Mullin might just be looking to get Iverson

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:00 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:They would go for Pietrus and one or two others maybe, but not for dun! I agree that Mullin should be looking at this as a much more viable trade. Even Murphy and Pietrus for Lewis and Watson

I'd try Dun just due to their needs at SF. Probably would have to settle for Pietrus, tho... but if Dun keeps having a few more good games from the bench, there may be a chance.

And, regarding Murphy, there's no chance there. They've just re-signed Wilcox and Collison this summer.

I just don't see the Sonics being stupid enough to trade Lewis for dun. They don't want to go backwards.

The Sonics just might be the darkhorse to get Iverson. I'm thinking Rashard, Watson or Ridnour and a future 1st rounder for Iverson

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:42 am
migya wrote:The Sonics just might be the darkhorse to get Iverson. I'm thinking Rashard, Watson or Ridnour and a future 1st rounder for Iverson

The problem for the Sonics is that, if Lewis is leaving, they'll have to trade him this season for whatever offer they may get... or they'll lose him for nothing. They're in a tricky position regarding Lewis. Probably would take a max contract to keep him in Seattle.

Also, I don't think AI considers Seattle as an option. He has already nixed a trade to the Bobcats and has said that he doesn't want to be a Warrior. Why a Sonic, then?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:06 am
TMC wrote:Also, I don't think AI considers Seattle as an option. He has already nixed a trade to the Bobcats and has said that he doesn't want to be a Warrior. Why a Sonic, then?

Because with Ray Allen, a young, sometimes good frontline and possibly Ridnour (if it is Watson who would go instead), that is a pretty good lineup and dangerous. That is a lineup that could go far if they run and gun

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:17 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:Also, I don't think AI considers Seattle as an option. He has already nixed a trade to the Bobcats and has said that he doesn't want to be a Warrior. Why a Sonic, then?

Because with Ray Allen, a young, sometimes good frontline and possibly Ridnour (if it is Watson who would go instead), that is a pretty good lineup and dangerous. That is a lineup that could go far if they run and gun

Great analysis.

I really do not see the Sonics as a viable option, unless the Sonics trade Allen away. Both he, Allen, and AI are 2 guards. AI does best when paired up with a point guard. I can see AI on the Warriors paired up with Davis more so than I can see AI on the Sonics paired up with Allen.

Either way, he, AI is a great player.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:37 am
uptempo wrote:
migya wrote:

Great analysis.

I really do not see the Sonics as a viable option, unless the Sonics trade Allen away. Both he, Allen, and AI are 2 guards. AI does best when paired up with a point guard. I can see AI on the Warriors paired up with Davis more so than I can see AI on the Sonics paired up with Allen.

Either way, he, AI is a great player.

Iverson is a passer as well and Allen is a perfect SG alongside Iverson because he can run and catch and shoot at any time. Allen doesn't need to have the ball all the time to be effective.

Don't see Baron and Iverson coexisting! Can't see Iverson and JRich coexisting either. Baron has to have the ball in his hands alot and he deserves to by his performances this season

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:29 am
migya wrote:Don't see Baron and Iverson coexisting! Can't see Iverson and JRich coexisting either. Baron has to have the ball in his hands alot and he deserves to by his performances this season

Actually, I can see AI and J-Rich meshing well. It's the Baron and AI couple what would worry me...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:00 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Don't see Baron and Iverson coexisting! Can't see Iverson and JRich coexisting either. Baron has to have the ball in his hands alot and he deserves to by his performances this season

Actually, I can see AI and J-Rich meshing well. It's the Baron and AI couple what would worry me...

Like Stack and JJackson from a few years ago, JRich is a slasher as well as a shooter but he needs to get the ball a fair bit as well. It could work but since Baron is playing so well now, no reason to go for Iverson

Previous

Return to Trades