Allstar votes thus far

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:59 pm
Well, if we try what the MLB is doing (winner of all star game gives winning conference home court in finals) in addition to giving chinese citizens 1/4 of the vote and Chinese Americans 1/2 the vote, then maybe.. just maybe.. it will even out..

all star game process and selection is just a mess right now...
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:27 pm
tkono wrote:Well, if we try what the MLB is doing (winner of all star game gives winning conference home court in finals) in addition to giving chinese citizens 1/4 of the vote and Chinese Americans 1/2 the vote, then maybe.. just maybe.. it will even out..

Um... no. The system works well as it is. The team that wins the most has home court as a reward. It's just a problem of not allowing everybody to vote.

I'd say it several times that I'd like the system more if it would allow only fans that go to the games to vote... The internet vote is what ruins the picks.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:20 pm
fellas...all we have to do is get a few sponsors for our players like nike, sprite, ea, mc donalds etc...and have a few sick tv ads and they're in…even if they got injured, quit, played a different sport, or died…ask anyone if they know who shaq is and they'll say he's a baskeball player, then ask them to vote and guess who they'll vote for, and of course they'll look for "air jordan" first.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:45 pm
TMC wrote:
I'd say it several times that I'd like the system more if it would allow only fans that go to the games to vote... The internet vote is what ruins the picks.

Tru. I admit that I went to 3 computers and voted for Jason Richardson for guard last year.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:25 pm
TMC wrote:I'd say it several times that I'd like the system more if it would allow only fans that go to the games to vote... The internet vote is what ruins the picks.

But people that see many games on tV or on video, should have some voting power! It is harder to regulate and allows peole who have seen nothing and only go for their favourites but it is something

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:23 am
migya wrote:But people that see many games on tV or on video, should have some voting power!

Um... no. If allowing them to vote serves to ruin the process, I'd say no (and I'm included in that group. I wouldn't be able to vote). It's the only way to have a (somewhat) fair system.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:34 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Those Dickwads in houston totally screw up the allstar voting. Not that it matters since he won't make the team but how the hell did shane battier get so many votes? Did he have a 93 point game that I missed? Houston fans have always gave their players too many votes.

Not Houston; China.

For some reason, every single person from the Orient has a natural kinship with Yao Ming. It's like Oscar De La Hoya. Every single Mexican guy I've ever known (hell, even my Honduran friend and a couple guys I know from Brazil) all naturally align with him.

You don't see me pounding the vote button trying to get Todd Fuller onto the Italian all-star team, do you? Piss off and quit slandering the voting, you pricks.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball