Game Thread: Houston Rockets @ Warriors 2006-12-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors get revenge against the Rockets?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:18 am

YES
92%
NO
8%

Total votes : 12

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:05 pm
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE TO BARON!!!!!

Wow what a game. Wish I could have watched it...

Dun came up big too 14 point, 8 boards, 1 steal, Only two turnovers.

Monta allmost killed us with those turnovers at the end, hes still a kid and he will get better with those hopefully. Great win for a shorthanded team.

Tomorrows gonna be tough though, back to back against the red hot suns especially after this one that went down to the wire. Good night for bay area sports with the niners winning too.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:07 pm
You know Dun really helped us with that and-1 in the final minute. As inconsistent, and as bad as Dun is, he can be real clutch at times and hit the shots when he needs to.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Man I wish I could have watched that. It was still pretty damn exciting on radio. The fans did a great job cheering the W's on tonight. I think that's the loudest I've heard "Defense" chanted at the Arena in a while. Nice job Baron.................
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:14 am
Great win by the team but they are still not convincing! Took a last second three to beat the Rockets without TMac!

Dun and Pietrus played decently enough and Monta did his bit but he has to take better care of the ball

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:34 am
Sure the Rockets didn't have T-Mac, but we didn't have J-Rich. Of course T-Mac is better but both have the same importance to their teams. Also, Battier, Head, and Alston played out of their minds, so that kinda made up for T-Mac's absence.

Great win.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:45 am
prettyhatemachine22 wrote:Sure the Rockets didn't have T-Mac, but we didn't have J-Rich. Of course T-Mac is better but both have the same importance to their teams. Also, Battier, Head, and Alston played out of their minds, so that kinda made up for T-Mac's absence.

Great win.

Usually mediocre players play well against the team because of the lack of defense from guys like Baron. No way Alston should be playing almost as good as Baron. The defense has to get better

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:42 am
I was at the game and THANK GOD for that!
It was amazing! Best game I have ever attended and seeing Yao go off for 38 was super impressive - he is amazing. But tonight Baron was the bigger man. With about a minute left Barnes and Baron missed back to back threes and I was sweating thinking we were going to shoot our way out of it again instead of taking it to the rack. An earlier post said that they weren't happy with baron's shot at the end, but that last shot by Baron - really, he had no other choice but to fire it up.
Mike D, everyone's favorite, really saved the game too by getting an offense rebound with Yao in the paint and getting the quick put back and foul on Yao. That play was why I like Mike D, he makes brilliant decisions at times. He's having a good year - he still made some dumb plays but Shane played him tight and Monte played much worse.
Foyle was a monster! He had three blocks on Yao, and made some good shots too. Nelson's plan of rotating him with Biedrins throughout the game and then doubling Yao in the fourth really paid off. His numbers were big, but frankly, the way Yao was shooting and how each play ran through him he might have gotten 50 if it wasn't for the defense.
Damn, hell of a game! Baron has shown us we don't need to trade for AI!
11 years of no playoffs and counting...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:50 am
I haven't found the f*cking torrent for this game yet. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Seems like Baron was really impressive... I can't wait to see this game.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:08 am
What a game!! It looked as though the Warriors were down and out in the third quarter after the Rockets scored the first 13 points of the half and the Warriors trailed by 12. However, the Warriors bounced back with an impressive run at the end of the third quarter that cut the lead down to five.

Then, in the fourth quarter, all seemed lost with 35 second remaining and the Warriors down by four. However, big plays by Dunleavy and Baron were enough to beat a very good Rockets team. Excellent win and great for the confidence of this team going into tonight's game with the Suns.

A few observations:

1. Adonal Foyle's defense on Yao Ming was quite impressive. He was not able to limit all his scoring, but Foyle's physical presence and shot blocking (4 blocks) were big on the low block.'

2. For as much crap as Mike Dunleavy takes, he had a nice game last night. He can definitely be inconsistent, but he picked a good night to play well. He had a big three in the third quarter to help start the rally. He had another 16 foot jumper in the fourth quarter along with the vital and one and a few key rebounds down the stretch. He was tough last night!

3. Monta seems to be playing with NO confidence right now. He is turning the ball over way too much and his jump shot is either flat or long. I almost get the feeling that he is trying too hard to make things happen and things are not working out for him. He needs to get back to the basics and quit thinking so much. Nellie needs to sit down with him and get him to just play his game on this road trip.

4. What can I say about Baron? He was fantastic last night and more than less willed this team to a win. While the last shot was the one we will all remember, it was his passing and other key shots along the way that enabled this team to get this all-important win last night over the Rockets!! Well done Baron!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:39 am
YES! I watched the game with my GF on nba league pass and wow....

Amazing, we were in it, out of it, in it, and out of it... kept going back n forth, with that stupid "history reveal" crap statistic wise, which I can care less about. Baron was huge, and granted from TV I thought he should have penetrated to the basket but thinking about it right now, the ref was not going to help the warriors, so it was probably better that he didnt.

Folye Brilliant performace I'm happy he got some playing time and show what he can do, because of this GAME he is now WORTHLY of being traded away. If some teams watch the game they would see that he is decently effective against big man and plays his role. GOOD JOB FOLYE... THANKS FOR HELPING US TRADE YOU

Monta, is going througha mini-sophmore slump but he just needs to play through it. You have your ups and downs and I'm sure he will turn it around. He did hit a pretty big shot close to the end, so I'm glad he is showing he has not fear in taking open jumpers.

Lastly, I have a GUT feeling that both Foyle and Murphy is leaving soon..... PRAY FOR THAT TO HAPPEN...

and BTW... I CANNOT BELIEVE PEOPLE FORGOT ABOUT THIS...

DIOGU WAS DRESSED FOR THE GAME, GREAT SIGN!!!!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:09 pm
great wn.

win zarko comes back that will put us over the top. guaranteed playoffs with zarko in the lineup.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:54 pm
I was at the game last night and I dont know if Ive been to a better one in a while.
Baron was AMAZING. I really dont know if Id trade him for AI straight up the way he is playing these days. What a GAME.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:28 pm
d1mex wrote:great wn.

win zarko comes back that will put us over the top. guaranteed playoffs with zarko in the lineup.

lol, aren't I supposed to say that?
Previous

Return to Game Threads