Adonal's The Man!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:55 pm
I've been saying it ever since I started posting in this forum. Sh-t my old screen name was even "Adonal's The Man!"

The Rockets game last night was exactly why you all can see that Adonal's the man! He's always trying hard on the court. Foyle should get more playing time!

Just wanted to bring up the subject again... even though I've discussed it on several occasions. The evidence of Adonal being the man last night was hussle and heart! He always hussles. I don't care if his skill is lacking... I respect players that try there hardest and Adonal is one of those players.

More playing time for Foyle? I say YES... What do you say?
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:30 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:More playing time for Foyle? I say YES... What do you say?

I've been supporting you for a while when it comes to Foyle's minutes, Josh... I can't see a reason why he doesn't play more (not much more... but he should have a place in the team. I'd rather have Foyle playing above Murphy. Yeah, I said it 8) )
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:37 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:I've been saying it ever since I started posting in this forum. Sh-t my old screen name was even "Adonal's The Man!"

The Rockets game last night was exactly why you all can see that Adonal's the man! He's always trying hard on the court. Foyle should get more playing time!

Just wanted to bring up the subject again... even though I've discussed it on several occasions. The evidence of Adonal being the man last night was hussle and heart! He always hussles. I don't care if his skill is lacking... I respect players that try there hardest and Adonal is one of those players.

More playing time for Foyle? I say YES... What do you say?

Translation: Foyle got anally raped by yao but at least he kept him below the 40-15-5 benchmarks!
ImageImage
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:47 pm
Yes, but he did well at times and kept Biedrins from getting into foul trouble. That was the whole reason to have Foyle start instead of Andris.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:18 pm
Foyle is not getting everything handed to him with Nelson so he is TRYING much harder

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:17 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Translation: Foyle got anally raped by yao but at least he kept him below the 40-15-5 benchmarks!

Yeah, but he had 4 blocks. That's four defensive plays more than Murphy has had all season. :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:30 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Translation: Foyle got anally raped by yao but at least he kept him below the 40-15-5 benchmarks!

Bingo.

People keep clamoring on about how great Foyle played (and, indeed, those 4 blocks were ALL impressive)... but, lets be honest, Yao Ming couldn't have had a better game. He seriously couldn't have. Anytime a guy drops 40 on you, you've been had. I don't care how many blocks you get. Foyle could have swatted Yao 10 times, for all I care, and it still wouldn't have looked good, compared to Yao's 38 buckets.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:01 pm
I say NO!!!!
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:58 pm
Much luv TMC! We're always on the same page with Adonal!!!

#32 wrote:

Bingo.

People keep clamoring on about how great Foyle played (and, indeed, those 4 blocks were ALL impressive)... but, lets be honest, Yao Ming couldn't have had a better game. He seriously couldn't have. Anytime a guy drops 40 on you, you've been had. I don't care how many blocks you get. Foyle could have swatted Yao 10 times, for all I care, and it still wouldn't have looked good, compared to Yao's 38 buckets.

He didn't drop 40 on Adonal! He dropped 40 on Biedrins, Adonal, and the Warriors!

JESUS CHRIST!!! GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT'S DUE!!!

Have you seen how well Yao's been playing as of late??? He's dropped near 35 a night the last 3-5 games. So Adonal has played as well as any center if you think of it that way. I garuantee none of those centers even had a block on Yao!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:12 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:Much luv TMC! We're always on the same page with Adonal!!!

#32 wrote:

Bingo.

He didn't drop 40 on Adonal! He dropped 40 on Biedrins, Adonal, and the Warriors!

Have you seen how well Yao's been playing as of late??? He's dropped near 35 a night the last 3-5 games. So Adonal has played as well as any center if you think of it that way. I garuantee none of those centers even had a block on Yao!

First of all, obviously yao scored that on all the warriors, but that isn't any different than any other game.

secondly, this was yao's second best game of the year. During the month kobe was averaging 40+ points per game did anybody congratulate dallas for keeping him to 64?

Third, think before you "guaruntee"; yao has been packed eleven times by his last four non-warriors opponents. He even got blocked by nate robinson this season.

That's great that you like foyle, just don't call lemons lemonade.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:19 pm
With an injured Murphy (is he really or is that trade talk?) and JRich and Ike just coming back, I would say play Adonal more. He is a decent defensive presence and can give you some swats...he is not remotely at Andris' current or potential level, but Andris is getting burned out and POB is not there yet.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:23 pm
This thread is almost as bad as the freethrow thread.

Foyle is terrible. A previous poster said it best about Yao dropping 40. No team in the NBA would want Foyle and his bloated contract on their roster. Blocking four shots??? Even a blind squirrel finds a nut in the forrest once in a while.

Our frontcourt "power players" should be Biedrens, Ike, and possibly Murphy and Dunleavy (the latter two should be paired with either Biedrens or Ike, but not with each other).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:00 am
Josh Jamison wrote:Have you seen how well Yao's been playing as of late??? He's dropped near 35 a night the last 3-5 games. So Adonal has played as well as any center if you think of it that way.

No... Adonal's played as well as Chris Mihm (who allowed 35), Brendan Haywood (38 ), Eddy Curry (35), and Eric Dampier (36).

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't want ANY of those guys on my team... :oops:

Besides, the proof is in the pudding: Foyle played Yao primarily on the 14th... and Yao dropped 38. Biedrins played Yao the most on the 5th (their previous meeting) and Yao only dropped 27 (with 7 less rebounds and 6 less blocks).

Still think Adonal's "the man"...?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:36 am
#32 wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote:Have you seen how well Yao's been playing as of late??? He's dropped near 35 a night the last 3-5 games. So Adonal has played as well as any center if you think of it that way.

No... Adonal's played as well as Chris Mihm (who allowed 35), Brendan Haywood (38 ), Eddy Curry (35), and Eric Dampier (36).

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't want ANY of those guys on my team... :oops:

Besides, the proof is in the pudding: Foyle played Yao primarily on the 14th... and Yao dropped 38. Biedrins played Yao the most on the 5th (their previous meeting) and Yao only dropped 27 (with 7 less rebounds and 6 less blocks).

Still think Adonal's "the man"...?

exactly.... except I don't think the 6 less blocks number is right.....
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:52 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote:Much luv TMC! We're always on the same page with Adonal!!!

#32 wrote:

Bingo.

First of all, obviously yao scored that on all the warriors, but that isn't any different than any other game.

secondly, this was yao's second best game of the year. During the month kobe was averaging 40+ points per game did anybody congratulate dallas for keeping him to 64?

Third, think before you "guaruntee"; yao has been packed eleven times by his last four non-warriors opponents. He even got blocked by nate robinson this season.

That's great that you like foyle, just don't call lemons lemonade.

:mrgreen:

Lovely

Ah Foyle is a real character! Can't he get pinned to a large thick piece of cardboard and hung from the rafters, waving his fat hands, smiling and laughing every 5 minutes or so. He'd make a great mascot

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball