rich? :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:11 am
TMC wrote:
J-Rich wrote:NO your wrong it's the W's inablility to hold and build on a lead!!! As always Nellie preached on making FT in the fourth quarter misses by BD and Dun which would have make the game in the last min only a two pt game!!! They had a 8 pt lead but they were making too many turnovers and ill advised jumpers!!!

J-Rich wrote:What are you taking about!!! Your talking about the W's ****ing defense please!!! Phoenix was off tonight!!!

Fascinating. Do you discuss with yourself often, j-rich? :mrgreen:

what will he do when his exclamation mark goes on worker's comp :!: :wink:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:23 pm
Let's not use the word "Warriors" and "defense" in the same sentence. That has got to be against rules of the English language. I think what Baron and Nelly were trying to due was de-fuse Steve Nash. Steve is the king of the running game. I think the Warriors biggest mistake was trying to isolate on Steve Nash. He is to clever to fall for that kind of stuff.
Last edited by The Coooach on Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:16 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:I think the Warriors biggest mistake was trying to isolate on Steve Nash. He is to clever to fall for that kind of stuff.

Hey, we did try to isolate Yao in the game at Houston for 3 quarters... what did you expect against Nash?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:01 pm
Today's game brings it up again. Three nobody's from Toronto get double-doubles against the W's this morning (actually one only had 9 boards, but close enough). That is sickening.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:13 pm
jsw548 wrote:You can bitch all you want about our missed shots, but they had three guys with a double double. It's impossible to overcome that. How many uncontested shots within three feet did they get all night. Unfreakinbelieveble.

Uh once again, you all fail to realize that come the end of the game, when every possession becomes a half-court set, we have NO ONE that can create shots. Not sure what you're watching, but I sure see Monta handling the ball at the end of the game WAAAAY too much. He's a turnover waiting to happen. And doesn't nearly have the ability to create on his own.

That "pass the ball around" crap doesn't work at the end of games...who the hell would you want taking the shot for us anyway? we're forced to have to rely on BD to create...

thats why he becomes the scapegoat - unnecessarily - when we lose. Monta's the one that lost the game for us...traveling, charges, dumb passes...all in the critical 4th quarter stretch...

if you want to blame, which you shouldn't be doing at all - that's the man to blame..not BD.

i can make an entire list as to why we lost, none having to do w/ bd.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:49 pm
jsw548 wrote:Today's game brings it up again. Three nobody's from Toronto get double-doubles against the W's this morning (actually one only had 9 boards, but close enough). That is sickening.

THat is something that happens alot against the team and it shows what crap defense the team has! Athletes like Baron, Monta and Pietrus have got to play far better defense

Next

Return to Warriors Basketball